Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2008, 04:45 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,494,089 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
I do, I do!

Sounds like a great idea to me. I'll look up Ocala and get back at you.

Mom and I went to the grocery store today. Of course, it's grey and rainy here, I'm exhausted, didn't put on any makeup, I'm wearing my sweat-shorts and a non-matching top, and who do we run into??? You got it. My ex. Now, why couldn't I have run into him when I looked good?? Nnnoooooo..

Oh, well, he's probably telling his daughter...I mean his wife how he dodged the bullet on that one!
Have a great day, all.
MEEEOOWWW!!! That is what I always think about too! Always happens that way. Who knows, you might have looked pretty good to him! Happy anyway! And what sweeter revenge is there than that!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2008, 05:05 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,207,990 times
Thanks, fuzz. THat helped.

Old 07-14-2008, 04:54 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,038,297 times
morning all after breakfast I decided to do the lawn a day early, dang it was hot out there I got the "wow you really need a shower" from hubby
So once I was clean & shinny we had movie day
I realized that if you watch the original not the "formated" for TV version you get to see everything they cut out lol it was like watching a new movie

Fuzzy your joke was great I am going to send it to a few folks that will love it

pattie - if Ocala is 3+ hours form you you must be way south
ok how far from Tampa/Palmetto are you & evey
If hubby works from home on a Friday I could drive down we could spend the day then I can stay at my FILs and drive home Sat

As far as your "close encounter" goes
heck he was probably so jealous seeing you , lets face it you have a pretty good thing going, retired living in Fl, able to travel back & forth when ever you want
while the "poor thing" still has to work day in and day out to support the daughter um I mean wife

I shall pass along a trick I have used when running into any "close encounters"
1. use the look of surprise on you face to your advantage as in "wow I didn't recognize you" having the tone reflect the "dang your old looking, glad I have a better model now" theme
2. subtlety let them know how terrific your life is

I ran into an old BF's(who also traded me in for a younger model) brother once and was very happy he asked the right questions
How are you ? Great I'm married (flash bling) and am doing my volunteering full time now
Are you still at the beach? No we built a 2100 sq ft house about a year ago not to far from here

Then I went in for the "kill" lol
How is your brother, is he married ?
No they are still living together in her apt

How wonderful that they are still together (flash bling again)
So how are your kids and your parents ? Please make sure to send my regards to them all

lol see I knew they had a tradition of getting everyone together for dinner on Sunday nights and we all know that men (except our charley) just don't know when not to pass along certain messages
So I had a feeling that Sunday dinner was going to be interesting that week

see lol I can be a little "evil"

ok going to go let chaos out then I will start todays thread

Old 07-14-2008, 07:54 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,207,990 times
Great story, Karla. Thanks for sharing.

He and I are still friends, or maybe I should say friendly. His daugh (Darn! there I go again) wife doesn't like me, tho, for some reason, so we don't communicate much. I don't want to cause any problems for him. Actually, he does look good. In the past 5 years or so, he's had a mini stroke and pancreatic cancer. He's been thru 2 operations, one of which was for a blockage that resulted from the first surgery. He got down to 97 lbs.! He was sick when I saw him last year, but looks a lot better now. Much more healthy. Still thin, but not grey like he was a year ago.

I guess his young wife (15 years younger than he is) is having a difficult time dealing with his illnesses. She wasn't expecting to sign on for that sort of thing, I guess.

Enough of his problems...... See you on Monday's thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals