Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2008, 03:00 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,116,442 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone
we got up at 4 !!! I guess because we went to bed at 9:30 lol

so here I am catching up with all of yesterdays posts before meeting our friends for breakfast
I am going to go over to chaos's around 6:15 that way I will have time to shower before we leave with all the rain we had I just know if I go over there "clean" he will find some mud to "paw" me with lol

I have no idea what we are going to do today

anyone want to come visit and hang out
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2008, 04:23 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,233,542 times
Morning early bird!

It is raining here as well. I managed to get Shadow outside to pee during a lull, but I have a feeling she will not be walking very far this morning.

We will go to breakfast with the folks, then I guess I will tackle the laundry.

Last night my husband decided he is going to come look at houses with me (see, I told you he would come around!) so we will probably take a road trip on Tuesday.

Old 07-13-2008, 05:00 AM

ooo to jax !!!!!!!

Old 07-13-2008, 05:40 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,233,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
ooo to jax !!!!!!!
LOL! Sorry, to Indiana. I am looking at this awesome farmhouse on 1- 1/2 acre for $14K. I am sure it needs some work, but it is a cool old house on a nice piece of property. My best friend lives 3 miles form that house, and she is the one that I go up there every year to work on her horses. So at least I know I will have one good customer........

Old 07-13-2008, 07:30 AM

Indiana !!! wow I didn't know you were talking out of state !!!

hey don't you have to pass by jax on your way

one of my attorney's lives in Indianapolis and has dogs hmm maybe you would have another customer

ok hubby has been making "noises" about working from home 2 days a week so this could mean we fla folks do find a middle area and do a meet up since I wouldn't have to be home in 4 hours
especially if there is a chance you would be moving out of state

how far is everyone from ocala is that middle ?

Old 07-13-2008, 07:44 AM

19,922 posts, read 11,043,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racelady88 View Post
LOL! Sorry, to Indiana. I am looking at this awesome farmhouse on 1- 1/2 acre for $14K.
That sounds like an incredibly low price! Best of luck. I'll bet the surroundings are gorgeous.

Did some more yard work this morning, before it got too hot to work out there. Back into the 90's with high humidity again today - but rain coming tonight. It's welcome!

Why do I have the urge for french fries?

Charley

Old 07-13-2008, 09:16 AM

12,981 posts, read 14,532,742 times
Default received this email

[*this is just a joke]

Dear Diary,
For my birthday this year, my daughter (the dear) purchased a week of personal training at the local health club for me.

Although I am still in great shape since being a high school football cheerleader 43 years ago, I decided it would be a good idea to go ahead and give it a try.

I called the club and made my reservations with a personal trainer named Belinda, who identified herself as a 26-year-old aerobics instructor and model for athletic clothing and swim wear.

My daughter seemed pleased with my enthusiasm to get started! The club encouraged me to keep a diary to chart my progress.
Started my day at 6:00 a.m. Tough to get out of bed, but found it was well worth it when I arrived at the health club to find Belinda waiting for me. She is something of a Greek goddess - with blond hair, dancing eyes and a dazzling white smile. Woo Hoo!!

Belinda gave me a tour and showed me the machines. I enjoyed watching the skillful way in which she conducted her aerobics class after my workout today. Very inspiring!

Belinda was encouraging as I did my sit-ups, although my gut was already aching from holding it in the whole time she was around. This is going to be a FANTASTIC week-!!
I drank a whole pot of coffee, but I finally made it out the door. Belinda made me lie on my back and push a heavy iron bar into the air then she put weights on it! My legs were a little wobbly on the treadmill, but I made the full mile. Belinda's rewarding smile made it all worthwhile. I feel GREAT-!! It's a whole new life for me.
The only way I can brush my teeth is by laying the toothbrush on the counter and moving my mouth back and forth over it. I believe I have a hernia in both pectorals. Driving was OK as long as I didn't try to steer or stop. I parked on top of a GEO in the club parking lot.

Belinda was impatient with me, insisting that my screams bothered other club members. Her voice is a little too perky for that early in the morning and when she scolds, she gets this nasally whine that is VERY annoying.

My chest hurt when I got on the treadmill, so Belinda put me on the stair monster. Why the heck would anyone invent a machine to simulate an activity rendered obsolete by elevators? Belinda told me it would help me get in shape and enjoy life. She said some other crap too.
Belinda was waiting for me with her vampire-like teeth exposed as her thin, cruel lips were pulled back in a full snarl. I couldn't help being a half an hour late - it took me that long to tie my shoes. Belinda took me to work out with dumbbells. When she was not looking, I ran and hid in the restroom. She sent another skinny witch to find me.Then, as punishment, she put me on the rowing machine -- which I sank.
I hate that witch Belinda more than any human being has ever hated any other human being in the history of the world. Stupid, skinny, anemic, anorexic little cheerleader. If there was a part of my body I could move without unbearable pain, I would beat her with it.

Belinda wanted me to work on my triceps. I don't have any triceps! And if you don't want dents in the floor, don't hand me the stupid barbells or anything that weighs more than a sandwich.

The treadmill flung me off and I landed on a health and nutrition teacher. Why couldn't it have been someone softer, like the drama coach or the choir director?
Belinda left a message on my answering machine in her grating, shrilly voice wondering why I did not show up today. Just hearing her voice made me want to smash the machine with my planner; however, I lacked the strength to even use the TV remote and ended up catching eleven straight hours of the Weather Channel.
I'm having the Church van pick me up for services today so I can go and thank GOD that this week is over. I will also pray that next year my daughter (the little brat) will choose a gift for me that is fun -- like a root canal or a hysterectomy. I still say if God had wanted me to bend over, he would have sprinkled the floor with diamonds!!!

Old 07-13-2008, 11:41 AM

12,981 posts, read 14,532,742 times
Another chance to work out, so I did about an hour or so. I found a weight for a dumbell, 8.8 lbs/4Kg and used that in my abc workout-that's up from 6.6 lbs-didn't really feel it [yet?]!?

Got some more flowers to plant-hubby's bff gave them to me, said they match my colors, so I'm going to go try to find room to put them! I also have 4 begonias which I might take over and plant at my neighbor's-I planted two over there the other day. We'll see. She fell in her bedroom and banged up her elbow and messed up her back-probably tripped over one of those stupid dogs. [I love dogs-but these are out of control] Maybe if she comes out and supervises me, she'll feel better!

Old 07-13-2008, 12:00 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,261,770 times
Quote:

anyone want to come visit and hang out
I do, I do!

Quote:
ok hubby has been making "noises" about working from home 2 days a week so this could mean we fla folks do find a middle area and do a meet up since I wouldn't have to be home in 4 hours
especially if there is a chance you would be moving out of state

how far is everyone from ocala is that middle ?

Sounds like a great idea to me. I'll look up Ocala and get back at you.

Mom and I went to the grocery store today. Of course, it's grey and rainy here, I'm exhausted, didn't put on any makeup, I'm wearing my sweat-shorts and a non-matching top, and who do we run into??? You got it. My ex. Now, why couldn't I have run into him when I looked good?? Nnnoooooo..

Oh, well, he's probably telling his daughter...I mean his wife how he dodged the bullet on that one!

Have a great day, all.

Old 07-13-2008, 12:13 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,261,770 times
Ok, Ocala's 212 miles from me, about a 3 hour, 15 min. drive. If that's central for everybody else, it's ok with me, but I'd prefer a little closer if possible.

Hey, Karla....did Mr. Karla ever hear from those 2 jobs he interviewed for?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals