U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2008, 05:26 AM

17,833 posts, read 31,729,269 times

Advertisements

lol sorry couldn't resist

ok so NMS are you an expert after the seminar and most importantly did NN go !! She probably was the hit of the Q&A
Having evacuated twice when I lived at the beach I keep a few rubbermaid containers to stash the pictures and stuff

So for today now that the house is all sparklely I have got to mow the lawn
I have the big and I mean big straw hat and will wear a t-shirt instead of a tanktop
this should help keep the sun off most of me and also provide for some neighborhood entertainment the outfit and the squats while mowing should do the trick

hey lol I found a new exercise do you know you can do deep knee bends while wrapping the cord back on the vac so instead of just bending over to get the bottom do a deep knee bend lol
see who needs to spend money on a gym
you can also use cleaning the mirrors to do a good upward stretch

ok lol I need to get out of the house more

So whats your exercise plans for the day
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2008, 05:34 AM

19,922 posts, read 10,567,128 times
Good morning everyone,

I'm planning to get out and walk a little today, but probably a small distance and very slowly. I've started to experience a little swelling and discomfort in the surgical area. I think that maybe some of the nerves that were cut are re-awakening as I have feeling in parts of the area again - but some discomfort. So I'm going to very gently get out and stroll at about 9AM and we'll see what happens.

I love those "household" exercises, Karla. When I get back to spacking and sanding and painting, I'll have to remember those!

Have a great day everyone.

Charley

Old 06-24-2008, 05:53 AM

hey charley
yup is your feeling "tingling" thats what is happening
the nerves are saying "hello here I am"

Remember there are the inside stitches that are still there so be careful

ok off to go mow

see you all in a bit

p.s. today is National Swim a Lap Day

lol I know with the humidity it will feel like I am swimming through the humidity while mowing

Old 06-24-2008, 06:00 AM

There is tingling and there is discomfort and I'm feeling both. And ... then there is the return of the hair that was shaved for the surgery - but since no one really needs to know me this well ...

Old 06-24-2008, 07:07 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 18,313,633 times
TMI, CHarley, TMI!!! LOL

Yep, I'm now an evac expert! Actually, I'm now scared witless. Keep your fingers crossed we don't get any hurricanes for the next 40 or 50 years. OK?

NN did go. I tried to sneak out by myself, but..... Yesterday, she needed to go to the store because her son didn't come over this weekend to take her. So I took her to Wally World and let her wander while I picked up a few things for my trip (Rach is leaving tomorrow, BTW - safe trip, Rach!). NN apologized for taking so long and Stupid Sally here said "that's ok, I don't have anywhere I have to be till this afternoon." "Oh, where are you going this afternoon, if I can be so nosey???" Her exact words. One of these days, I'm going to say - no, you can't be! I told her I had to go to a meeting. "Oh! Is that the one about the storms? Can I go with you?" $(&%^_@)(&##@# and then some. I told her she could if DH wasn't going. Naturally, he didn't want to go. So I took her. It was boring as heck, and about 15 minutes before it ended, she picked up her purse, got out her sunglasses, and sat with the purse and glasses on her lap, like "OK, I'm ready to go now." You know, when LOla looks at you with those big eyes and says, "Let's go for a walk." I sat there till the bitter end.

Oh, is this the exercise thread??? Did my 45 min. bike ride, but my knees hollered at me the whole way. I thought this was going to get easier the more I did it?

Gotta run. Taking some stuff to the goodwill and then on to BJ's.

Have a great day.

Old 06-24-2008, 07:14 AM

4,279 posts, read 10,009,408 times
Ooooo ya gonna have the itches too Charley!

Already got my morning walk done and watered the garden. Ever heard of the expression "It's like watching grass grow"?. That's been me for the last week and a half. It seems like all I had was dirt and straw then overnight ... POOF ... grass!

Heading into the depths of the catastophe I started in the storage room in a few. I keep asking myself why I start these projects ... haven't got an answer yet!

Hope you guys in FL don't have any storms come through. I hated having to evacuate when I lived in GA. I could pack my truck in about 10 minutes flat with all my sentimentals.

NMS ... what does $(&%^_@)(&##@# mean?

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Old 06-24-2008, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tet tea View Post
Ooooo ya gonna have the itches too Charley!
I do.

I took my walk. Slow and frustrating. For someone like me, who could go out and breeze through a six-miler and come back smiling, this little walk this morning was annoying. I did about two very slow miles. It was uncomfortable. All those who have had the surgery - or other abdominal surgery - keep telling me that the more walking you can do (without straining) the better. But this was just slow and uncomfortable and not the kind of enjoyable walk to which I am accustomed.

Stay healthy everyone. Do what you can for wellness and don't do things that put you at risk for things like sprains, strains and hernias. As we get older, it really does take a long time to come back and for someone like me with "limited patience", it's just frustrating.

Charley

Old 06-24-2008, 07:44 AM

8,189 posts, read 30,061,289 times
Morning peeps!

Hot, muggy, and overcast here this morning. Shadow & I walked the neighborhood and are thinking beach for later this afternoon. I have noticed that Shadow seems to be uninterested in the dog park these days, so maybe the beach in the late day when it is hot will be better.

I have been ignoring the laundry, so I will be doing that fun chore today.

Old 06-24-2008, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
"Oh, where are you going this afternoon, if I can be so nosey???" Her exact words. One of these days, I'm going to say - no, you can't be!
omg rofl
how did you not burst out laughing !!
Mr NMS must be made to attend these events lol

well the lawn is mowed and I am all showered and clean
I think I set a new record 50 mins start to finish big hat and all
the back was so long I had to bag the clippings and of course today they yard waste pick up guys came at 7 am
oh well lol it can sit and ferment in the bags till next week

when I got in I check the phone and yup 8:05 guess who called !!!and of course no message

Old 06-24-2008, 08:55 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 18,313,633 times
Oh, she says it all the time, Karla.

Tet, those are bad words. You know, like the cartoon people say.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals