Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2008, 05:01 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,106,019 times

Advertisements

We are celebrating todays thread for our own NMS Patti and Racelady Evey !!
One is free of her sling and one can flush so she is a step closer to moving into her home !!

Remember folks it is the small things in life that can really make a difference !!!

Now we await good news from Song after her chiropractor visit !!

I have to chuckle about your hubby and the cold evey
mine also a Michigan guy (the UP part) is telling me this morning he is freezing,it is 48 degrees this morning and he keeps saying the familyroom is freezing

well opps maybe thats because I left one of the windows in the family room open last night lol it is probably mid 50's in this room
refreshing I say !!!

ok so today I have a big to do list I actually wrote down everything so I wouldn't forget

it is going to be really nice today so after hubby is finished working this afternoon and my to do list is done I am going to drag hm out with lola & ralph to take a walk !!!

What are you doing today ?

lol ok I am off to turn up the heat because as much as I hate to admit it
It is freezing in here lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2008, 05:38 AM

9,717 posts, read 14,252,784 times
I've just returned from a beautiful, brisk walk, taking the long way around and stopping to visit the graves of Veterans in our local cemetery. The early morning sun wasn't even bright enough to light the faded names engraved on the crooked tombstones. I felt both sad and proud, as I meandered through the stones, trying to read names and dates. Local events today include flag retirements, and ceremonies at VFW Halls, American Legion Halls, and cemeteries, where small American flags will be placed on each Veteran's grave. Our events begin at 10 a.m. Remember our Veterans!

Old 11-11-2008, 07:06 AM

4,279 posts, read 10,359,559 times
Morning!

Yay ... Evey can finally flush and Pattie is free from the sling!

Heading to the gym in a few. I hit the right parts yesterday as those muscles are a little sore this morning (as they should be) ... but it feels good

You know there must be something about guys from the North who move away then can't hack the cold when they move back. Last year I could've sworn that my hubster was part snake. He even lived in Korea, Afghanistan and a few other places where it can get pretty darn cold at times!

Well, I hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Old 11-11-2008, 07:08 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,328,014 times
It went from cold and clear to hot and rainy! The high will be up near 80 today and it's disgustingly wet outside. To top it off, my house is incontinent. Sprung yet another leak...near a window this time. *sigh* Bring back clear, sunny, and 40!

I don't know if I will get to work out tonight. I am at work now, but I'll leave early to take the dog to the ophthalmologist. Her appt is at 4:30...may be too late to work out afterwards b/c I don't like to be all jazzy from my workout too late at night. Keeps me up.

Still thinking about that pizza you mentioned, though, Karla.

Happy veteran's day to y'all.

Old 11-11-2008, 07:40 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,224,652 times
Morning peeps!

LOL Karla! My husband is forever telling me "you could hang meat in here" and that is when I have the A/C running in the summer. It was 19 here this morning and he is not dealing with it very well. I have a feeling he won't be staying up here very long........

Despite the cold we all took a big mousie hunting walk this morning and we are about to head over to the house to hopefully make hot water come out of the shower and to trim a couple of trees away from the house. Once those projects are done Mr. Cold Blooded can head back to FL if he needs to......

Old 11-11-2008, 07:43 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,255,021 times
Yes, thank a vet.

Not much going on. Just got back from the flea market where DH bought MORE books. Ggggrrrrrr. And then to Publix where we just needed a coupleof things....$62 later. Gotta stop this.

I also got the ok to take ibuprofen. Maybe now my pain won't be so bad. Tylenol never helped.

Not sure what's going on the rest of the day. There's stuff I should do, but I've gotten myself into a lazy mode. Maybe next week I'll start pushing. Have a good day all.

Old 11-11-2008, 11:01 AM

9,717 posts, read 14,252,784 times
What a busy day and I'm not done yet. First the long walk, then work, then the Veterans Day Service, then work, then workout at C's, now back to work again. Whew! But first.....

Stan, or anybody....I have a question.
I've been shopping around for a meal replacement/high protein drink, and I've come across one I'm interested in. Not going to mention the brand name, but it's a..........
Soy Protein Shake w/minerals & herbs/Vit. C, Kelp, Chromium (what about chromium?)
Mix w/8 oz cold skim milk
23 grams of protein
20 grams carb
200 calories
Is this good? ( I don't mean taste good...you know what I mean )
I'm thinking of just having a shake after my workout, and it will be lunch.
I usually don't walk and go to C the same day, but I had some time in my schedule. What a great workout I had....broke a major sweat. Only thing, all the red lights came on the machines meaning my heart rate was up too high. That's what i like about being programed in. It's like the machine is talking to me....Work Harder...Slow Down...etc. Today I burned 297 calories, and met, or surpassed all my goals, according to the bars on my graph. The only machine I don't do is the Squat machine. At C's you put those heavy pads on the shoulders and squat. I can't do that because it hurts my neck. But, I break all records on the Lateral Lift. So now, I'm still cooling down, then will shower, and get back to work. Thanks for any input anybody has to offer! I'm on top of the world today! How are all of you doing?

Old 11-11-2008, 11:24 AM

12,981 posts, read 14,526,885 times
Hi everybody! I also had pizza on Sunday-and (oh I feel so dirty!) cherry pie with Edy's caramel swirl ice cream! We went grocery shopping and we do so good til we get to that 4th turn, then BOOM the deli section-cherry pie on the sale rack-hmmm-yeah we better get it! The last time we bought a 'pie' I said oh look Pecan danish pie~~then we got to the checkout line and I said this isn't PIE it's pecan danish. dH says can we put ice cream on it? Well, hell yeah!

So, he's got some online classes and I'm trying to help out on that-he has NO computer skills to speak of-and I'm not much better and that's what has been occupying my time lately.

Today, however, I did about 20 minutes of working out.

Congrats Pattie, and Evey-glad you can flush, that is not a little thing, that's a BIG thing!

Well, I'm off to try some of this homework stuff, and cook my ribs for tonight.

Happy Tuesday!

Old 11-11-2008, 12:13 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,334,139 times
Hi everybody and Happy Veterans Day.

Happy to hear Pattie is out of her sling and Evey can flush. A big fat YAY!!
Rdlr, I'm not sure if you were asking what chromium was or what it does but it's a mineral that I was told helps with the cravings of sweets.
I would be concerned about the sugar content (if any) when looking for a meal supplement. That's one of the things I check out.

No exercise for me for a week. The only thing I can do is very short walks on level surfaces and around here, it's hilly and gravelly so that doesn't help much. I was stretching and he told me no to that. Ice packs and sitting around and sitting a certain way. No tucking my legs or crossing my legs.
The chiropracter took xrays and told me my hip and leg were off. He adjusted me and I have to go back tomorrow. I've never been to a chiropracter before and today, I feel tender and am doing very little moving around. Hopefully, he'll get me straightened out soon.

Old 11-11-2008, 12:14 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,255,021 times
Ribs??? Did somebody say ribs???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals