Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2009, 04:46 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,118,863 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone
I realized yesterday that today is Friday the 13th
Now in the past I have had a few "issues" on Fridays that were the 13th

lol call me superstitious but I am going to limit my exposure to "possible issues"

I am staying far away from the elliptical and things with many moving parts

I scheduled a facial today a few days ago so I will leave a bit early pick up a card for hubby have my facial then come home lol

Chaos's dad went out of town yesterday for a week or so, so I am on Chaos duty yay lots of upper body exercise

hmmm I wonder if his dad will get any Valentine deliveries tomorrow(he is single) I told him I would let him know lol I almost told him any candy delivered was up for grabs since he wasn't here

So am I the only Friday the 13th superstitious person here ?

Free "day off pass" for those of us who are
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2009, 06:12 AM

4,279 posts, read 10,362,673 times
Not particularly superstitious about this Friday. I'd probably make more trouble for myself if I was!

Off to the gym in an hour. I'm actually in a really good mood today and have a good reason to be ... see the good news thread in OT

I also have a new art project which will soon be in the works. It's a secret though for now!

Have a wonderful day folks, and I'll catch you all later!

Old 02-13-2009, 08:42 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,235,578 times
Morning peeps!

I don't have any fears of Friday the 13th. Just another day.

Ooohhh! A secret project! Sounds interesting.

And what a beautiful day it is! It is cold, but the sun is shining and the wind has finally stopped blowing. Shadow & I walked a few miles along the Cardinal Greenway this morning. There were many squirrels out to stalk & chase.

I think today is the day I finish painting the walls in the downstairs bathroom. These walls have a deep texture and are a pain to paint. Many deep ridges and the material soaks up a lot of paint. It has been about 2/3 painted for a week now because I could not bring myself to go back in there. I think today is the day.

Old 02-13-2009, 10:51 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,263,356 times
Go get 'em, Evey!

Tet, can't wait to find out your good news.

Karla, my bad day has always been Thursday the 12th. Stupid? Yeh, but it's been that way since I was a kid. And it continues to this day....

Yesterday, we were sitting on the front porch, reading, enjoying a cocktail. We had built a "kitty cage" out of 2x4's and screening to fit around the 3 sides of the porch so the kitties could come out with us. Otherwise, they sit and meow at us until they drive us nuts. (Short trip, Iknow) Well, I got up and went to do something and, while I'm in the garage, I hear a loud BANG and "Son of a b**ch!" come from the front porch. Yep. The biggest frame from the kitty cage jumped up and beaned poor DH on the head. That thing bled something fierce! By the time I got to him (seconds), he looked like an extra from a horror slasher movie. Blood dripping down his face. Poor fella.

Today, He was sitting on the lanai and one of the neighborhood squirrels (Evey, would you bring Shadow to chase them away for us, please?) was running all over the screens. Well, that wouldn't do. DH had to try to scare him away, so he picked up a pillow from the sofa and started to hit the window with it. Well, these are vinyl windows. Sure enuff, mr. squirrel ran around more, so DH hit the windows harder. Hard enough to pop one of them. You got it. We had to go buy more vinyl to repair the window. Men. I tell ya.

No exercise this morning, other than going back to Lowes to get more mulch (yes, Karla...it's certified), top soil and trellises for the climbing roses.

Hey, do you want to start a pool to see when DH is going to plant all this stuff and spread the mulch??? I give him 25 days, as of yesterday.

Takers???

Old 02-13-2009, 11:26 AM

7,395 posts, read 19,342,692 times
I look at it as a good luck day, always have. I am superstitious at times though.
Tet, enjoy your husband. NMS, slap your husband.
We're going to marinate some ribs tonight and cook them on the grill tomorrow. Gotta find a good recipe.
Doing stuff around the house now and will take a long walk later.

Old 02-13-2009, 11:31 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,115,048 times

Shwew...I am a sweaty Betty now... but I lost 10 pounds in 1 post!!

Old 02-13-2009, 01:43 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,533,906 times
My mom was born on a Friday the 13th-so it's not a bad luck day for me, although I did spill a full cup of coffee earlier today.

Today I did a cardio interval training workout and an arms workout after that.

Pattie, I doubt you'll get any takers when it comes to when to expect a MAN to finish a project.

Oh Cheryl-we havea ton of ribs in our freezer too, I should have a cookout!!! HA! Bring your own blankie!

Have a good one everybody.

Old 02-14-2009, 04:23 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,118,863 times
woo hoo poconoproud

How nice to see you here
For those of you that don't visit over at the ? 0' the day
poconoproud is one of our most enjoyable posters

I am glad you found us

We have so much fun here every day !!!

Pattie - I am going to say 21 days as my entry
Sounds like he was getting ready in advance for the new Friday the 13th movie that opened yesterday lol should we start calling him "Jason"

Song - my hubby loves ribs but we never make them hmm probably because I don't eat them but now that we have our new grill !!!!! Let me know what recipe you ended up using.

tet - I know your going to have a terrific weekend with hubby being off !!!

Evey - have you tried the big fluffy rollers , they say they are suppose to be good for textured walls.
Though I have always wanted to try one of those power sprayer paint thingys
lol I am not allowed to touch a paint brush could you imagine the look I would get should I come home with one of those !!!

Fuzzy - can I come too even though I don't eat ribs I have lots of "blankies"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals