U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 05:47 AM

17,833 posts, read 31,972,731 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone
I took a look at the fl radar
http://sirocco.accuweather.com/nx_mo...inmaSIRFL_.gif
looks like lots of yellow down near you pattie are they calling for you to get rain

they are saying some of the bands could ran on us this afternoon we are east of 95

then there is Ike this one could be a real problem for FL

today hubby has a dr apt at 10:30 then I am heading to the towne center after
he went in to the office this week because one of the big bosses was in town
it made him realize how much more work he gets done at home

So who else is starting to experience cooler weather, do you find the cooler it gets the easier exercise is ?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2008, 05:50 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 18,490,694 times
Hi, Karla. It's a bit grey and breezy here this morning, but, so far, no rain in our neighborhood. A lot south and east of us, though. They're not calling for much for us, luckily. Now, Ike...he looks real mean. This guy has me worried. I'm just going to hang in here, keep an eye on what he does and keep all my available digits crossed.

Did the 10 min. ab/butt stuff, then the bike ride over and back and then about 25 min. of weights. Can't wait to see what the dr. says about my arm next week. It seems to be getting worse.

Well, not much going on here lately. DOn't know what's happening for today.

Take care, all.

Old 09-05-2008, 05:59 AM

19,922 posts, read 10,652,618 times
Looks like Hanna will give us some of the rain we need here in New York, but YIKES on Ike. That looks like a real problem on the way. Please be careful, folks!

Old 09-05-2008, 07:03 AM

We're watching him, that's for sure.

Old 09-05-2008, 07:39 AM

8,189 posts, read 30,246,405 times
Morning peeps!

We got some much needed rain from Gustav yesterday and last night. You guys in Ike's path don't be afraid to head for higher ground, that one is going to be nasty.

The rain has made the ground wet and Shadow remembered this morning that she likes to keep her toes dry. She was so funny, wanting to chase birds but trying not to step on the grass. My cat, however, is not caring about wet toes this morning. She has been climbing trees and stalking the birds who are bathing in the puddles. I think Mickey likes the farm.

Today is the day I get my behind on a horse. I am sure I will be stiff & achey tomorrow.

Annoyingly I have not been able to get in touch with my realtor (imagine that!) so I will also be looking for a new agent today as well as opening a new bank account (didn't know there were places on the planet where there was no Bank of America) and I have a lesson to teach this evening. Sounds like a busy day.

Old 09-05-2008, 07:42 AM

Busy, but productive. Good for you, Evey.

Hey, you're missing all the fun down here! Don't you wish you were still in the middle of it all?? Just kidding.

Realtors can be idiots (no offense to anyone here - just SOME realtors).

Old 09-05-2008, 08:10 AM

4,279 posts, read 10,070,085 times
Pattie you are more than welcome to visit us if Ike gets ugly!

Just finished my morning walk and I'm now heading into the garden. I'm a little PO'd as an Alberta Spruce went belly up. It had the right soil, full sun and was watered every day with rain water. Well, I'm digging it up and hauling it back to Home Depot for a refund. Love the fact they have a one year guarantee on their plants. I've even got the original pot, tag and receipt!

Evey, go get yourself some Monkey Butt after your ride!

Have a great day everyone!

Old 09-05-2008, 09:09 AM

Thank you, Tet. That's very kind. But if DH is going to stay, I'm staying with him.

Monkey Butt???

Old 09-05-2008, 09:20 AM
JnR

1,709 posts, read 824,741 times
Hey all! Cooler weather? Not yet... they are calling for 102 here today and tomorrow. But I will not complain (well, try not to) as I really don't like the cold weather of winter so am trying to soak up the last few warm days of summer So this morning hubby and I will head down to the pool. We are both coughing and coughing and I think it is from all the dust and drywall sanding from our remodel project. We are done with that part of it so will spend this weekend trying to wipe everything down and renting a carpet/upholstery cleaner. That dust is so fine it will take weeks to really get all of it

Have a great day

Old 09-05-2008, 10:29 AM

Hey, Karla...another customer for your carpet cleaning business!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals