Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2009, 04:31 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,116,442 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone
It sounds like everyone had a relaxing Sunday

It is "misting" out there this morning I am hoping it will become rain

I have a MG training meeting downtown at 10 this morning todays we will learn more about, invasives, the new irrigation and fertilizer ordinances, new publication resources and spiders and scorpions

so I am going to go over and let Chaos out early because lol with the "mist" I just know I will get doggy prints on me he is like a kid when it come to mud

I am going to go down early because I have a couple of donated items for the 4 H fundraiser I want to drop off.

All the offices are in the same building which make it easier

It should dry up by the time I get home around 2 so I will probably put the 120#s of top soil around the 2 trees

So how will you start the week ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2009, 06:39 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,261,770 times
Well, we started it off right. We did 2 miles this morning. I came THIS close to staying in bed, but I knew Tet had brought out her whip just for me, so I didn't want to disappoint her.

For my efforts, I have a lovely blister on my right heel.

DH wants to go to Lowes, so we're headed there. Just put some bills in line to get paid after the 1st.

Not much else going on today. I'll catch y'all later. Have a great day.

Old 03-23-2009, 08:39 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,233,542 times
Morning peeps!

It is a little on the chilly side here this morning so I am guessing my day will be indoors. I did get one coat of trim paint on in the bathroom yesterday and am hoping I can motivate enough to finish today. I hate painting trim, so much detail work makes me nervous.

Shadow & I have been for a walk this morning. I am a little on the stiff side since we went for a short jog yesterday afternoon. I have not done any running since high school and I am not sure what possessed me to do it yesterday. I was glad when the ladies at the insurance office up the street invited Shadow in for a treat.

Old 03-23-2009, 12:04 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,532,742 times
Default shoulders

Ok, here's my plan: I looked up some good exercises for my shoulders, which are really scrawny, and did those along with the other arm exercises which I have from our newspaper's online deal. So, today I did those and a 30 minute cardio workout from tv. In 5 weeks, I should start seeing results, so I can keep track this way. Maybe. Hopefully.

Heard from my snowbird neighbor whose son was supposed to come and sign this stuff, supposedly. This morning I heard from her. I said did you tell him to call first (because she asked if we WENT anywhere) oh he has your phone number...yeahright. Then 'oh I gave you my key in case something like this happened' and why can't I sign those papers, I said it is a legally binding contract. This is starting to really make me mad. And DH had a headache all weekend and he never gets headaches-ever. And he has high bp. And coincidentally he went to the dr Friday to get a refill of his scripts and he was ok...but you know how men are-oh I'm FINE.

Ooops, sorry had to vent. At least the sun is out!

Old 03-23-2009, 12:20 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,341,443 times
Have any of you all tried that Wii Fit gadget?
I was wanting to try it every once in awhile for fun but don't want just a toy.
We're pulling out the golf clubs this week. Haven't played since we've been here. Charlie will play and I'll hit the ball wherever it turns up.
Anyway, it will get me moving again. Haven't done a good job of that lately but this week is a new week so here goes.

Old 03-23-2009, 12:31 PM

8,189 posts, read 31,233,542 times
LOL you guys! Shadow has always been a velcro dog. When I ride she never quite knows what to do with herself. One of the other girls took this pic Saturday. It is Shadow being Shadow.

Old 03-23-2009, 12:49 PM

17,833 posts, read 33,116,442 times
Thats a great picture evey
I love how you matched your sweater to the horses socks !!!!
rofl shadow is not in a good place should the horse decide to um well you know

The meeting was very informative I learned lots of new stuff

The most interesting is that using native plants does not mean they need less water & fertilizer.

there was way too much snacks lol they had to bring out a 3rd 6' table one thing about gardeners is they love their snacks

it is still kind of drizzly here drove through some good rain on the way home I hope we got some here

Pattie do you have any palms in your landscape ?

song I know folks who got the wii fit and love it

fuzzy shoulders was always one area I never worked on . omg sounds like you neighbor is working your last nerve !! i agree with you not signing the papers should the ins not pay you wouldn't want them to come after you
also some insurance companies require the "commencement to work" order to be notarized I know I notarized 4 or 5 here in our neighborhood for the roof stuff.
So there could be another "out" for you

Old 03-23-2009, 02:16 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,261,770 times
Yes, Evey, it's a great photo. Thanks for sharing.

Song, my sister credits Wii for her losing 50 lbs. It really got her off the sofa and moving. She did things like bowling and tennis. It was before the Wii fit came out.

Karla, the only palms we have are those that were here when we moved. There's the big one, I think it's a Queen, then the matching pair, all in the front. Then we have some of those that look like overgrown bamboo out in back. They shade the lanai nicely.

We bought more plants today.............................

Old 03-23-2009, 02:39 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,341,443 times
Thanks Karla and Pattie for the info about the Wii.
Evey, that picture is priceless.

Old 03-23-2009, 03:37 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,532,742 times
Does your horse like Shadow? We used to have a cat named Stinky who would climb up the side of the stall and sit right on our one horse's rump! We'd let her out and that cat would just ride on top of her!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals