Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2009, 05:12 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,107,768 times

Advertisements

I'm not talking about the friendly Jack Daniels

But good old Jack Frost has once again visited us it is a nippy 28 at the airport 20 mile southeast where we are it is a toasty 35

I am hoping we didn't dip below freezing last night for any lenght of time because I noticed some blossom buds on the citrus trees.

I am thinking this is the last "ha ha look what I can do" from "Ma Nature"

Today is errand day, found the best kitchen towels last time I went to Sams Club so I want to stop and get some more. Adding Wally World to the list too
lol last night hubby said "do we have to go there every weekend" I told him we didn't go last weekend we went to Target" lol he just rolled his eyes

I wonder if our new bathroom sink fixtures are going to be installed today

I got Chaos a new toy yesterday so today I am sure will involve some serious play time

So not a real exciting day here

How about in your neck of the woods, will you be having an exciting day ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2009, 06:07 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,220,186 times
No not here in AL either, we are having a cold blast also but I am thinking that it is a last one. Next week rain and in the mid to upper 70
Today I am looking for a plush backpack for my one year old grandaughter (it is a bribary toy for when I get off the plane). She likes Elmo and I would like to find her a furry animal packpack for a toddler that I can put all sorts of goodies into. I guess if I can't find Elmo I will have to settle for just a stuffed animal look.
Not much else in the picture today! Cassy is happy that Mom is on the computer instead of getting ready for work!
Have a great day all.

Old 02-21-2009, 08:05 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,226,172 times
Dang! It is warmer at my house than it is in FL??

They were calling for big accumulating snow over night and all day today. There is a light dusting on the ground and none falling from the sky. There is some on the radar but I don't think it is enough for all of the inches they were talking about.

Shadow & I went for our ritual investigation of the neighborhood this morning. For the very first time Shadow growled at someone while we were out in the daylight. I dunno what she wasn't liking about this person, but I know where he lives and will stay away if I can.

I am bound & determined to finish this stupid wallpaper project. I am hoping for today.

Old 02-21-2009, 11:59 AM

7,395 posts, read 19,335,694 times
Oh geez Karla, I was hoping you were talking about the other Jack. Just kidding, the thought of Jack brings back a memory of when I was very young, drank some Jack and Coke, and was really sick for 3 days.
OMG cassie, your daugher is in bed plus has a one year old. I hope she's getting some help.
My exercise for the day is going to the park and meeting about 10 people here for a potluck picnic. It was going to be an atv ride but a couple of them don't have atv's and couldn't rent one so we changed it to a picnic. It's cool outside but we'll survive and the dogs can run around and play with each other while we eat.
I'm cooking my baked beans and hoping they turn out good and everyone likes them.
Happy weekend to you all.

Old 02-21-2009, 12:00 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,527,800 times
The snow is falling intermittently here, andI already heard somebody running a snowblower. yippee!

So, today, I tried this new workout called lessmore cardio-it was 30 minutes, seemed like about 3 hours! And boy I really feel it. Before, I tried to do this and it was a big no way, but maybe all these weeks of cardio are paying off, but they are nowhere near as intense as this was. [to me anyway!]

So, as I sit here panting still-not good!-have a good Saturday everyone.

Oh, song-do you have a good baked beans recipe? The last time I tried to make them, it took me a week to get the bowl clean...

Old 02-21-2009, 12:34 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,256,282 times
Hi, all.

Karla, talk to me about the microdermabrasion. Did it hurt or sting your face? Was your face red for a while afterwards? DH gave me a very generous group of gift cards thru spafinder.com and I'm thinking about using part of them for one.

Just got back from the hot tub. Man, Karla, am I happy we moved farther south than Jacksonville. It's cold up there! It was low 40's here this morning, but it's a beautiful 76 right now.

Fuzzy, have you ever tried Dawn Power Dissolver?? That is the greatest stuff going for baked on crud. I can't be without it. (Disclaimer: I do not nor have I ever worked for this company, just sharing a great product.) You know how you reheat something like scalloped potatoes in the same dish? Spray all that crud with the Power Dissolver and 15 minutes later, you can almost just wipe it out! It's great. It's in the aisle with the dish detergents. A little expensive, but it goes a long way.

No walk today - too cold out there this a.m. My exercise was cleaning up the litter box areas and vacuuming. That's enough for me! Have a great day all.

Old 02-21-2009, 02:30 PM

Oh, oh, daughter is in bed, has a one year old and just got a 7 week old puppy! She said "you don't mind when you come up here, do you?". Heck my Cassy is 13, it's been a long time since I was around puppy breath Parker (his name) is going to call Grandma tonight on the web cam.

Old 02-21-2009, 04:46 PM

cassy, you're going to have fun. What kind of puppy?
The baked beans went over real well. The pot was empty when we left.
Fuzzy, I have different things I do with beans and I prefer to use the beans out of a bag and cook from scratch but this picnic thing was kind of last minute somewhat and it usually takes the beans 2-3 days to soak here because of the altitude so instead, I took a couple of cans of ranch beans and a can of pinto beans. I hate most canned stuff so I poured the beans in a collander and rinsed off all the **** and let them drain. In the meantime, I cooked up a package of bacon and made a sauce with bbq sauce, some dijon mustard and a little molasses and mixed it up to a good taste and added a small can of diced tomatoes and green chiles. I added all this stuff together and mixed it in with the beans and warmed everything up, put the bacon in and through it in the crockpot on low to cook for 3 hours.

Old 02-21-2009, 04:48 PM

Yikes, one of my words was deleted.
Didn't know there was anythig wrong with the word g-o-o-k.

Old 02-21-2009, 04:59 PM

His Dad is a lab mix and mom is a schnauzer (not sure on the spelling of that breed). I just saw him and he is soooo cute, so is my grandaughter. Yes between the one year old and the puppy I probably won't be much help for my daughter!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals