U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2008, 05:59 AM

17,833 posts, read 31,584,924 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone
That pesky Monday showed up again

I think I am going to still take it easy today give the drugs one more day
though the lawn is calling my name lol loudly
if it stays cloudy I may go out later to mow the Dr told me this one antibiotic and sun do not go well together, you can burn very easily

I hope everyone else is also feeling better
hey lol at least we all get "yucky" together

So whats on your plate for today
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2008, 06:04 AM

19,922 posts, read 10,517,584 times
Hello all.

I'm hoping for a better day today. I was attacked by a bag of chocolate chip cookies and my resistance was very weak as I am still recovering from surgery.

But OH BABY were they good. Today, I pay.

Hope you're feeling better today Karla and hope that all my training partners are doing well.

Charley

Old 06-23-2008, 06:13 AM

4,280 posts, read 9,970,082 times
Karla, please let the grass wait another day! We don't want you looking like a cooked lobster.

Charley, I feel your pain. I was attacked by a bag of garlic pretzels lastnight. The bad thing is I have NO excuse

Going to be a lovely day here in the beautiful dairy state. Will be heading out for my walk in a few, then I need to tackle a few projects in the house. I'm reorganizing the utility/storage room so as usual I'll be making a bigger mess.

Hope everyone is feeling a little, if not completely better today.

Old 06-23-2008, 06:18 AM

19,922 posts, read 10,517,584 times
These food attacks can be tough, can't they?

Old 06-23-2008, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMTAD View Post
These food attacks can be tough, can't they?
No kidding
lol I found a new snack the other day

Kraft Macaroni & Cheese crackers !!!!!

they were doing samples at the grocery store and has 55 cents off coupon

needless to say 2 boxes came home and I had no problem going through almost 1 box

tet I am going to try to wait but the problem is the little dogs ralph & lola won't go in the yard when the grass is long I may just break down and call the lawn guy and let him mow it
I don't want hubby out there yet till his leg is 100%

Though I have this huge straw hat which will help block the sun if it comes out and I decide to head out later

Old 06-23-2008, 06:54 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 18,211,781 times
And still use sun blocker, Karla. Those pesky UV rays can make it thru the clouds, no matter how thick. Glad you're feeling better.

Did the usual bike to the gym, 30 min. weights, incl. side bendy things, then the medium ride home.

They're having a hurricane preparedness "seminar" at the clubhouse today. SInce it's our first full season, I think I'll be going. DH doesn't seem interested, but I'll try to drag him along.

Enjoy the day, all.

Old 06-23-2008, 07:11 AM

7:42 am ring ring ring
look at caller ID
uh oh it is NN
continue to let phone ring
machine picks up
hmmm lol no message

yup caller ID = priceless !!!!

Pattie
yeah it is the start of hurricane preparedness week
Our news has been talking about it all morning
being new to the area it would be good for both of you to go
plus the question & answer part can be interesting
they are some pretty odd questions folks ask

Old 06-23-2008, 10:01 AM

8,189 posts, read 29,924,966 times
Morning peeps!

Just got back from the beach. We swam, chased fishes, and ran around in the sand. I am pooped.

Pattie my husband is never concerned with the storms either. Well, not until 2004 when we sat in the house while Charley (the hurricane, not our exercise buddy) tore apart the town 10 minutes south of us. These days I get some help getting ready.

Old 06-23-2008, 10:12 AM
JnR

1,709 posts, read 817,551 times
Good morning! Well, it has finally cooled back down to normal temps around here and I am happy for it! My aqua aerobics class is in a couple of hours, looking forward to that. They have adult lap swim at the same time, going to see if I can drag hubby down for that while I do aerobics. Then off to town to get groceries for the week and a few other errands. With gas at $4.74 per gallon, and a round trip to town being at least 40 miles just to get there, I try and only do town 2 days a week.

Food attacks... chocolate chip cookies, yummy, garlic pretzels, yummy... last time I went to Costco I bought the huge jar of Jelly Belly jelly beans and those are oh so good... they keep calling me from inside the pantry. LOL

Happy Monday to all!

Old 06-23-2008, 11:56 AM

13,578 posts, read 5,030,806 times
Good morning!

It's been so hot today! Our office is on the south side of the building, that makes not-sweating a real exercise. Some days the sweat might start dripping down so I try not to move at my desk

The day nursery called me this afternoon at 2:10 p.m. b/c DS was feverish and I had to pick him up. B/c he has a running nose and coughs from time to time I ran straight to the doc. It's nothing serious, thankfully. I guess he's just teething again.

My exercise today will be watering all the garden. I'm glad we don't have a big garden but lifting the can full with water and run around to water all the pots can be exhausting.

Have a great day all. Off to have some dinner before I get in the garden.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals