Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2009, 04:09 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,113,982 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone

Yay it is Saturday !!

We are going to head to Lowes around 8 so I can show hubby the shade cloth I am thinking will work in the screenroom
I also want to get a few bags of dirt and try to find something to plant around the 2 elm trees in our front yard.

lol patties gardening bug has hit here !!!

I am on Chaos's duty this weekend.
It is his Dad's birthday today and he went away for the weekend

I told him when he gets back we will have cake !!

I am going to make a "happy birthday Dad" sign and have Chaos sit under it and send him a picture text lol
I would love to put a birthday hat on him but he would just eat it

A friend of hubby & mine stopped over yesterday and said he might be going to the Navy exchange today and would take me with !!
They have great deals on Coach bags and since I took both back because they weren't the right size I am all for this little shopping trip

It is suppose to be another nice day so I might start on raking the grass later lol it is also suppose to be very windy so maybe the grass I rake will just blow away

So what are your plans for today ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2009, 07:08 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,260,249 times
Just got back from the Sat. a.m. koffee klatch. I'm floating. I ate a bowl of cereal before I left so I wouldn't be tempted by the donuts. It worked...I didn't have a donut. I had a fritter!

Glad to hear that gardening bug got passed along. I'm worried, tho. DH is at Lowes as we speak. Let's hope he doesn't come back w/more stuff. He kept buying baskets for the flowers. I kept telling him "You have more baskets than you can use." But did he listen??? Nnnooooo. He planted all his flowers, looked at me and said, "I think I overdid the baskets." Duh. Ya think??? I just may email Easter Bunny, tell him where he can get a good deal on some unused baskets.

Was going to zip over to Publix as soon as I got back from the koffee klatch, but the car went with DH, so I either go to a busy store (which I absolutely hate to do) or wait till tomorrow. We'll see.

May have to hit the pool today.

Hope the weather's nice in your neck of the woods.

Old 03-21-2009, 07:59 AM

4,279 posts, read 10,361,498 times
Evey, I hope Simon is doing ok today. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the poor guy!

Woke up to a wonderful inch plus blanket of snow! I am not amused. It had better melt by this afternoon

I'm going to Lowes, I'm going to Lowes ... BTW ... I'm going to Lowes It's about an hour away but well worth the trip. We're actually doing quite a bit of stuff today.

I will be squeezing in a good walk this afternoon. No weights though.

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Old 03-21-2009, 08:44 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,231,607 times
Morning peeps!

Man, am I dragging today! Too bad I have 3, count them-3, utterly wild critters at my house. Last night they could not decide if they wanted to be excited because I was home or pretend they did not care that I had left in the first place. Today they are all wild and very demanding of attention.

Shadow & I took a short walk as we will be heading to the farm in about an hour. We will chase mousies, then I will hopefully have a relaxing ride on my horse.

Simon seems to be doing o.k. I got an urgent text from the farm last night around 11:00 letting me know he had finally taken a drink of water. To our knowledge it was the first drink since sometime Wednesday night. They did give him fluids at the clinic, but it is better when they drink on their own. So we will wait & take turns staring at him to make sure he is o.k.

Old 03-21-2009, 09:19 AM

Glad to hear Simon's improving. Poor baby.

Old 03-21-2009, 09:23 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,231,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
Glad to hear Simon's improving. Poor baby.
Thank you. He was kind of pitiful while we were at Purdue. He spent much time looking for Humphrey, who apparently got to go home shortly after we brought Simon home. As we walked around the clinic Simon looked into each ward, paying special attention to the places where Humphrey had been.

Old 03-21-2009, 09:30 AM

Aaawwww...how sad, he was looking for his buddy. Animals are amazing, aren't they?

Old 03-21-2009, 10:20 AM

7,395 posts, read 19,340,034 times
Animals are very amazing.
Glad to hear Simon feels better.
I've been in the mood to paint some rooms when we first moved here and it was put on the back burner and now I'm back in the mood again.
I have a hard time deciding on colors and I think that's why I keep putting it off.
I think I'll look through the color charts again today and see if I can pick some colors.
More pine needles to rake too.
Happy Sat. to you all.

Old 03-21-2009, 11:35 AM

12,981 posts, read 14,531,626 times
Oh Evey, I hope Simon is ok, and Karla, you could take a picture of Chaos eating the birthday hat-and tell him, you should have seen the CAKE!!

So, today I did a quickie workout, trying to keep an eye out for dh, then I figured, considering I've been doing these workouts for about 2 months and I'm not getting particularly 'fit' maybe I'll just do another one and say what the hey.

Evey you don't need a goal, you can stick around for the cama-rah-rah-raderie.

More dang business at my neighbor's house about the clean-up crew. She wanted me to sign the contract for them to do the work, but I figured one of her kids ought to do it, just to be on the safe side, if they can be bothered to drive over here and sign it. I remembered too that her water is turned off, so that's gonna have to be switched back on too. I'm beginning to think she maybe should get her *** up here and take care of some of this herself. She likes to play the blame game if any of you know what I mean.

Have a good one, if you can. If not-have a cold one!

Old 03-21-2009, 09:29 PM

4,391 posts, read 9,482,956 times
An errand day for sure. Got my hair done, got groceries, went to the Ross store and then stopped by Barnes and Noble and The Duggar Family happened to be there signing autographs....I just wanted to get my grandaughter a tornado book and fell in to that crowd of people. I managed to get to the gym and uped my minutes on the eliptical to 50 min. I hope that this exercising and eating better is going to pay off eventually.
Hope everyone had a great Saturday!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals