Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 04:47 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,116,442 times

Advertisements

this morning. I was sitting here thinking it is not as cold out there this morning why I am freezing,so I went and checked the thermostat and it was 68 in here
the sun was so bright yesterday that it really heated up the familyroom so I turned the heat down.

lol I quickly turned the heat back up.

I should thaw out pretty fast now

So todays fun and games will be trying to convince the Insurance company to issue 2 checks 1 for the roof & 1 for the other repairs. Hopefully the fact that the Mortgage company is suggesting this will make it easier.
Plus the woman handling the claim seems pretty nice.

I am taking one of my neighbors over to the nursery later this morning to look at plants it is the neighbor who did all the research in finding the roofer so when they said they were looking for plants how could I not offer them my discount, they saved me tons of research time.

I might even venture this afternoon to do the outside of the familyroom windows now that the inside is so sparkly
They say it is going to warm up 67 so that makes it perfect window and screen washing weather.

I have the fuzzy head that you put on the extension pole to wash the window so it makes it kinda fun

rofl I am going to "blame" dear sweet pattie for my sudden urge to do some spring cleaning

So what will your fun & games be for today ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2009, 06:25 AM

4,137 posts, read 9,105,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
this morning. I was sitting here thinking it is not as cold out there this morning why I am freezing,so I went and checked the thermostat and it was 68 in here
the sun was so bright yesterday that it really heated up the familyroom so I turned the heat down.

lol I quickly turned the heat back up.

I should thaw out pretty fast now

So todays fun and games will be trying to convince the Insurance company to issue 2 checks 1 for the roof & 1 for the other repairs. Hopefully the fact that the Mortgage company is suggesting this will make it easier.
Plus the woman handling the claim seems pretty nice.

I am taking one of my neighbors over to the nursery later this morning to look at plants it is the neighbor who did all the research in finding the roofer so when they said they were looking for plants how could I not offer them my discount, they saved me tons of research time.

I might even venture this afternoon to do the outside of the familyroom windows now that the inside is so sparkly
They say it is going to warm up 67 so that makes it perfect window and screen washing weather.

I have the fuzzy head that you put on the extension pole to wash the window so it makes it kinda fun

rofl I am going to "blame" dear sweet pattie for my sudden urge to do some spring cleaning

So what will your fun & games be for today ?
You poor dear...I had read where Florida was actually cooler than here in Alaska

For me this day will bring sleep...I've yet to find my slumber as I was out searching for the elusive Northern Lights...in 40º temperatures. A fine heat-wave compared to a short time ago with -40º!

Old 01-19-2009, 07:00 AM

Hey HighlandLady

Welcome to the exercise thread

yeah it was so funny how we were colder

Rance keep talking about the northern lights one of these days I hope to see them

Old 01-19-2009, 07:19 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,233,542 times
Morning peeps!

Karla, did you really say you were cold at 68? My thermostat is set at 60.

Shadow & I went touring the neighborhood this morning. She was bound & determined to pee on each & every fence post out there. *shakes head*

I think I will be painting trim today. I hate painting trim.

Old 01-19-2009, 07:29 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,222,319 times
Default Morning all

Karla wish I had 67 today, only in the 40's (not going to complain after last week), we should be back up in the high 50's and 60's by mid week. That I can live with!
Yesterday I got an indoor plant (I left all of my plants with a neighbor in NC when we moved). So today I am going to do laundry and repot the plant. Then I think Cassy and I are due for a real long walk.
Have a great one all!

Old 01-19-2009, 07:51 AM

lol outside was 48
inside was 68 and I was freezing so I bumped the heat up to 70 I think it has to do with our houses here aren't as insulated as the ones up north so it seems more drafty

when I got home from chaos's it was nice and toasty in here

The roofer stopped by with the contract I am still waiting for the Ins lady to call back
I don't want to be a pain by keep calling her but my next move will be determined by what she says

Old 01-19-2009, 08:00 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,233,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
lol outside was 48
inside was 68 and I was freezing so I bumped the heat up to 70 I think it has to do with our houses here aren't as insulated as the ones up north so it seems more drafty
Hahahahaha! There is no insulation in my house. Built in 1924, frame house with lath & plaster. There is a bout 6 inches of fiberglass insulation in the attic, but that is it. Oh, did I mention the original windows? I finally have enough duct tape & visqueen over the windows that the curtains are no longer billowing in the breeze. There is also no damper on the fireplace so I have to wait for it to be cool enough to tape off before I go to bed if I have had a fire.

My friend called me a couple of days ago and told me that the pipes in her upstairs bathroom were frozen and that she had frost inside her shower. Her house was built in 1896.

Old 01-19-2009, 08:16 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,261,770 times
That's the problem with older homes. All your heat goes out the windows, up the chimney, etc.

Sure, Karla, blame me......

Hey, why do you want 2 checks for the repairs? I don't get it.

Welcome, Highland Lady. It's afun crew here.

Was 61 when I woke up this morning. We had clouds last night, so the warmth hung in there. High of 73 expected, then another cold front hits tomorrow. We may see a freeze Wed. or Thurs. night. Guess I'll have to pull in the plants that DH hasn't planted yet into the garage. I thinkit's been about a month now since they've been sitting out there, waiting for a permanent home. I could shoot him sometimes. Hey, maybe we should start a pool. Pick a date for $1! (Just kidding, folks. Dont' want the CD people to think I'm promoting gambling on their site.)

We were going to walk to the gym, do our thing and walk back this morning, but DH came down with a nasty headache. He's in a recliner with a pillow over his head right now and I'm trying to type quietly.

Have a great day, all.

Old 01-19-2009, 12:49 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,341,443 times
Hi everyone and welcome to you Highland Lady.
The temp is funny Karla. We moved here the middle of June and turned the heat on because we were freezing at a temp in the 60's. We were used to high temp Texas weather in the 90's and 100's with humidity. Now we keep our thermostat around 66 most of the time and we don't need a/c here at all.
We went to the golf course today and took a long walk around it. It felt good to walk today.

Old 01-19-2009, 01:19 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,532,742 times
It's funny how if it's 60 in your house it's freezing, but if it's sixty outside, depending on the time of year, it's warm! Our thermostat is on 70 but I look at it as 7...0, so some people, *ahem* might put it closer to the trailing edge of that zero than others, who figure if it's still touching any part of the 7, it's still set on seventy! Our furnace is in the attic, so taller people are probably warmer in here...

Anyhow, today I did the cardio interval thing again, it's 22 minutes, and did a few other ones interspersed throughout the day.

Time to get busy~oh well...there's plenty of day left, somewhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals