Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2009, 05:29 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,013,501 times

Advertisements

It is back to "work"

Though today being a Holiday (remember no mail or banks open today) I am thinking we don't want to work too hard lol

Today is going to be lots of one on one with my phone.

After lots of discussion hubby and I decided we are going to up grade our A/C. We decided that the builder put the smallest unit he could get away with. So we are going to see about a more efficient system so that it doesn't have to work so hard during the summer and we can actually get the family room cool.
So I will be spending the day on the phone getting information and setting up estimates.

We have also decided on the type of door we are going to use to replace the one damaged in the hail storm. So more phone calls lol it is a good thing I like making these kind of calls.

Todays exercise will consist of walking , a upper body work out while playing tug with Chaos and some yard work and screenroom furniture moving to round things out.

How will you be spending your day ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2009, 07:24 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,198,061 times
Cassy has to go to the groomer in a while, that will be making her morning pretty bad. I like this working at a federal office, we get quite a few holidays! Course I don't get paid today but it is still a 3 day weekend!
Our house in NC was like that Karla, the builder had such a small heating/air system that it was hard during the real hot part of the summer to cool the house down, and in the winter it was hard to warm up the place. We even had someone come out to check the working condition of it! After moving to AL we realize that was not the normal!
I went shopping yesterday and got myself all sorts of spring/summer clothes, shoes and a leather jacket, then I went into the baby clothes! My grandson will be well clothed after he makes his appearance.
I have not figured out what I will do today for exercise, probably go to the gym here being as not too many people will have the day off.
Have a great one!
Karla, did you wrap the pork butt in foil yesterday?

Old 02-16-2009, 09:36 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,013,501 times
no foil
does that make a difference

Old 02-16-2009, 10:10 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,191,959 times
Hi, all.

Karla, bad news. DH is outside, putting the new rosebushes in. He's really "bushed" tho (sorry - couldn't resist!), so he may not do the other 3 plants today. Our pool may still be open!

We did our walk to the gym, did some weight stuff and walked back. Still can't figure out how to ride back.

If you put your butt in foil, won't the foil prevent it from getting that smokey flavor???

Old 02-16-2009, 02:36 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,481,616 times
Yeah, Pattie, he'll probably be in a prickly mood by the time he's done.

Today I did the cardio interval workout that I did yesterday and then a glutes one, then a few ab exercises. I wanted to check in much earlier but my snowbird neighbor called me from Alabama and we talked for a while. She drives me kind of crazy but she's pretty cool to talk to-and I am lonely!

Now, I really have to get busy. Oh-they had an elliptical machine for sale at Kroger for 199.99 WITH your Kroger Plus card of course!

Old 02-16-2009, 02:40 PM

7,394 posts, read 19,278,564 times
I'm not sure how to do a pork butt in a smoker but I do it in a crockpot for at least 8-12 hours on low.
Did you seer(sp) it first? That should help.
I did a long walk today. Have to go to a meeting tonight for July 4 event here.

Old 02-16-2009, 02:42 PM

4,279 posts, read 10,338,542 times
Well, at a guess ... if I put my butt in foil it would get very smokey, but would probably shrink too!

Cleaned my house from top to bottom today. Athough my "work" room still looks like a bomb hit it. That will all change by the end of the week though. Once I get the computer cabinet moved, I can then get it all sorted. Then I'm onto my clothes and what I am keeping and getting rid of. The yard sale boxes are slowly getting full.

Hope everyone is doing well today!

Old 02-16-2009, 02:55 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,481,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by songinthewind7 View Post
I'm not sure how to do a pork butt in a smoker but I do it in a crockpot for at least 8-12 hours on low.
Did you seer(sp) it first? That should help.
I did a long walk today. Have to go to a meeting tonight for July 4 event here.
Do you sear/seer?? it before you put it in the crock pot? I didn't see any butts at the store but a lot of shoulder and loin roasts.

Old 02-16-2009, 03:28 PM

5,453 posts, read 8,198,061 times
I don't think foil would stop the smoking process, but a few holes in the top would let it flow through. When I do a port butt for shredding I wrap it in foil and pour a dark beer over top to roast it in (think you could even put a dutch oven in your smoker, my dad used to put roast in dutch over on the grill).

Old 02-16-2009, 04:49 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,191,959 times
Ooo, Cassy, that sounds good.

Sounds like everybody's feeling "punny" today. Great!

Correction: DH only put in one rose bush. He couldn't make it thru the 2nd one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals