Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2008, 04:32 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,107,768 times

Advertisements

lol I guess I somehow lost track of time and Friday just popped up !!!

This morning hubby has an apt to review the follow up bloodwork and xrays so I will be tagging along
then I guess I will be mowing the lawn
I had to return the new weed whacker I bought because I hated it !!!
If you didn't hold the pull string at a precise angle you could pull till you shoulder felt like it would pop out and it still wouldn't start
So I will probably make a run to Home Depot first to get a new one.

Hey what do you all think of tomorrow being one of our "special surprise days" ?

It has been awhile since we have had one !!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2008, 04:53 AM

4,279 posts, read 10,359,944 times
Good morning everyone and welcome to all our new folk!

Will be getting a lot walking done today since I'll be bopping around town.

I've decided to go and sign up with the local gym. Not going to bother with the free week. I need to get my rear motivated NOW! Whitisssh!
I'm actually excited about going buying some new gym clothes knowing that by Christmas they'll be a little baggier!

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Oh by the way ... if you drove around here with your top down here your ta tas would freeze off!

Old 11-07-2008, 06:51 AM

9,718 posts, read 14,254,577 times
Good Morning, All!

Rode my bike to my morning workout, after indulging in a yummy cheesesteak last night. But, now I must pay! Breakfast was a Dannon, no sugar-no carb yogurt with some flax seed sprinkled on top.

Today is another work day, in office this morning, and on the road this afternoon. The good part is, this is Weekend #2 of our anniversary celebration. Still haven't been told what the plan is for tonight. Hubby said, when he left for work, for me to be 'dressed up' by 6 p.m. No problem!

Good job, Tet!
Karla.....take that weed wacker and tell them.........well, nevermind.......

Hope you all have a wonderful day!

Old 11-07-2008, 08:44 AM

12,981 posts, read 14,527,800 times
Hello, everybody, haven't been doing a whole lot of working out per se, except for raking. There are more trees in this neighborhood than you can shake a stick at, and when those leaves start coming down I want to curl up and cry!

Lockily it's been really nice out, but now things are going back to normal. So, I better too!

Happy Friday all.

Old 11-07-2008, 08:54 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,256,282 times
G'mornin', all.

Karla, I hope DH passed his tests. Glad you turned in that weedwacker. You don't need to have your shoulder worked on, too.

No frozen ta tas today.

Did my PT. I go see my dr. Monday to see how much longer they have to torture me. I hope he's kind. There was a woman there last week, b**ching about how she had her PT extended for another 8 weeks, then said "I guess it's my own fault since I don't do my exercises at home." well, today she was there while I was, complaining the whole dam time about how she had her operation 4 months ago and she's not as far along as this other woman who had hers 4 weeks ago. When she left, I told the other woman about her not doing her "homework" and we both rolled our eyes.

Anywho....DH is out, cleaning up his tools. He ran an ad in the local Shopper to sell them and got a call on them this morning. Wish us luck.

Have a great weekend, all.

Old 11-07-2008, 09:08 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,107,768 times
hey all
well back from the DR
good news the bad cholesterol went down and the good one went up

his triglycerides are still high so he wants him to take fish oil

fuzzy raking is good exercise !!!! great upper body work out

rofl on the frozen tatas my sister who has a convertible will use the A/C during the summer and the heat during the winter(well the fla winter) so she can keep the top down

rdlr have you tried that flax seed cereal yet ? just bought a box if you add some equal and banana its not bad

still debating on the lawn mowing thing lol I need to get it done
I know I will run out later to get the W/W and then first thing tomorrow morning while hubby is getting his hair cut I will mow

Since I got that Jury Duty thing on Monday who knows if I am picked how long till I can mow

Old 11-07-2008, 10:24 AM

9,718 posts, read 14,254,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
rdlr have you tried that flax seed cereal yet ? just bought a box if you add some equal and banana its not bad
Jumping in a second to say.....FLAX SEED is my life! I live and breathe Uncle Sam Cereal, by U.S. Mills, loaded with flax seed, and have eaten it most every day for 2-3 years. I add 1/2 banana, Splenda, and no fat milk. I love it! I think that's why my trygl and choles went down so low. I don't know if I can post that cereal link here or not, but it's pure MAGIC! Plus, I buy flax seed bulk and sprinkle it on yogurt, as I said. .......Gotta run again!

Old 11-07-2008, 10:45 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,332,595 times
63 here now. Was colder this morning. Will warm up to 70s. I love north Texas in the fall. It's awesome.

Heated seats also help topless driving in the winter. But once it gets to real winter here and we're living in the 20s and 30s, forget it.

rdlr...I wanna eat at your house.

nomoresnow...complaining, whiney patients? Don't know what that's like! *grin*

I am so sore from yesterday's big chest and shoulders and leg work-out. That NO Shotgun (nitric oxide) is the real deal. Will do back/biceps today if I can get out of work in time.

Hey...so check it out. Never had cream of wheat before. Eating it here at work (from the cafeteria). Good stuff.

Gonna mosey on down to cafeteria to scope what the lunch scene is.

Ta ta! (no, not those kind)

Old 11-07-2008, 12:01 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,527,800 times
Actually Karla, it's a good leg workout too, since I have to lug them out to the curb from the back yard-I filled up our 4 garbage cans a few times, and our gigantic queen size leaf bag-well, it was the cover thing our new mattress came in a couple years ago-now it's great for filling with leaves-it's like a giant pillowcase. Looked out there this morning...grrrrr It's like this

Anyway, I did my arm workout today, and some abs and my abc x 2.

Pattie-you are smart to keep up and do those exercises at home-my dh didn't do that, since he is way too tough to need that weenie stuff. I don't think his arm will ever be healed correctly. He says he 'gets enough exercise at work' including his arm, but it's obvious even in his handwriting that he's far from getting back to normal.

Old 11-07-2008, 12:21 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,256,282 times
stan and fuzzy, people who complain about something but don't help themselves out of the problem just drive me up the wall! (It doesn't sound like your DH is complaining about it, tho, fuzzy.) I want to tell them to just suck it up and do it! Isn't that why we pay these people all this $$$? Why go if you're not going to listen?

It's like NN. All she does is whine about how she never leaves the house, all she does is sit and watch tv, she never has any energy to do anything. Well, get off your lazy butt and do something! AAARRRGGGHHH!!!

Sorry...I'll put away my soapbox now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals