Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2008, 04:01 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,144,296 times

Advertisements

Wow we have some nasty weather (lots of yellow & red on the radar map) headed our way
90% chance of rain and possible thunderstorms
I am going to run to the grocery store early to try to miss this

It will be inside things today hmm lol maybe I will get my xmas cards done
and I guess I can elliptical

I have a fundraising meeting downtown tonight so I am hoping it blows through by then driving in the rain is not on my top ten list of fun things to do.

So what are you going to do today ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2008, 07:58 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,256,660 times
Morning peeps!

It is a beautiful day here. Currently 23 degrees and sunny with no wind. Shadow dragged me around and around the neighborhood this morning. She has now gone back to bed.

I managed to get my dining room chairs assembled yesterday. What a project! It was nice to sit at the table & eat last night. 2/3 of the clutter has been handled. What is left will take longer. I don't know where I got all of this stuff but I am sure glad I had 6 straight weekends of yard sale before I moved.......

Later I will take Shadow out to the farm to hunt mousies while I pick up the things that I forgot to grab.

Old 12-11-2008, 08:51 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,280,050 times
Sounds like you're settling in, Evey.

Karla, the rain's here now. I'm sending it your way. We did need some, that's for sure. A few rumbles, but not much so far, but it's awfully dark and dreary out there. Maybe I'll turn on the tree lights just to cheer things up.

DH and I split the chores and got those done, except the laundry's still going. No biggy.

Today's my sister's 48th b'day. How'd we ever get this old? And why (other than my shoulder) do I still feel like 30?

Karla, so far, I just can't bring myself to do the Christmas cards yet. Not a chore I like.

Old 12-11-2008, 10:52 AM

12,981 posts, read 14,546,240 times
Hi ho, all. Did about twenty minutes, mostly cardio-ish, and some of my arm exercises, but an abbreviated version.

So, my son is coming up next weekend until the 31, then going back and I guess putting his stuff in storage and leaving. He's going to Taji, Iraq, which is in the Sunni triangle. He said he'll be the XO and probably mostly stay at the FOB [whatever that means] and that it's no big deal. Yeah right. Man this sucks.

Evey, maybe Shadow is just confused from all the moving and maybe she senses that you're nervous-or not nervous, but harried(?). One thing is for sure, you won't have to worry about mousies in your new house!!!

Have a good day, stay out of trouble!

Old 12-11-2008, 12:03 PM

4,279 posts, read 10,368,481 times
Hey fuzzy! Glad you'll see your son over the holidays! A brief translation for you ... He'll be the Executive Officer at the Forward Operating Base. He'll be in a secure area which basically is a support operation for everything going on. Hope that makes sense!

Did an hour of cardio, abs and legs today. Since the sun is shining and it's more than beautiful outside, I'll be heading out for a walk with our youngest pooch in the next hou or so.

I really need to jump on the housework and dust around all the Christmas decorations

Good to hear you're settling in Evey.

Old 12-11-2008, 01:32 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,357,297 times
Hi everyone.
I did my walk today and added some at home exercises like squats and exercises to help build up my injury. My range of motion is still not good in my leg but hopefully in the next few weeks it will change. I do get to pump up my exercise routine now and add in more, mostly resistance type so that helps compared to doing almost nothing now for the past couple of months.
I asked yesterday if I could start bellydancing and doing more aerobics and the answer was not at this time. He wants me to heal before doing any of that.
Happy to hear your son is coming home Fuzzy.

Old 12-11-2008, 02:19 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,546,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tet tea View Post
Hey fuzzy! Glad you'll see your son over the holidays! A brief translation for you ... He'll be the Executive Officer at the Forward Operating Base. He'll be in a secure area which basically is a support operation for everything going on. Hope that makes sense!.
Thanks Tet, I did know XO meant executive officer, but the rest a big thank you!

Old 12-12-2008, 04:11 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,144,296 times
Hey all
Well we didn't get as much rain as they called for we must of been in a pocket. Had a bout 20 mins of real blowing and rain but then just drizzle
It is weird how it is almost 30 degrees colder this morning than yesterday

Evey the stuff you sold down here contacted its relatives up there and they all found their way to your new location. I am glad your settling in

Pattie happy b-day to your sister !!! I was thinking the same thing about the tree yesterday when it was dreary , but now that it is on the timer I didn't want to mess with it

Fuzzy I am glad your going to have a nice long visit with your son

from what tet said ( and go tet !! btw) it sounds like he will be in a safe situation which should ease a tiny bit of the worry. Make sure to tell him about all his new adopted "Aunties" Between us he will have a pretty big group of folks thinking of him .

tet lol I know what you mean about dusting around the ho ho ho stuff
I was thinking about trying the canned air

Song It is great to see you being able to add more of the exercise you like back into your routine I have heard that belly dancing is great exercise , but I can see where the range of motion might add extra strain to your injured area

My meeting went ok the woman that is the head of the fundraising committee had to leave right when the meeting started because of an emergency and she asked me to take over the meeting
I passed it over to the administrative assistant because I wanted to make sure we stayed on track lol I am not very good at staying on track I have a tendency to wander "off topic"
rofl no surprise there huh !!!!

ok off to start todays thread before I get started on today's "to do list"

See everyone there
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals