Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2008, 08:00 PM

17,833 posts, read 33,157,714 times

Advertisements

Chaos's dad is home so I won't have to rush over there at 6:30 am
so I am going to sleep till I wake up
rofl though watch me wake up at 5:30 just because

I have every intention of getting some trimming done on the back bottle brush trees first thing, well as soon as I get up

then I am going to head over to mawipafl 's house around 11 to see her new landscaping and we will grab a bite to eat

so what are my fellow poster planning to do today
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2008, 03:46 AM

well so much for that great idea
lol 5:33 I found myself wide awake

Old 07-21-2008, 04:02 AM

19,922 posts, read 11,058,440 times
Good morning everyone. I'll be playing catch-up this morning with emails and other items, but I also intend to get out for a walk sometime today.

Charley

Old 07-21-2008, 06:39 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,289,134 times
Good morning, all, from sunny Florida!!!

Oh, I can't tell you how nice it is to be back home. It looks like Charley's back safe and soung too. I hope things are going well for Evey.

Let's see. Yesterday, I woke up at 1 a.m. and could NOT get back to sleep. I watched tv for a bit - checked on the weather for my trip and was assured everything would be fine. We did fly way inland yesterday to get away from Cristobal. That's ok. Both flights arrived early - 10 minutes into JFK (not bad for a 45 min. flight) and 30 min. into Ft. Myers. Luckily, DH was there way early, but he was not where I thought he'd be because he wasn't expecting me for another 1/2 hour!

Anyway, I got up at 2, we left about 3:10 or 3:15 (this is why I tell BIL we need to leave at least 15 minutes before we really do!). BIL drove and, for the first 45 minutes, he went on and on and on, without a breath, about some guy I've never met and the issues with his family after his wife died and all about the will and yada, yada, yada.... I actually started beating my head against the car window. If only some people came with an off button, ya know??

So, I'm back safe and sound. I fell asleep on the lanai sofa somewhere around 8, then dragged myself to bed around 9. Went right back to sleep and slept like a log. Man, that felt good.

Karla, we have that heat advisory here, too. It's already in the 80's with high humidity.

This past mother's day, the kitties got me a beautiful dish garden which I've had on the front steps since then. Well, it had 2 kinds of impatiens, 2 or 3 kinds of marigolds, some leafy thing I can't think of right now, a beonia and what I called daisies on steriods. Some of the stuff has died off, but this morning, I went out and planted the leafy stuff, the marigolds and an impatiens around the lamp post. I don't think it's going to make it, but hey, what the heck! Oh...that leafy stuff is coleus. Don't you love senior moments. Then I went around and picked up all the pine cones that fell down while I was gone. That was enough work for today.

DH and I are going to see if we can get sinks to fit our bathroom this morning, then to Publix. I definitely plan on fitting in some pool time this afternoon. I'll start the exercise program tomorrow.

Good to be back. I hope everyone is fine. Missed y'all yesterday! Hugs and kisses.

Old 07-21-2008, 07:04 AM

4,279 posts, read 10,371,908 times
Glad you made it home safe and sound NMS. I like visiting and traveling but it always feels good to come home.

Heading on out with my screwdriver to do some weeding. With all the rain we've had the last few days those little green buggers have sprouted everywhere!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Old 07-21-2008, 08:24 AM

hey all
charley "catch up" can a interesting experience
welcome home pattie !!!
lol tet see you will never weed without your handy screwdriver again !!

Right now at 10:30 or so it is 85 and feels like 89
I just spent 2 1/2 hours in the back yard I attacked the weeds in the herb garden
I am still waiting for my raised bed lol
so in the meantime once I got the weeds out I put down weedblock and moved some of the potted herbs to the area and mulched
it really looks nice, I figure it will "do" till I get you know who to build the beds lol

he is working from home again today
rofl I just told the dogs "shhh "daddy's" working

ok off to shower because well lol with that heat you can just imagine

Old 07-21-2008, 11:35 AM

12,981 posts, read 14,553,793 times
Hi everyone, it's pretty soupy hot up here as well, and thunderstorms are on the way-or so say the overzealous weathermen up here. [oooops, I mean meteorologists]

I did my workout for the day, and got an extra, impromptu one yesterday, scrubbing the patio concrete with a big push broom and bleach water. Did it twice-the first time, it didn't seem to do anything except make me a sweaty mess, so I googled it. I was doing the correct thing, so I tried it again. Looks much better. Then I fertilized all my flowers and we ran to the grocery store.

Glad you made it back Pattie, and you too Charley!

Have a good day, peeps!

Old 07-21-2008, 12:54 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,365,585 times
Welcome back home to Pattie and Charley. Wonder when Evey's gonna be home.
Karla, I usually look worse than my dog after walking for a long period of time or doing anything for that matter.LOL It does make her lay around the rest of the day though. (My dog is posted on yesterdays thread for those of you that want to know what she looks like after exercise)
I'm kind of thinking about getting another dog but Isis is alone with us and another dog would cause big time jealousy so I don't know.....

Old 07-22-2008, 03:12 AM

13,608 posts, read 5,396,690 times
NMS - rofl the off button sounds great. Can I have one for my MIL??? I would push it, then pry it off and lose it lol
I know what you mean - nothing like coming home.

Charley, good to know you're feeling good and you're back on track.

You all can send some of the heat over. It seems fall came early. It's grey and stormy, we have lots of rain and it cooled down pretty much. I even have to wear knitted cardigans already

Hope I can believe the weather f/c and we'll get summer back from Thursday on. Let's wait and see.

Went grocery shopping, cooked and did some push ups and ab exercises when watching TV.

Old 07-22-2008, 04:12 AM

MM I will gladly send you some of our heat
it was a "toasty" day yesterday they say the heat index was 103+
it is already 79 at 6 am and with 77% humidity it feels like 82
lol can I come over to your house
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals