Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2009, 06:11 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,112,598 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone

lol can you tell I am ready for the weekend !!!

I have no idea what today will hold but I have a feeling it will not involve yard work I think I am "yard worked out"

I wonder what other options for excitement I can find around the house

What fun things are on your list for today ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2009, 06:53 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,221,369 times
Just work today Karla, then the neverending traffic/ride home
I just found out Tuesday night that my brother has more cancer. This time it showed up in his gallbladder. He has been having pet scans ever since the first occurance over 4 years ago. This is the first time it has envaded an organ. I'm going to call him for the results tomorrow, please add him to your prayer lists.

Old 09-10-2009, 07:12 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,112,598 times
Sandy I am sorry to hear this of course we will keep him in our thoughts !!

Old 09-10-2009, 08:15 AM

4,279 posts, read 10,361,189 times
Sandy I hope everything works out fine for your brother. He's definitely in my thoughts. Hang in there!!!

Lots of running around for me ... if I can be bothered. Had a rough night with not a lot of sleep. You have one small niggle going on in the back of the brain, and sure enough something happens bringing it from the back to the front. Then I can't sleep.

I'll be definitely walking later on. I need the fresh air.

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Old 09-10-2009, 08:37 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,230,359 times
Morning peeps!

Sandy (cyber hugs)

Shadow, Mickey & I have been for our cookie walk this morning. Poor Shadow is all worn out from being at the barn and has gone back to bed.

On my list for today is changing sheets (if I can move the dog), painting the inside of a small built in in the powder room, and figuring out what is for dinner.

Horse show is Sat and I have been so focused on getting ready that I have not thought about silly things like groceries. But I think I am ready. My boots are polished, my equipment is all together. Tomorrow I will ride & give piggy horse a bath.

Old 09-10-2009, 09:33 AM

7,395 posts, read 19,339,102 times
Hi everyone.
I got back into town the other night and trying to catch up on some things here.
Sandy, you and your brother will be in my thoughts.
I feel dragged out so the only thing I'm doing today is catching up on some laundry.
Talk to you all later.

Old 09-10-2009, 10:21 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,259,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cassy1 View Post
Just work today Karla, then the neverending traffic/ride home
I just found out Tuesday night that my brother has more cancer. This time it showed up in his gallbladder. He has been having pet scans ever since the first occurance over 4 years ago. This is the first time it has envaded an organ. I'm going to call him for the results tomorrow, please add him to your prayer lists.
Oh, hugs to you and your family, Sandy. Let us know how things go, ok? Definitely will be in my thoughts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tet tea View Post
Lots of running around for me ... if I can be bothered. Had a rough night with not a lot of sleep. You have one small niggle going on in the back of the brain, and sure enough something happens bringing it from the back to the front. Then I can't sleep.
Gee. I thought I was the only one who did that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racelady88 View Post
Morning peeps!

On my list for today is changing sheets (if I can move the dog), painting the inside of a small built in in the powder room, and figuring out what is for dinner.
Yeh, Evey, I usually have to make mine around a cat or two also!

Karla, I never thought I'd hear you say that you were yard worked out.

Went and picked up the Jacksons at the airport. They're home safe and sound now.

Dh says we REALLY have to get back to eating right and exercising again. Monday. Wish us luck....again.

Old 09-10-2009, 10:28 AM

266 posts, read 866,749 times
Today i was lacking motivation and didnt go to the gym or a 6 mile walk. But i gave myself a pep talk and walked 3miles today. There were 2 hills involved and with pushing the stroller and the resistance from the wind i definitely got a workout i wasnt expecting. I was reading anyway that its good to switch up with a slower walk that takes longer and alternate with a quick pace walk that takes less time. So i feel like thats what i did today since i walked my old walking route (the one i started off on) and it took me less time today than before when i used to walk it regularly. Hope eveyone has a wonderful day and sandy you and your brother will surely be in my thoughts. Hang in there.

Old 09-10-2009, 01:00 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,530,896 times
Hi everybody-did/found! the 30 minute cardio. I thought they took it off, but they renamed it!

Will catch up more later--but I don't WANT the weekend to get here-I want time to slow down for a while. I know it won't tho.

Enjoy the rest of your day

Old 09-10-2009, 05:22 PM

5,453 posts, read 8,221,369 times
I agree with time stopping, at least for a little while My daughter just called and the cardiologist that she has been seeing since 6 weeks post delivery and diagnosed her with irregular heart rate! She is healthy now and he can't see anything wrong with the heart now, but he is worried about her future
Shoot between this, brother and everyday stuff I just want to stop the world and get off for a few days. I think I really need a vacation, but can't afford one Oh well tomorrow is a new day.
Thank you for all of the well wishes, my brother can use them he is such a good person and deserves to enjoy his retirement, not have all of these health issues pop up. His attitude is great tho, I admire him!
lol, I have to kick Cassy off the bed in order to make it, even to get the clean sheets on! She is priceless
Have a great night all, and thanks for letting me vent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals