Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2008, 04:22 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,107,768 times

Advertisements

of the 4-runner this morning
Hubby had to go in this morning for a conference call so he left at 5:30am
3 mins later he was back in the house asking if I needed the car today

when he turned the key thats the sound he heard and everything went dark
I already called the roadside assistance to have it towed to the dealer they said they will be here in one hour

So I am going to walk over to chaos's & henry's house in about 5 mins it should be light enough by then

lol I know I needed some motivation to walk but never thought the 4-runner would be in "cahoots" with it

Last edited by FLPL75; 07-29-2008 at 04:37 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2008, 04:32 AM

oops !!!!!

can't get in chaos's house if the key to said house is in the Acura which is downtown with hubby

he was not thrilled when I called and shared that info because he just got there and now has to turn around and come back

I guess this would be a "double oops"

Old 07-29-2008, 05:47 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,256,282 times
That's what he gets for waking you up, Karla! LOL

DId about 30 min. on my bike. I was too stiff, front tire was too soft, weather was too sticky for me to go further. SInce we aren't doing anything for the flat on the golf court till "payday" on the first, I'll be biking it again if I go to the pool.

DH is feeling a little better. He got up and had some toast and juice. That's better than yesterday. I still don't think we'll make it to the bank to straighten things up, though. I think we will have to do that tomorrow, whether he feels likeit or not. If he still doesn't feel like it,he'll have a choice - the bank or the doctor.

Old 07-29-2008, 05:56 AM

I wanted to share our "oops" with you, but I wanted to check on yesterday's thread to make sure I didn't first!

Neighbor Doug wanted to borrow our ladder to trim neighbor Lory's palm tree, so he came over and asked me while I was hanging some clothes on the line in the garage. I said ok. He said he was so appreciative that he would come over afterwards and trim our big palm for free, because he wouldn't have been able to finish Lory's job if we hadn't let him. I told him no, that DH likes to do that stuff himself. BTW, Doug has a habit of "trimming" until there's one frond left on the tree. Now, we know you're supposed to give them a good trim for hurricane season, but we like them a little fuller than that. So I said maybe when Len feels better, Doug could talk to him about it. A little while later, I was playing on the computer when I heard ladder noises. Oh, great. Doug's putting the ladder away. Kept playing on the computer. Little while later, more noises. Looked out the window...Doug has 1/2 of the fronds gone from our tree! I ran out, said "Doug, you didn't need to do that!" Thinking, "Len's going to kill me!" "Oh, I wanted to. It really needed it, it was so FULL!" "Yeh, Doug, I know. We kinda like them like that." "Oh, do ya? Well, they should be alittle less full during windy season. I'll just take these last two off then clean it up for you." Well, I made an excuse to hang out and do some weeding while he finished so he wouldn't cut any more. All day yesterday, i prayed that DH wouldn't see the tree. Well, about dinner time, he got off the sofa to get a drink. While he was standing in the kitchen, he turned to me and said, "OMG, Pattie, what happened to our tree???" Oops. So I had to explain it to him. As sick as he was, he wanted to go over and "talk" to Doug about butchering our poor palm tree!

This morning, he started to get his sense of humor back. As he's having his breakfast, he said, "I dreamed sombody cut our palm tree all to h**l yesterday." I told him it was no dream, it was a nightmare and I lived it!

Life is full of oopses. As long as we can laugh about them, right?

Old 07-29-2008, 06:10 AM

omg pattie
I think doug is related to my NN, she has trimmed the bushes in front of my house after I casually mentioned that I was thinking about giving them a hair cut

"Life is full of oopses. As long as we can laugh about them, right?"

ok I am doing some serious laughing now
the tow truck got here and the guy tried to start the 4 runner and then popped the hood
he wiggled the one connector tried to start it again and varoom varoom it started right up
it seems the one connector had gotten loose so he tightened it up and I turned it on and off 7 times without a problem

when I called you know who to tell him (he had just gotten back to the office) he said well how could I check it at 5:30 am in the dark

So I am good to go now since I have the "truck" I may head to the nursery to get some dirt for the herb garden and a few bags of mulch

though I am tempted to "pretend" the car still won't start because I looked at not having a vehicle as a good "veg on the sofa in the A/C with a good book" day

Old 07-29-2008, 06:24 AM

Sounds like a good reason to me, Karla. WHat the heck. Hang out and read anyway!

Old 07-29-2008, 07:05 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,226,172 times
LOL Karla! At least it was not an $800 car won't start problem.

Pattie, my husband likes to "glom" the trees & bushes. It makes me crazy, they just start to look good and he is out there beating them back.

It is pouring down rain here right now, so Shadow & I are waiting for it to stop before we head out. We did a 5 mile walk in the heat of the day yesterday and I think she is not minding staying in bed a little longer. They just opened a new nature preserve and we had to go check it out.

Old 07-29-2008, 07:10 AM

no kidding evey that wold not of been a good day

I looked at the radar and I have a feeling the rain you have is what they are saying we have a 60 % chance of getting today
so kind of you to share

Old 07-29-2008, 09:14 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,226,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
no kidding evey that wold not of been a good day

I looked at the radar and I have a feeling the rain you have is what they are saying we have a 60 % chance of getting today
so kind of you to share
Will share the rain any old time. If your house is like mine your grass is still crunching. I have been watering just enough to keep the grass alive. I have never seen it go this late into summer without rain.

Old 07-29-2008, 09:20 AM

We went from being the driest county in FL to being the wettest, all in one month. I went to the neighbor's house to steal some celery for the soup I'm making DH and, just as soon as I got back into our house, the skies opened. That was pure luck, let me tell you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals