Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-17-2008, 02:24 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,226,172 times

Advertisements

Morning peeps!

Shadow & I are off to FL this morning. I just checked the road conditions and they are not reporting any ice, so off we go.

NOt sure if I will be able to check in while I am gone or not. My in-laws are not the most "connected" people, KWIM? If I don't get to check in everyone have a safe & stress free holiday.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2008, 04:57 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,107,768 times
evey in case you do see this have a safe trip

Morning everyone slept in a bit because I drank to much diet pepsi with caffeine at the xmas party last night

It was ok chatted with a couple folks the highlight was the gift exchange the look on some of the folks faces when they opened the gifts they picked and they just knew no one would be "stealing" it lol they would even advertise by holding it up when the next persons turn came up just hoping they would not have to take it home. The folks that picked some of the really good one would try to hide them but oh no lol the ones that got the weird gifts would "remind" the new person picking that these were available for stealing

I was #33 so when it was my turn to pick some of the folks that weren't there last year started yelling take the football take the football it still has 1 steal left !!!!
Everyone that were there last year yelled back "she brought the football"
We ended up with a $25 gift card to Longhorn which is cool because they have really good cheese fries !!!

I am going to head out today to try to finish my shopping.
I am also going to pick up a few more decorations, hubby and I decided we are going to put some decorations in Chaos's house as a surprise since he won't be able to go home for xmas since he has to work.
lol the trick is how to get in the house I have my key but I won't go in unless he knows, so I asked him if he wanted me let chaos out Thursday while he was at work but he said he didn't have to go in late So my latest idea is asking him if I can hide hubbys xmas gift at his house !!!!! Pretty sneaky huh !!!
I am sure he will say yes that way we can go in put up the small tree & the wreath on the door because everyone "needs a little Christmas"

He will have a nice surprise when he gets home from work Thursday night

Going to be 80 again today so I may take advantage of being able to wear sandals and get my toes done they can dry while I am wandering around shopping

So how is everyone doing in their "quest for the fa la la la la "

Old 12-17-2008, 07:36 AM

4,279 posts, read 10,359,944 times
I hope Evey has a safe trip.

Karla, good luck on being sneaky. That's a really nice thought putting up a little Christmas cheer in his home. When I first read it I thought you were going to decorate the dog's house!

Got quite a few iches on snow lastnight. Made driving home from cub scouts fun. I managed to get off the back roads and onto the main ones which was a lot better since the plow had made a quick pass.

Going to go for a long walk this afternoon since the gym is out again! I hate not going.

Unfortunately I still have the Christmas shopping to finish (shame on me for crowing early). I couldn't find what I wanted for that last pressie, so I'm going to drive across town today to my least favorite place ... Wal*Mart. I talked my hubster into going with me. Hey! Why should he miss out on all the fun!

Have a great day everyone!

Old 12-17-2008, 07:41 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,256,282 times
I saw a saying on a napkin the other day..."One more fa la la la la and you're outta here!" Remember that, Karla!

Went to PT yesterday a.m., took the car to the car hospital. THe "low air in tire" light kept coming on. I think they looked at our account, saw that they messed with us last time we were there, checked the tires, turned off the light and said "Merry Christmas!" Whew! Took DH to the VA clinic. He had his hearing checked about a month ago. He has an issue w/his left ear. The guy who did the test told him he has some sort of obstruction, probably the bones in his hear had grown together and that he'd have to have an operation to correct it, since a hearing aid wouldn't help. So he made an appt. w/an ear, nose and throat guy for yesterday. That dr. told him he could get an operation and it would give him back 50% of his hearing in that ear or get a hearing aid which would restore 100%. Hmmm... let's see. That's a tough decision. DUH! Gimme the hearing aid, Doc! This dr. told him that other people had said the same thing about the first guy. So who knows?

Went to DQ for dinner/lunch. Love onion rings. They didn't love me yesterday, but I lived.

Watched Get SMart. That movie is so stupid, but we laughed thru the whole thing. I guess we both just needed that yesterday.

Did my "major" set of exercises here at the house this morning. Yay.

Oh, forgot to tell ya - we went to Lowe's and picked up a whole mess of nice perennials for the front yard. 6 pots of lovely, colorful plants. Now to figure out where to place them. Karla, I'll get you the names later. The really good part? We had some gift cards from some stuff we'd returned in the Spring - we used those and still have about $30 left. Woo hoo!

Gotta run. Catch y'all later.

Old 12-17-2008, 08:49 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,220,186 times
Morning all

Evey have a safe trip and Merry Christmas to you too!
Hubby and I walked through the mall last night and he did not find a single thing for his mom and dad, so I told him it was up to him to finish the shopping. We did agree that his mom's present was going to be a gift card for Home Depo, she wants to landscape her yard in the red chips so we thought that would help her with that project. Bob has all next week off so shopping will not be an issue to finish up. I have to find a good wine shop so I can bring wine for his brother, sister-in-law. Besides that I need to get Cassy her yearly stocking! OMG you should have seen the face of the guy who took care of me yesterday at FedEx! His eyes buldged out when he saw me carry in my bags of gifts to be shipped! lol I told him I would be back this evening for my other daughter's package. It was pricier than I expected but I don't care, it happens once a year and there were gifts for 4 people in that box.
Karla, sounds like I need shorts for Christmas! Good I have been freezing here, nothing but rain and drizzle for the 3 weeks!
Well all have a great day!

Old 12-17-2008, 09:04 AM

oh wait lol I forgot to tell you about the bumper sticker we saw last night on our way to the party

it said

"I am only speeding because I have to poop"

we laughed all the way to the party

under neath it was one that said " my dog has class"

Old 12-17-2008, 04:45 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,335,694 times
Safe trip to you Evey even though you're probably almost there now.
No exercise today. Went to chiropractor and he told me to keep up with the exercises and walking and it's okay to add in bellydancing again, slowly. I was going to tell him I already have but I decided to keep my trap shut for once.
Bought some items to make my grandmas candy. It always brings back memories of her when I make it.

Old 12-17-2008, 08:42 PM

hey all well 80 % of my shopping is done !!!!

oo pattie flowers !!!! I want to buy some but am on a plant buying ban lol nothing til spring . well maybe a few pansys but heck if this heat continues things are going to start sprouting

lol cassy my one friend owns one of the mailbox shipping store, I was int here during one fl la la la la la seasons and saw folks bringing gifts in in laundry baskets

song that is great news !!!!
just take it easy

ok going to go get a big glass of milk then head off to bed I am tired and have a long day tomorrow

see you all in the AM
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals