Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2008, 09:20 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,112,598 times

Advertisements

we have been watching this one pine tree behind our house
it was leaning a bit yesterday
here was about an hour ago

since then it has totally fallen to the ground
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2008, 09:38 AM
JnR

1,709 posts, read 850,740 times
Good morning to all! Wow, you Floridians are really getting the rain. Are they predicting for this to be the last day?? I saw in our paper here this morning an article talking about the alligators and snakes roaming around neighborhoods... I wouldn't set foot outdoors!!

This morning hubby and I will do the adult swim, I think. Yesterday I didn't feel so well towards the afternoon, but I think it is more allergies than a cold. Sometimes it is hard to tell, tho. Later this afternoon I want to head into town and do some grocery shopping and then go looking for a cute outfit to wear on Saturday. The girls and I are going to the Olive Festival in the park and these girls know how to dress!! I told hubby that I will need something cute to wear too. This is what he did He says isn't there something in that big closet you could wear??? LOL They just don't understand....

Stay dry! Happy Friday!

Old 08-22-2008, 09:40 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,230,359 times
LOL! Men just don't get it.

Karla, good thing the wind is blowing the direction it is or that tree woul dhave hit your fence.

Old 08-22-2008, 10:25 AM

12,981 posts, read 14,530,896 times
See, I am not the only one with nothing to wear-or that takes longer than 5 minutes to get ready. I wish someone would tell my dh that.

Gators and snakes milling about? I wouldn't venture out without stilts! Karla? I am totally seeing this!

Today I did some of the 'boot camp'' videos from spark people, which, until now, I've been unable to watch-could only see a description of them! Did 3 of them, plus a stretching video, so after a quick ABC I'm done.

Have a safe and dry Friday-well, try to anyway.

Old 08-22-2008, 11:32 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,259,466 times
We started out with a beautiful, warm, but muggy morning, only to have it suddenly deteriorate and rain all stupid day (I almost put a really bad word in there). I love to read, but I'm even tired of that! To top it off, yesterday it made my sinuses scream, so I took some meds for that and was out on and off all afternoon. Today, my arm and shoulder feel like somebody's pounding them with a sledge hammger. I've taken ibuprofen and rubbed Ben-Gay type stuff on them and neither has touched the pain.

Sorry. Rant over.

So...how's your day going??

Jeannie, I'm so glad for you. Evey....is it this weekend or next you're headed out? Sorry....senior moment going on here.

Charley, nice to see you pop in once in a while.

JnR...men just don't get it, do they?

Old 08-22-2008, 11:46 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,230,359 times
Pattie I know all about that sinus thing. It hammers me with every one of these huge low pressure systems. And the humidity kills every joint in my body. Hang tough, this storm will have to go away eventually.

We are heading north next weekend. No way I could be ready by tomorrow!

Old 08-22-2008, 12:23 PM

ok now she is really ticking me off
she has started with her tornado craap

one area of circulation that was conducive to producing a tornado (there words not mine) went about 1/2mile to the east of us then 15 mins later another one went to the west of us by about 3 miles but they are flying north pretty fast
they had spotted 2 tornado's on the ground south of us from these areas of circulation

enough already
another tree in the wooded area went down and ended up in the yard next to me

Old 08-22-2008, 12:25 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,259,466 times
Be safe, Karla. No outside wind checks, ok? Jim Cantore can do it by himself!

Evey, that's good. I was pretty sure it was the last weekend, not this one.

Old 08-22-2008, 12:30 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,339,102 times
Wow, the trees. I love pictures of trees but not the storm that goes along with it. Stay safe inside.
Yea, Jeannie it finally happened. I am so happy for you.
JnR, we all deserve a new outfit and men need to understand that.
One more week for you Evey. I don't know about cats but it's not so bad traveling with a dog. Also you might try some of that Bach flower remedy stuff.
As for me, we all went walking and climbing today.

Old 08-22-2008, 12:41 PM

here is a wind rain picture and the other tree that went down

this one I was out on the back patio standing on the chair holding the umbrella & camera to peer over the fence

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals