Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2007, 05:19 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,118,863 times

Advertisements

Good Friday morning everyone

Did this week go by as fast for everyone else ?

Walk done

who is next to check in ?

karla
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2007, 06:32 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,263,356 times
Guess it's me again, Karla.

Did my usual gym thing - 25 min. strength (lower body today), 35 min. dreadmill. I felt like I had to push myself the last half of my cardio, but I did it.

Weekends I take off, but I'm sure I'll have a workout tomorrow anyhow. We're having an indoor yard sale in our downstairs family room, so I won't be sitting on my butt, eating bon bons!

Have a good weekend, y'all.

Old 03-09-2007, 06:41 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,118,863 times
lol we are the early risers

Old 03-09-2007, 06:54 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,263,356 times
Ain't that the truth! I'm usually awake at 4, watch an hour of news, get up at 5, do the morning thing, head for the gym at 6:10, leave around 7:30, and on to work.

Tell me...is it 5 yet???

Old 03-09-2007, 07:14 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,223,019 times
Done with 20 minutes of exercise, I even did crunches today! Goal for next week is stretch out beyond 20 minutes. Thanks for starting this! Have a good weekend everyone

Old 03-09-2007, 09:12 AM

147 posts, read 696,508 times
Default Walk & Bike Ride

MAJOR, MAJOR, MAJOR accomplishment!!!!!

For the last four years, at least, I couldn't walk without major foot pain because of a Morton's Neuroma. I tried everything - physical therapy for several months, alcohol injections for several months (hoping to kill the nerve), and then I finally had surgery to remove the nerve this past October.

Two months later, I was still having major problems with my foot, but now it was where the incision was. I was just about in despair... At night, I couldn't lay the top of my foot face down against the sheet because it felt like a boil (or what I would imagine a boil would feel like) - and it was getting worse, not better. I actually had to go back to the orthopedic shoe I used after the surgery because it was so painful.

In mid January, I went back to the doctor who did my surgery. He said all the pain I was experiencing now was because of a build up of scar tissue!!! He gave me a cortisone shot right in the incision (scar tissue). Words can't even describe how painful that was!!! Oh, Oh, Ouch, Ouch He also told me to massage the area of the incision to break up and loosen the scar tissue. (I didn't even know that was possible).

So I massaged and massaged... then my husband massaged and massaged. The scar tissue did begin to "break" up, loosen, and then diminish. I went back to the doctor and he just grinned ear to ear. He knew how crippled I had been, and we both knew I was finally going to get better.

Well, here is the greatest thing... Last night, for the first time in years, I could walk - and not just WALK - but POWER WALK. My husband and I walked 1/4 mile!!! We checked the distance with the odometer on our car just to make sure - because I still couldn't believe it. We walked how far with NO PAIN in my foot - top or bottom!!!???!!!

And today, I rode my bike for 30 minutes (to strengthen my legs) This weekend - HIKING, LOL

Judlea

Old 03-09-2007, 11:45 AM

5,764 posts, read 11,373,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judlea View Post
MAJOR, MAJOR, MAJOR accomplishment!!!!!

For the last four years, at least, I couldn't walk without major foot pain because of a Morton's Neuroma. I tried everything - physical therapy for several months, alcohol injections for several months (hoping to kill the nerve), and then I finally had surgery to remove the nerve this past October.
Judlea
I had a neuroma problem in the ball of my right foot about 15 yrs ago. Went to a foot doc, who told me to bring along a bunch of my shoes. After an exam and having the doc watch me walk around a bit and having him poke into my feet for pain points, he gave me the good news and bad news. Good news was I didn't need surgery. Bad news is doc told me to donate all my shoes to charity, I needed shoes that had a little more room around my toe area so the toes could spread out (to keep nerves in foot from getting inflamed). I wear sandals on weekends (birkies or nike air deschutes) that let the toes really relax and still support the feet. I wear sandals for bike riding most of the year too (Teva). I use superfeet inserts on running and walking shoes. It turned out to be good advice because I seldom get foot pains. It just takes me a long time to try out new shoes. That's why I buy the same model of shoe time after time. OK, these are not for looks, just comfy shoes.

This morning I did a 10 mile bike commute to work through the fog. Pretty nice morning in spite of that, maybe mid 50s. Supposed to be warm later today and into weekend so I'll have a nice bike commute home and maybe some pedaling or trail running this weekend.

Old 03-09-2007, 12:47 PM

8,189 posts, read 31,235,578 times
Did the 30 minute dog walk this morning, did some power shopping, some laundry (my husband is a laundry generating machine), and will take a 2 mile walk with the dog this evening.

Old 03-09-2007, 12:59 PM

23,016 posts, read 34,383,749 times
No stars for me today my neighbor called and asked to baby sit her kids so I have to leave in about a minute and do that. Tomorrow I am photographing my first wedding! But come Monday I will be back!

Old 03-09-2007, 12:59 PM

19 posts, read 64,344 times
I did my routine (5 days a week) with Gilad on FitTV "Total Body Scupt" will take the dogs for a walk (getting warmer here in jersey) and hopefully ride this weekend that is if anyone cares.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals