Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2008, 06:40 AM

9,718 posts, read 14,254,577 times

Advertisements

Stan! That's what we get for making assumptions, huh?
I'm so impressed with what you do! I see you're no slouch, and that's wonderful. Thanks for posting!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2008, 07:00 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,332,595 times
Been slacking lately b/c of work. Sure could use the motivation of y'all here!

Old 10-19-2008, 10:20 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,226,172 times
OMG! Have you people never heard of sleeping in on Sunday?

It was cold enough for some patchy frost this morning! Shadow is W-I-L-D! Apparently she likes the cold air. It has warmed up to 56 on the way to the low 60's. My wimpy husband has been walking around in layers of clothes, covered with a blanket. *shakes head & rolls eyes*

The wild dog & I took the big walk all the way around the farm this morning. The sensible kitty is still in bed.

I will be plopping in front of the NASCAR race in about an hour. That is enough for me on any Sunday.

Old 10-19-2008, 02:51 PM

Come along for a walk with me, on a nature trail The entrance to the trail is about 1/2 mile from my house. Total walking measures 5.2 miles. Couldn't resist taking a photo of the strange berries, along the way.

Last edited by rdlr; 04-27-2011 at 07:42 AM..

Old 10-19-2008, 05:15 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,335,694 times
Nice pictures again, Rdlr. I love nature trails.
You all do get up way too early. I'm on mountain time and I guess most of you are eastern time so I'm a couple of hours behind anyway but you still get up early.
We went to an apple festival today. Bunch of boring venders but we did get a bag of green apples and some cider.
It's been in the 60's today. It gets below freezing at night now and warms up during the day.
Still have a couple of hummingbirds hanging around though.
Welcome to the forum, Stan.
Evey, aren't you closing tomorrow?

Old 10-19-2008, 05:50 PM

Thanks, Song! I hadn't planned on walking more than a mile, but it was a beautiful day, so I went to the end, around the open space/recreation area, back on the trail to return to the beginning, and onward to home.

Yes, I'm on eastern time, and usually a very early riser. I know what you mean about the vendors. They certainly do get boring.....same old, same old. I've never been much into that stuff at festivals, unless it's demonstrations, such as broom making, caning, weaving, or anything involving the past and the way people lived.

I'll be turning in early, since tomorrow is a big work day for me, with lots of driving.

Old 10-20-2008, 02:52 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,107,768 times
good morning everyone
1st let me say "opps" sorry for assuming stan was a man
would you like us to call you stan or something else?
manyof us here use both our screen name and real name
though lol in my case there the same

back when I lived in NJ I worked out at a bodybuilding gym mondays were chest & shoulders,tuesdays back & bi's wednesdays legs then rinse & repeat abs every day though
lol no wonder when I look back at pictures I was in such great shape

sounds like you all had a nice day

rofl evey we haven't seen your "OMG! Have you people never heard of sleeping in" posts since you left FL !!!
and here I am up early again !!!

Pattie - I think you need to move into that recliner sofa till the dreaded sling comes off
finding a comfortable sleeping spot is the hardest thing after surgery
I would love the cc recipe please

rdlr
great pictures I need a place like that to walk

song I don't think I have ever been to a food festival I bet I would love a apple one do they have lots of samples of cider & stuff

It was such a nice day warmed up to maybe 70 71 there was no way I could sit inside so I went out with my clippers and did some weeding & pruning
I want the gardens to look nice for our company

as for the football question
lol I am a unusual fan
I only started watching a few years ago when the Superbowl was here in Jacksonville so I am still learning how things work
lol I am on a 3 question per game limit
I am a Jaguars fan
they are pretty much the only team I watch I might turn on the Eagles being I am a former phila girl

though "stan" your "Oh, and I enjoy any game in which the New England Patriots lose." statement is pretty much what my hubby feels. he won't watch them but cheers any team playing them.

ok let me go start todays thread see you all there !!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals