Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2008, 06:42 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,106,019 times

Advertisements

slept way to late that is

sweden,her mom and I went shopping after dinner
the guys stayed here playing wii
we got home and of course had to watch the end of the world series
so it was another late night

today sadly everyone is leaving

We head out to the airport around 10:30

rance & sweden leave at 1:30 but the Swedish contingent dont leave till 5 so I am going to drop r&S off then take the others to the mall right next to the airport because I couldn't imagine them having to sit for 6 hours

so walking will be on my list of exercise today

it is another chilly one 48 right now but it is going up to 70 so it's going to be a really pretty day perfect for walking around the outside mall

whats going on in your neck of the woods
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2008, 06:59 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,224,652 times
Morning peeps!

It is a frosty 23 here this morning on the way to the mid 60's. None of this cold is bothering Shadow one bit.

We just walked the upper end of the farm chasing mousies in the hay field. We stopped here in the barn to feed our project kitty and to check in on CD.

Now, off to paint......

Old 10-30-2008, 07:12 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,255,021 times
Have fun, Evey.

Karla, hug Rance and Hanna for us. I'm glad they shared their big day with us.

Off shopping w/ my friend Marty in a few minutes. Gotta start picking up a few Christmas things for DH. It isn't easy getting away from him! Had to make up an excuse.

Happy Halloween Eve, all.

Old 10-30-2008, 08:57 AM

9,717 posts, read 14,252,784 times
Good Morning, Friends!
What a beautiful day, huh? It's about 46 degrees here, clear and sunny. I got out very early to my appointments, so, that's done! I also walked 3 blocks to our town pond, and back! Here's a photo I took this morning. So, now I must stay at this hum-drum desk and work the rest of the day! I keep reminding myself why I always hated every desk job I had in my young years My husband says I should have been a truck driver! Actually, when I took all those college entry exams and tests, way back when, they showed my chosen career should be a Forest Ranger!

Speaking of my DH.....Tomorrow night is kickoff for our anniversary. This is the 49th year my husband has planned something for each weekend of our anniversary month. Tomorrow night, he tells me, we're going to see the Glenn Miller Orchestra and will do some dancing! Great Exercise! He's so thoughtful, but I will refrain from bragging again. I'm already wondering what he has planned for next weekend

Think positive thoughts.....Pass it on!

Last edited by rdlr; 04-27-2011 at 07:42 AM..

Old 10-30-2008, 09:14 AM

25,464 posts, read 13,569,084 times
Hello....Haven't done much yet today. Will have to get back outside since the weather has taken a turn from 29 degrees the other day to upper 60's!!! No excuses for not going for a walk or working around the yard (woods). Had found an old Singer Sewing machine in my husband's construction shed last week. Still has all of the little gadgets, etc.!! Forgot that we had put it in there many years ago to keep it safe. I have it outside now ready to give it a good 'clean-up'. It must be from the early 1930's. It has beautiful decals of various colours.

Happy Thoughts to y'all.

Old 10-30-2008, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwoods Voyager View Post
Hello....Haven't done much yet today. Will have to get back outside since the weather has taken a turn from 29 degrees the other day to upper 60's!!! No excuses for not going for a walk or working around the yard (woods). Had found an old Singer Sewing machine in my husband's construction shed last week. Still has all of the little gadgets, etc.!! Forgot that we had put it in there many years ago to keep it safe. I have it outside now ready to give it a good 'clean-up'. It must be from the early 1930's. It has beautiful decals of various colours.Happy Thoughts to y'all.
On, NWV!!!! I love all those Singer machines! We have two of those, about the same age, complete with bobbins and thread! Yep, beautiful day everywhere, I guess!

Old 10-30-2008, 12:31 PM

19,922 posts, read 11,040,093 times
Well, I got out to stretch my legs a little today. No signs of shortness of breath, no pains and no real discomfort so tomorrow could be another actual real-life walk. The first three pounds are gone, with 97 to go. I decided I would put the weight loss into the little status box I would be motivated to show the countdown. Of course, if the number goes up, I might reconsider.

I think the surgery issues are finally behind me now. Hmmm ... maybe I should rephrase that. I think the surgery issues are gone. Now I just need will power to ignore the weather, the distractions, and whatever is in the fridge.

Old 10-30-2008, 03:13 PM

1,483 posts, read 1,808,014 times
Ok I tell you walking the 3 mile trail was killer my friend can walk really fast I told her to just go on ahead.......It was harder than doing the 4 mile workout by leslie on DVD. I did it but I also got really sick. But I wont let that deter me.....
The 3 miles goes all around the gold course and there is no way of cutting thru either I know I looked

Karla, you'll be ok now that the whirlwind has calmed down, I hate that empty feeling after your days were so filled with wonder.

Its in the 70's today.......not to many of those days left.

Old 10-30-2008, 06:31 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,334,139 times
Hi everyone.
My s/o decided to google my leg/butt ailment and found out instead of applying a heating pad, I should be using ice on it and instead of sitting on the couch, I should be doing short walks so I've done that all day today along with certain stretches. I'm hoping that within a couple of days, the pain will be gone. If not, I may need to see a doctor but let's hope not.
Michelle, there has been a couple of times when I've gotten sick at the gym when I lived in Texas.
The instructor told me to make sure I was eating enough protein before a workout and throughout the day. Also drink lots of water. 100 grams of protein a day for a woman and 150 for a man.

Old 10-30-2008, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by songinthewind7 View Post
Hi everyone.
My s/o decided to google my leg/butt ailment and found out instead of applying a heating pad, I should be using ice on it and instead of sitting on the couch, I should be doing short walks so I've done that all day today along with certain stretches. I'm hoping that within a couple of days, the pain will be gone. If not, I may need to see a doctor but let's hope not.
OMG! Hope these new methods work, song! Nothing worse than pain.....unless it's "a pain in the neck".... LOL

Question for you: I've heard both answers. Should I be eating before my Curves workout? I've heard Yes, and I've heard No....to eat AFTER the workout.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals