Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 09:38 PM

17,833 posts, read 33,116,442 times

Advertisements

Hey all
a very early good morning to all

I can't wait to go to school today I haven't seen the kids in a few weeks
I am taking some of the Swedish money I got from our company to show the kids
they really enjoy seeing things from around our country as well as things from other countries

After school I am going to get the lawn mowed I figure only a few more weeks of that little project

So what fun things do you have planned ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2008, 03:48 AM

9,723 posts, read 14,262,736 times
Early Bird Karla! Good Morning, and thank you for starting this so early! The kids will love that different looking money!

I just did my abs, and a few floor exercises, just in case there's no time for Curves. No bike riding for sure, in this messy rain. Leaves are everywhere, and the streets are slippery, too slippery for my bike.

In a few, I'm heading out to work and lots of driving. First is my favorite gas-fill-up place, $1.979/gallon and then a large cappuccino.

I hope everybody accomplishes what is planned, and the day goes well for you!

Old 11-06-2008, 07:16 AM

4,279 posts, read 10,362,090 times
Not sure what I'm going to get up to today apart from walking.

I think I found a gym that I like. It's small and looks really clean, plus the owner wasn't pushy when I was asking questions. They give you a week free to see if it's right for you. I think it might be the one! Looks like I'll have to go and buy some new gym clothes this weekend ... since I can't fit into my old stuff ... YET!

Karla, I have money from all our travels which I keep it in a box. My son loves getting it out and looking at it.

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Old 11-06-2008, 07:17 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,261,770 times
Wow, rdlr. We paid $2.21 yesterday and thought that was good!

Doing a few chores today - washing cat litter boxes, changed the sheets on the bed, helped hubby w/ some cleaning stuff. Arm still a bit sore, but I know I'm healing. Other than that, I plan on just hanging out today. At least my planet's a little closer to earth today and I don't feel like a brainless wonder.

Have a good day, all.

Old 11-06-2008, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tet tea View Post
Not sure what I'm going to get up to today apart from walking.

I think I found a gym that I like. It's small and looks really clean, plus the owner wasn't pushy when I was asking questions. They give you a week free to see if it's right for you. I think it might be the one! Looks like I'll have to go and buy some new gym clothes this weekend ... since I can't fit into my old stuff ... YET!

Karla, I have money from all our travels which I keep it in a box. My son loves getting it out and looking at it.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Yay, Tet! On your first visit, do they show you how to use the machines? That was a biggie for me.

Old 11-06-2008, 07:29 AM

4,279 posts, read 10,362,090 times
They show you all that good stuff Pattie. Believe it or not, I used to work in a gym and was a "gym rat" for many years. Six days a week faithfully! I found a photo of me from about seven years ago and it was one wake up call. I can't believe I let myself get out of that routine and I actually think it made my knee and back worse. But, I can see the light ahead and hopefully I won't be casting as much of a shadow in a few months!

Old 11-06-2008, 08:06 AM

GOod for you! One gym I went to wouldn't show you the machines unless you paid the trainer $38 for an hour's worth of training in addition to the monthly fee! They said to ask the other customers who were hanging around. Uh, I don't think so. First off, it's not their responsibility to teach the newbie, secondly, what if they taught me incorrectly and I hurt myself? I didn't stay with that gym.

Old 11-06-2008, 10:24 AM

Hi, Ladies!
Well, as I thought, no Curves today. It's just not in today's card game!

Great News, Tet!!! That's good you have the background, know what to look for in a gym, and will know how to exercise. Keep us informed how that goes. I bought some stretchy, below the knee, danceskins at WalMart for $7 last Spring, and they've been really good! With a loose shirt on top, they work just fine. I need sneakers, now.

Glad you're healing, NMS.....This has been a long haul, hasn't it? You've got to be kidding about that trainer and the extra $38! That training is ALWAYS part of the plan! At least, that's what I've heard.

For dinner, I'm fixing cheese steaks with fried onions and peppers, on warm brat rolls, and truthfully, I CAN'T WAIT! I think that will be the highlight of my day! This was not a good day for me to miss a good exercise session!
Later!

Old 11-06-2008, 10:26 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,358,815 times
Hi, y'all!

Going to school, Karla?! Don't chew gum!

rdlr...I want some cappucino!

Tet, you go! Awesome. I am hoping to get to the gym today after the maid leaves. I will need the stress release!

It was raining really hard last night, but now it's beautiful outside. Went topless again to the grocery store early this morning to buy cleaning supplies. You know when to go to the grocery store? 8 am. No one is there. I mean no one. Wow.

Old 11-06-2008, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Went topless again to the grocery store early this morning to buy cleaning supplies. You know when to go to the grocery store? 8 am. No one is there. I mean no one. Wow.
Good no one was there, Stan4, especially since you went topless!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals