Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2009, 04:11 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,107,768 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone

Sending Valentine wishes to each and everyone of you here !!!!!

Hubby is planning on trying the new grill to smoke a pork butt, I think this is like an hours long process.

It is suppose to be fall apart tender when it s done I guess kinda like pulled pork. We had some at one of the meet and greets at my nieces wedding it was very tasty. lol yes I tried it

We are going to go to breakfast this morning and when he asked what I wanted to do today I said "go wander around Home Depot". I want to look at doors and also those deeper sinks you can put in the kitchen.

I may have to look at some plants lol pattie has given me "new plant envy"

Anyone have anything special planned ?

lol it is ok to take the day off from "planned exercise" and remember chocolate calories do not count today !!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2009, 07:43 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,226,172 times
Morning peeps!

Too bad chocolate calories did not count yesterday when I decided to make brownies and the batter never made it to the baking pan. Yep, I ate the whole bowl of brownie batter. Good thing it was one of the small mixes or the stomach ache would have been a lot worse.......

We got up to a light dusting of snow this morning. Fresh snow makes it very easy to see where the bunnies have gone. Shadow is learning to read foot prints. We followed bunny tracks all over the neighborhood, but never did find bunny.

Well, the bathroom is now 3/4 painted. I have never done such a frustrating project. Karla I started with the big fluffy roller. It didn't get down into the grooves at all. This is brush work. And you really have to work it to get full coverage. I thought about using the sprayer but then I would need the compressor and there is enough junk in my way as it is.

I think today might be wallpaper stripping day. I like the paper but it was not put up very well and there are some tears from the kids who used to live here. I am armed with both store bought and home made stripper and 3 different stripping tools.

Old 02-14-2009, 10:47 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,220,186 times
Goodness Evey, you make me feel lazy! I'm going to wally world and then coming back home to "take care" of hubby. He is sick! So I guess you all know what my home is like today. I did come home to roses yesterday!
Cassy and I have been out for our walk, Evey she is lots like Shadow, we sniff more than walk (wonder if in the golden/lab mix she might have beagle too). Then hubby and I took the Christmas tree to the storage unit, it's been waiting for hummmm over a month.
I hope all of you have a wondeful day and Happy Valentines to you!

Old 02-14-2009, 11:12 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,107,768 times
rofl evey I am so glad to see I am not the only one who likes the batter !!! and I wonder hwy the pan isn't as full as it should be
lol another "evil" is chocolate cake batter yummmmmm

Cassy give him a triple does of NyQuil that wil give you a few hours

well what fun Home depot was !!!

I now have new bathroom sink fixtures and a new motion light for the outside
lol as soon as patties "when will hubby plant the plants" bet is done we can do the "when will karlas new faucets & light get installed !!!"

We stopped at the grocery store and they were giving all the women a red carnation !!!

The pork butt is on the smoker smells soo good already

looks like we will have tons who wants to come for dinner !!!!!

Old 02-14-2009, 11:47 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,256,282 times
OK, I'm on my way, Karla. Want me to bring anything??? Some nice veggies, maybe??? Sorry, couldn't resist.

DH fixed the kitty cage so it won't be beating up on him any more. Plants are still in their pots, for those in the "When will Pattie's Plants be planted" Pool.

Our ribs were great. Here's how we did ours: We cut the rack in half, used Emeril's SW seasoning as a dry rub, along with some salt & pepper. Threw them on the grill for about an hour. DH put some of our favorite BBQ sauce on for the last 15 minutes. Tender, Tasty and real meaty.

Went to the community coffee this morning. Good thing choc. calories don't count. I've been dying for a donut for weeks, so I had a "split" that had white creme in the center and choc. frosting on top. Oh, me oh my! Yummo.

That's about it for me todya. I think I'm taking the weekend off, other than necessary stuff. Oh, I do have a load of towels hanging out, but that's not work to me. Ok, ok, I promise...I won't fold them till tomorrow. Have a great day, all.

Old 02-14-2009, 01:39 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,527,800 times
Somehow pork butt smelling good just doesn't sound right to me! Speaking of which, I put a pork roast in my crock pot a while ago, have some red potatoes I'll cook a little later and throw in with it.

That is hilarious Evey-wow!!! You know, some of that canned frosting is pretty good too!

Anyway, today I did a half an hour workout which had cardio, abs, a whole lot of stuff.

Today, at 6 I am taking an online memory class! So, maybe my brain cells will be getting a workout too!

Happy Valentine's Day, all

Old 02-14-2009, 01:43 PM

8,189 posts, read 31,226,172 times
I hope the evil bastard who invented wallpaper is roasting at the devil's feet.

Karla have you tried the brownie batter ice cream? Ben & Jerry's I think. And they just came out with a cake batter, but I have not tried that one yet.

I will share my secret for cooking ribs. Boil them in a pot on the stove for 1-2 hours. Then paint them with sauce or marinate in Italian dressing for a few hours. They only need to be on the grill for a few minutes or you can warm them in the oven. They are fork tender this way. Hmmmmm, I think I have some ribs in the freezer........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals