Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 02:28 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,038,297 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone
lol there is a light on the horizon I can see the normal routine getting close to becoming a reality

Our company leaves today and as much as I love my FIL company is a lot of work lol especially if the company loves getting the dogs all wound up, oh wait lol he calls it "playing"
I am going to run and do some returns today and consider taking the tree down
I was going to leave it up for my MIL's visit on NY's day but ....... lol

I also need to stop over at Chaos's house to talk to his dad, he will be starting "vacation" soon and want to see if he is going to be going to his families and if I will be watching Chaos.

So how close are you guys to "getting back to a normal routine" ?

Remember Jan 2 is right around the corner for those of us who are going to be "buckling down" and getting back on the daily exercise track !!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2008, 06:26 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,207,990 times
Yeh, Karla, rub in that Jan. 2 thing.

Feeling a bit better this morning. Was going to make French toast and bacon on our new griddle, but I thought maybe I better not.

We need to see what we have in the freezer today. We are finally going to see Valkyrie, which we were going to see on Christmas day and cancelled because of the crowds.

Have a great day, all.

Old 12-30-2008, 10:51 AM

4,391 posts, read 9,456,527 times
I went to work and refrained from eating all the left over chocolate almond kisses that were in Christmas bowls and ate cottage cheese instead. Does that count as to being on the right track? I am "thinking' about going to the gym when I get off work.....that could maybe count too?

Old 12-30-2008, 12:25 PM

17,833 posts, read 33,038,297 times
oh heck pattie you know you have to "test drive" the new griddle and what better way than with french toast & bacon
lol I don't think "test: calories

rfol Chickrae
you are starting to think like we do !!!
you get lots of extra credit with by passing the almond kisses but I read somewhere that almonds are really good for your heart !!!

also thinking about the gym does give you mental exercise

I think about my elliptical every day I keep telling rest up come jan 2 it is back to work

Old 12-30-2008, 01:55 PM

7,394 posts, read 19,291,837 times
Hi everyone.
I've been slacking off exericse since Christmas day and I may as well slack for the next couple of days and start back on Jan. 2.
I do have all the decorations down for Christmas except for the tree. I took the tree decorations off today so all's that's left are the lights and I'll leave that alone until after the new year.
I'm tempted to go ahead and take it down though just so I can move some furniture around. I can wait though.
Not doing much of anything else.
We had banana waffles this morning cuz the bananas are starting to turn brown so ya need to try some of those Pattie.
Almost back to normal.

Old 12-30-2008, 02:47 PM

1,483 posts, read 1,803,681 times
Hmmm lets see I have been doing my exercise,now that Im home on vacation, (work for school) I went to the herb market and bought some cottage cheese, hummus and blue chips as my snack food. I have a hard time stating on track when I return to work...that is my nemsis
I did leslies dvd 4 mile
and free weights again on legs todAY

Old 12-30-2008, 02:55 PM

8,189 posts, read 31,169,716 times
Hey everyone!

I wanted to check in and let you know that Shadow & I made it home yesterday, safe & sound. I think I am getting to be too old for all of that driving. I was toast when I got home.

My last phone jack in the house failed while I was gone so my DSL can't connect. Brighthouse is coming to install cable for my phone & computer but they can't come until the 7th so I will be offline for a while. AT & T wanted $125 per jack to fix the problem and I told them to get bent. Brighthouse service is less expensive and faster.

We came out to the farm to pass out Christmas presents and I am using the slow dial up right now. Whew! I forgot how slow this is!

Old 12-30-2008, 04:52 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,207,990 times
Welcome home, Evey. Glad you're safe and sound. See you when you get back up and running. Happy New Year!

Old 12-30-2008, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
you get lots of extra credit with by passing the almond kisses but I read somewhere that almonds are really good for your heart !!!

I think about my elliptical every day I keep telling rest up come jan 2 it is back to work
Well I agree almonds are good, what about peanuts. We have a candy machine like the stores do in our houes and it's filled with peanut m & m's, so I read your post and ate some of those...ha ha.

I wish I had an elliptical. I think I am with the rest of you. Starting Jan 2, sounds good to me.

I would of gone to the gym but we just got a counter offer on a home we are buying and I had to deal with that for about 3 hours.

Tomorrow is another day.......but I think I am with the majority on here and Jan 2 sounds good. heck that New Years Eve holiday messes up the week for getting on track.

Old 12-30-2008, 06:09 PM

I can't type either.......I just re read what I typed. Must of been those m & m's that messed me up! Lol
See y'all tomorrow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals