U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 05:31 AM

17,835 posts, read 31,416,727 times

Advertisements

lol and I am not talking "ab crunches"

Today is Monday the fundraiser is Saturday

Hence the crunch time !!

Today will be spent on the phone making follow up calls on a few promised items.

We have our final meeting tonight and lol hubby is even going
He has designed a computer program to track the silent & live auction items. He will be installing the program on their computer while we are having the meeting.

Shhh lol I haven't told him that after the meeting we will be sorting all of the items to decide if they will be live,silent or pick a prize items

I am going to get some exercise because I want to mow the lawn as soon as I get this and the question of the day finished.

So whatcha all gonna do today ?

lol want to come help sort
I'll bring snacks
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2009, 07:26 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 18,099,650 times
Snacks??? Did you say snacks??? I'm all over that!

OK, walked hubby to the gym, did about 20 min. on the weights. Arm is feeling much better since I started working out again. Came home, watered the flowers. That's a good hour and a half, minimum. This is getting old really fast. I hate when you do something once, then suddenly it becomes YOUR chore. Oh, well. I guess I can't expect him to do all of it while I just sit and enjoy.

LOL...yesterday, as you all know, was his B&N day. When he got home, there was a car parked halfway across our driveway and a lady standing on our front lawn, admiring the datura plant. He sat patiently in our car behind the other car for a good 5 minutes (he thought she was going to steal our plant!). The lady got back into the car with her friend, so he figured she was going to move it, but no, they sat there, just looking at everything. Finally, he got out of our car, went to the driver's side of the other one and knocked on the window. Scared the livin' u-no-what out of the poor woman! They were so nice. We both chatted with them for a few minutes. The lady who had been out of the car wanted to know if Len hires out! That was a nice compliment for him.

So, Chickrae...please send some of that rain, ok?

Gotta run. Housework calls. Our friends are coming over for dinner tomorrow (they head north on Wed.) so the house needs to look nice for them.

Happy Monday!

Old 05-04-2009, 07:30 AM

8,190 posts, read 29,780,924 times
Morning peeps!

It is a glorious day today. I love spring! Lilacs are blooming all over the neighborhood and it smells sooooo nice.

Shadow & I have taken our walk this morning. We will most likely take her to the river for a swim this afternoon.

I now know why replacement windows have vinyl frames, so they never have to be painted! I spent much of yesterday trying not to paint windows. Now I just have to get a second coat on the crown molding/chair rail/baseboards/quarter round/and window frames. Then I can have my dining room back.

Old 05-04-2009, 08:48 AM

Oh, Evey, send me some lilacs. I miss them so much. I used to love putting a bouquet in every room in the house. Mmmmmm

I forgot to share something with you ladies. Down another pound, so I'm halfway to my goal. 14 down, 14 to go. To behonest, I'd be happy just to lose 9 more, but I would like to see a certain weight again.

Old 05-04-2009, 08:56 AM

17,835 posts, read 31,416,727 times
add me to the list of missing lilacs !!!

well the lawn is mowed w/w & edged whew lol I am stinky

I also planted a couple pots of green bean lol the dogs love them

evey I think we are going to create a couple "paint free days" just for you

pattie woohoo on the weight loss you go girl !!!

OOO update on the purple house
of all people my roofer told me he was at their house having them chose their shingle and some guy came knocking on the door saying "wait before you pick a color quite a few homeowners have complained and you are going to have to repaint !!!!!

No here is where it gets fuzzy he wasn't sure if he said the hoa would provide the paint or a few homeowners are going to provide the paint
All I can say is the hoa better not be paying for the paint, the hoa money is our money and I am not paying for his being stupid

well i better go shower I am getting strange looks from hubby & the dogs

I will check back in later

Old 05-04-2009, 11:35 AM

Hey, Karla, did Ralphie run up to you, sniff and run away holding his little nose???

So much for my hard earned pound. DH took me to Fresh Market for lunch - Reuben panini and I ate the WHOLE thing!

Old 05-04-2009, 12:38 PM

12,983 posts, read 13,644,644 times
As of yesterday my lilacs weren't quite all the way blooming, but I love them too!

Just finished up my Jillian Michaels butt kicking workout.

Pattie, with a little imagination, you and dh could probably set up some sprinklers, hit your flowers and yard, and just move them around some. That's what we did last year.

Anyway, have a good Monday everyone.

Old 05-04-2009, 12:49 PM

I'd like to do that, fuzzy, but I'm afraid the sun would scorch them if we did that. I can water underneath the leaves and flowers so they don't get burned. Karla, am I wrong in that? Remember, I'm from WAY up north. Still not completely southified yet!

Old 05-04-2009, 01:02 PM

7,360 posts, read 18,246,523 times
Hi everyone.
I would like some lilacs and rain please.
I worked out with Richard Simmons this morning. I have 5 of his dvds now so I figured I'll use a different one everyday and then do something else or nothing on the weekends.
I like a certain jean designer on the HSN channel because she makes stylish jeans that fit. Anyway, I've been looking for some new crop jeans and I looked up online to see what was available. I ordered a pair one size smaller for an incentive and I got an email this morning saying they were out of stock and may be getting more and maybe not getting any more in by June 1. I don't mind waiting a few weeks for them but I would like to know IF I'm going to get them or not. Boo Hoo.
Anyway, Happy Monday to you all.

Old 05-04-2009, 01:32 PM

8,190 posts, read 29,780,924 times
Well I decided to declare a paint free day my own self today. I have been out planting lilly of the valley in all of my flower beds. DH dug them up from the side of the train tracks along with some grape hyacinth and an unknown plant with pretty little white flowers. I have been out digging in the dirt most of the day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals