Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2008, 03:08 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,107,768 times

Advertisements

Morning "kids" !!!

Sorry I didn't get back on yesterday but there was the game yay we won !!
then I spent spent some time at Chaos's

But I figured since today will be interesting with me going to see if I am picked for Jury Duty and Pattie finding out if she will be "slingless" along with the other interesting things our exercise family manages to "get into"
That tomorrow will be our special

Calories don't count Day

For you new folks this means
Yes you can have that "yummy treat" you have been denying yourself for the longest time

or maybe yummmm PIZZA !!!

ok so for today well my dear dear hubby has offered to drive me downtown and go into the office for a couple of hours while I am sitting waiting to see if selected.
He even said should I not be done by lunch(or as I call it realizing that having me on a Jury could make them crazy) he will go home to let the dogs out and then work from home till I am done and then come get me.

The parking around the courthouse is a nightmare and I really don't want to park at the stadium and take the shuttle so this will be great!!

Now I have to figure out the age old question "what the heck am I going to wear"
I want to look somewhat professional, but not so much that will say to them "pick me pick me"

lol if I don't get moving I may end up with the "shes too scary send her home look" !!! hmmm maybe thats not such a bad idea

ok so what interesting things will you get into today ?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2008, 04:51 AM

9,717 posts, read 14,254,577 times
Good Morning Karla, and Everybody!
Nothing interesting here going on, and unfortunately, I can't participate in the Calories Don't Count Day, since I had my yummy pizza last night, plus pumpkin pie! If only I'd known it was a FREE DAY TODAY!

I've been summoned for jury duty a few times, Karla. I usually tell the judge on Day 1 (at the quick interview) that I'm very opinionated. Then I elaborate (before I'm cut off) about how sick I am of all this crime, yada, yada. "Thank you. Have a seat, lady". Out of all the times I've been called, I only served once, for a minor case. I know it's necessary that we each do our civic duty, but they might as well know how I think, right up front! Just trying to be fair and forthright

EXERCISE FOR TODAY: I've already had my morning "walk" and have been chased by a dog. Thank You, Mr. Dog, for the benefits! So, with my feet in motion, I thought....Why not keep running? So, here I am, after running, jogging and fast walking 4 blocks. Now, I'm looking around for some protein. Thank You, Stan for the hints on protein drinks. I will definitely find time today to visit the nutrition store and browse around.

But for now, I'm showering and am off to work!
Have a fruitful day, and eat some, too!

Old 11-10-2008, 07:05 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,328,014 times
53 but feeling cooler b/c of rain and humidity. Must be cooler...I don't like wearing clothes, and here I am in sweatpants.

Drinking some green tea. Got up ridiculously early this morning considering I didn't have to go to work today (whew!). But that gives me more of the day to work with. Back to the grind tomorrow, anyway.

Happy. Titans and Giants both won this weekend. Mah boys. Texas is #3 in the BCS rankings for college football, but our state is still represented by Texas Tech...who are infinitely better than Alabama...so if that's how it winds up being, the Big 12 will win the National Championship. These things matter in my life. Lol!

Will go work out earlier today. Back/bicep/leg today...it'll be good to work out during the day so that magic potion will have time to wear off before I go to bed.

Hanging out with my sweet dog this morning. Am I a grown-up now b/c I can drink tea/coffee without cream and sugar and still enjoy it?

Old 11-10-2008, 07:06 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,328,014 times
p.s. I love pizza so much! But I kinda always eat whatever I want. Oh! Better half made dinner AGAIN last night - bbq chicken, veggies, and rice! I am dumb-struck and awe-founded! And maybe a little suspicious now!

Old 11-10-2008, 10:02 AM

4,279 posts, read 10,359,944 times
Hi everyone!

Had the pizza yesterday!

First day in the gym this morning. Did shoulders and back, 30 mins cardio and abs. Tomorrow will be chest and arms with cardio and abs. It feels so good getting back in there. I didn't go overboard. Just took my time and familiarized myself again with the machines and free weights.

Well, I'm going to be catching up on housework, laundry and all that good stuff since I didn't get much of anything done over the weekend!

Will be walking this afternoon. It got down to 17 yesterday thanks to the wind! Not as bad today .... I hope!

Have a great day everyone.

Old 11-10-2008, 11:54 AM

7,395 posts, read 19,335,694 times
Hi everyone,
I've been called twice to serve on the jury but pretty much let them know where I stand as far as crime and I'm let go.
At the rate I've been going lately as far as doing hardly anything exercise wise, I have to watch the calories. Thanks for the free calorie day but I better skip it this time.
After about a month of this pain, I'm off to see the chiropracter. I've never been to one before but hopefully he can get me over this pain.
Pattie, off your sling yet?
Everyone have a good day.

Old 11-10-2008, 01:51 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,256,282 times
Well, I'm celebrating today. Went to PT, added a couple more exercises to the program. (whoop-dee-doo, as Archie Bunker would say) Then went upstairs to see my "favorite" doctor who told me I'm a bit ahead of where he wanted me to be (yay!), Mr. sling is no longer my Siamese Twin (Can I hear a Hallelujah!), I'm still on PT 3 x/week (boo) and need at least one month more, maybe two (boo, hiss). I told him it would only be one more. I'm determined, I am.

One more reason for celebration: DH sold his woodworking tools to the one and only caller from our Shopper ad.

So, I'm one step closer.

Tet, I'm so envious. I miss my gym so much. Everybody else sounds like they're doing well. Someday.

Thanks for the calorie free day, Karla. I think I beat you to it, tho. We ate lunch at the mall - Philly cheesesteaks and fresh cut fries w/malt vinegar. Oh, and of course, diet soda. They didn't taste anywehre near as good as I remembered from last time. I hate when you waste calories like that! I may even have a beer. w00t, w00t!

Karla - did they choose you?

Old 11-10-2008, 04:38 PM

8,189 posts, read 31,226,172 times
Hey peeps!

Well my husband got into town last night so naturally we were up at some absurd hour this morning and ready to get to work on the house. After Shadow went mouse hunting.

It was 24 degrees here this morning and Mr. "I grew up in Michigan and never even owned a coat" has been whining at me all day. In spite of all that we managed to get some of the major stuff fixed and hopefully after tomorrow I will be able to move in. Plumbing projects suck, in case you wanted to know.

Yay Pattie! I never managed to last a week in a sling. Bonus points for you for waiting for the doctor to o.k. removing it.

O.K., off to find a nice hot cup of tea........

Old 11-10-2008, 07:21 PM

4,279 posts, read 10,359,944 times
Good to hear the sling is off Pattie ... how are you going to celebrate?

Old 11-11-2008, 04:46 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,107,768 times
hey all
sorry I am so late checking back in

Pattie that is the "bestest" news !!! I bet your one of the first patients that is ahead of schedule !!!

Well I was not chosen for Jury Duty

Heck my group got in to the courtroom with the Judge and a case but when they sat my part of the group on the left side he told us we probably won't be needing you but I am going to keep you here so that another Judge won't take you.

We did get to watch the process of the questioning of the group by the prosecuting & defending attorney on the right side
It was very very interesting !!!
Especially when someone answered in a way that the attorney didn't like you could see them draw a line through their name.

After they were done questioning, the attorneys then met to see who they wanted and didn't want so they had everyone leave the courtroom
That's when the Jude told my group
"By keeping you here all the other Judges have all the Jurors they need so you all may leave, give your badge to the bailiff" !!!!!

It was so nice out that I decided to walk back to hubby office a little more than a mile so see lol I did get in some exercise !!!

I had forgotten how much I love walking downtown

So all in all it was kinda fun and actually I wouldn't mind going back and actually getting on a jury !!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals