U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2008, 05:17 AM

17,833 posts, read 31,744,094 times

Advertisements

God morning all
Yup that is all I have planned for today 'cause I'm feeling like crap
Somehow I got a bladder infection (not fun) I was lucky though my Dr was at a conference and said he would meet me at his office on his way home the medicine he gave me is playing havoc with my stomach so we are skipping meeting our friends for breakfast

lol he "yelled" me because I went to the drugstore and got that over the counter stuff AZO for those of you lucky folks who have never tried it it turns your urine orange (but it works) but the orange dye messes with the test strip rofl I know TMI !!!

oh well I told him I didn't know if he was going to call back and I had to do something

We are suppose to have rain all day so I won't feel to guilty about sitting around

So whats on your list for today
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2008, 05:29 AM

19,922 posts, read 10,573,279 times
Awww Karla. Sorry you are not feeling well. Two food items that might help. Anytime I have stomach issues, particularly from medication, I eat Dannon Yougurt (the kind that has L-Acidophyllus). Sometimes, antibiotics kill the natural germs that belong in the stomach. The yogurt replaces those germs. The other item that could help with bladder infections is cranberry juice. Don't ask me why but it does seem to work.

On my list today is also sitting on my you-know-what. I had a rough night and could not get comfortable, so I hope to spend some time downstairs in my big fat fluffy chair and ZZZZzzzzzz!

I hope you feel better and I hope that everyone else gets out there and makes up for the exercise that you and I are passing on today.

Charley

Old 06-22-2008, 07:05 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 18,323,437 times
Yep, it's a day of rest for me, too. Sunday, ya know.

Karla, sorry to hear about your issues. I'm with Charley on the cranberry juice. It really does help. I can't vouch for the yogurt because I don't eat much of it, but I've read that it does help those "good" bacteria just like he says. I tell ya, ya gotta start listening to CHarley!

So just get some old movies on tv and relax today. Hope ya feel better.

Old 06-22-2008, 08:41 AM

8,189 posts, read 30,074,454 times
Add me to the list of people who are not feeling their sparkling best and plan on doing nothing today. I am guessing it is a mild case of food poisoning. 'Nuff said.

We had rain here all day all day yesterday. Didn't stop until after 8 last night. You know who is wild this morning. For her sake I dragged myself to the dog park so she could blow some steam. We are both now ready to become one with the couch.

Old 06-22-2008, 09:19 AM

7,371 posts, read 18,461,468 times
Sorry to hear everyone is feeling so poorly. Another good food for a bladder infection is asparagus. It works.
The youngin' and I did a walk today but not very long. We're having a hot tub delivered and had to get back home.
My s/o had to go down and meet them in town to bring them up here. Too difficult to give directions in the mountains.
Evey, send us some of that rain. It rained some yesterday but not enough to eliminate the fire danger yet.
You all take care and enjoy doing nothing. I think sometimes we need that.

Old 06-22-2008, 09:21 AM
JnR

1,709 posts, read 820,681 times
Good morning! Good health vibes (and nap vibes) out to everyone who is not feeling well today. Feeling pretty good myself, another hot day on tap at 107, so will get some stuff done this morning and hide later this afternoon. I am going to do some stretches and then head out for a 30 minute walk and then do a few crunches and arm work when I get back home. No excuses!!! (berating myself)

Have a good day everyone

Old 06-22-2008, 06:26 PM

4,279 posts, read 10,013,262 times
Hope you guys get some good rest and feel better soon! Take it easy.

Yesterday went walking and today took the paddle boat around the lake. As usual I had a blast! Back home and reality now. The good thing is mother nature dribbled all over my baby lawn so no need for me to be bothering with sprinklers.

Have a wonderful evening everyone!

Old 06-22-2008, 07:12 PM

19,922 posts, read 10,573,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
Karla, sorry to hear about your issues. I'm with Charley on the cranberry juice. It really does help. I can't vouch for the yogurt because I don't eat much of it, but I've read that it does help those "good" bacteria just like he says. I tell ya, ya gotta start listening to Charley!
Very sweet. Thank you for the endorsement.

Old 06-23-2008, 04:51 AM

17,833 posts, read 31,744,094 times
hey all
well I didn't do much yesterday and broke out the cranberry juice (thanks for the suggestion) sans the vodka

I am feeling better this morning I think the antibiotic's finally kicked in along with all of your good wishes
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals