U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 06:39 AM

17,833 posts, read 31,797,265 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone

well Chaos is all fed and potty'd
my kids are fed

Gah I hate when I sleep late it makes me run behind for the day

I am not sure if I am going to walk or elliptical today

I do have to make a bunch more fundraising calls from my little office so since I will be staring at the elliptical thats what I might end up on

It is a little chilly this morning at 46 degrees and they say it is only going up to 59 good day for inside stuff !!!

So what will you be doing today ?

How much snow did you "tundra" folks get ?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2009, 06:50 AM

8,189 posts, read 30,118,252 times
Morning peeps!

It is 21 here on the way to 29. Today will be the warmest day this week. By Thursday we will be in the single digits for highs.

I got up very early so I could call the vet right at 8. Shadow had a ball out walking in the not-quite-light this morning. We found several bunnies & squirrels to chase.

Buzz has an appointment at 9:30 so here in a few minutes I will head out to begin removing snow from my vehicle. Funny, when they call for snow we don't get it, but we sure got some last night when they were not calling for any. Beautiful thing about my truck is the remote start. I can start it from in the house & let it run for a few minutes, then when I go out the defroster has started to warm up the windshield and snow usually brushes right off. I don't have to do very much scraping.

We will head out to the farm later to do some massages on a couple of horses that are heading out of town for a show tomorrow. I am sure there will be a major hike the acreage before I am allowed to get started.

Old 01-12-2009, 07:47 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 18,357,419 times
Best of luck at the vet's, Evey.

Woo hoo, NMS is BACK! DH and I walked to the clubhouse this morning (about a mile), did weights for about 15-20 minutes, then walked back. I did mostly legs and light hand weights (part of my PT routine), but they didn't a 3 lb'er, so I went up to 4 lbs. Arm is telling me it didn't like it, but that's ok. I'll get there gradually. I didn't over do it. If something was bothering me, I quit and moved on. But, man it feels good to be exercising again. And it's nice that DH is doing something, too.

Have a good day, all.

Old 01-12-2009, 09:14 AM

Well we just got back from the vet.

Not one but two vets are baffled by the loss of mobility. His x-rays showed nothing but a very small spot of arthritis in a location that is nowhere near the problem we are now having. They did reveal a large impaction which was not unexpected given the fact that he has not had a bowel movement in 3 days.

They gave him an enema and some steroids & antibiotics. They sent me home with steroids & antibiotics. We will re-evaluate on Friday unless he gets worse.

Welcome back NMS!

Old 01-12-2009, 09:43 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 18,357,419 times
Ouch! A kitty enema. Glad I missed that one.

Old 01-12-2009, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
Ouch! A kitty enema. Glad I missed that one.
I have one very annoyed kitty........

Old 01-12-2009, 12:05 PM

12,983 posts, read 13,845,076 times
Hello everyone. I just did two workouts from the exercise tv thing on our cable-so if I don't check in tomorrow, it's because I couldn't get out of bed. One stopped right in the middle of the routine, but right now, that's not seeming like such a bad thing! Both were like glute oriented, and those are some big muscles-well, mine are anyway...

Evey, does that cat eat canned cat food? Maybe if you add a little oil, it might help it go. My sister had a cat with that problem some time ago, the only other thing I could think of was those little glycerine suppositories, but maybe all Buzz needed was to get the blocked up stuff out. But you know about this stuff, so I'll shut up.

Heard from my son yesterday-he called, said they are going to a different place than he thought, in Kirkuk now. But then this morning I got an email saying he doesn't know where they're going, but if I hear anything to let him know.

Well, WE got plenty of snow, not sure exactly how much, but probably close to a foot. Now we're in for 2 Arctic blasts this week. Toledo weather-when it does't suck, it blows.

Old 01-12-2009, 01:18 PM

4,279 posts, read 10,026,185 times
Hope Buzz is feeling better soon Evey.

It's minus something here, and is only going to get colder with snow added to the mix. I'd better wrap up in the morning when I go to the gym!

Had a good workout today. I think I might throw some speed and circuit sessions into my cardio to jazz it up a bit. It'll hopefully throw me out of my comfort zone that I seem to be sliding into.

Glad to hear you're on the up Pattie!

Have a great day everyone.

Old 01-12-2009, 02:59 PM

Good news! Buzz is walking!

Old 01-12-2009, 03:06 PM

5,453 posts, read 7,880,536 times
Well I guess we are all headed for the cold stuff, my friends in NC say it is coming and it is here. Lows in the teens and highs in 30 & 40's, too cold for me. Did anyone ever notice on the weather channel that Alabama is not listed? Even here we have to go to local stations, our local on the eights is all cities in USA, pretty strange huh?
Evey hope everything will be okay with Buzz, it is good with his hard life that they can't find anything wrong. I can just envision how mad he is, we have always had cats in the house too.
Well I am walking Cassy tonight for about 20 minutes, if it is not horribly cold. Then I am settled in for the night.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals