Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2009, 05:29 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,128,548 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone

Our breakfast friends are out of town so we are not going to go to breakfast till later. I want to time it so we can eat then get to the Verizon store when it opens. Hubby needs a new phone and I found out he can get an upgrade.

Then we will mow when we get home before we start movie day. lol this should be fun since it will be prime heat of the day.

The game is blacked out so won't be watching it

Hey is any of our exercise family scotch drinkers ?

So what exciting plans do you all have for the day
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2009, 05:48 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,128,548 times
Wow I thought I was hearing/seeing things lol then I went and looked out the window and saw this strange stuff falling from the sky !!!
I almost didn't recognize it at first since it has been so long since I have seen rain even Lola stood at the door with this whats that stuff look on her face.
It was quite the little downpour so I turned on the news and it looks like there are a few of these rain spots heading in from the ocean which of course is where we go to breakfast

So there might be a "rain delay" for mowing but we need the rain so bad that I don't mind

Old 09-20-2009, 06:16 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,225,338 times
Boy Karla you can have some of ours! I was just telling hubby last night that this state has more rain than MI did! I think we have a few more days of it too. Hubby was telling me the Auburn game was called on rain yesterday, at least for a few hours!
Cleaning today cuz yesterday I shopped and played on the puter and walked Cassy in between the rain showers. I wanted to go to the fair this weekend but looks like it would be a hit and miss to get there between showers, I hate doing something dodging rain!
Well gals have a great one! Off to see what Karla has thought up for the ? of the day!

Old 09-20-2009, 06:57 AM

36,422 posts, read 16,036,192 times
Ok we need some sunshine, woke up to rain again.

No mowing, darn!!

I am working later, being lazy early, maybe exercise in the middle

Old 09-20-2009, 08:15 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,242,333 times
Morning peeps!

Shadow & I have been for a tour of the neighborhood this morning.

It is getting ready to rain, rain, rain. At least I hope it is. The radar is all lit up south of us and it is heading this way. We seem to be in an odd spot where rain will get right to us, then detour around. It has been weeks since we got any of the wet stuff.

I am going to have to break down & do some laundry today or I will not be a ble to get dressed tomorrow. My only other plan for the day is the NASCAR race later.

Old 09-20-2009, 08:30 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,269,134 times
Evey, we're in a similar spot. They tease us with rain and then, poof! It's gone!

Karla, I can't do scotch. I tried it years ago, but couldn't get by the taste. First hubby says it's an acquired taste, but I don't like the idea of forcing myself to like something. Why do you ask?

Squeaker's still not eating, but at least the vomiting seems to be behind her. She wandered out of her hidey hole for a bit during the night and used the litter box, which is good. If she doesn't eat anything, they said they'd have to force feed her tomorrow. I really don't want her to have to go thru that, but she hasn't eaten in about 5 days now. This morning, I brushed her for quite a while. She was purring, which made me feel good. Keep your fingers crossed.

Got laundry going. Not up to much else today. I went to my friend's place, made sure everything is ok. I think I'll hit the pool for about an hour at noon. I can't spend too much time there, because we're invited to a party at our neighbor's house at 3. I doubt I'll be there for long, what with Squeaker and all. We don't like leaving her home alone.

More bad news....my mother has to have her entire right shoulder reconstructed. Everything's gone on her - rotator cuff, major arthritis in the bone, her muscle. She isn't looking forward to it. I'm torn. She says she doesn't want me to fly there for it. I really don't want to (not after our lousy vacation this summer), but I feel like I should. Somebody just shoot me, please.

Anyhow....that's my day. How's yours???

Old 09-20-2009, 08:36 AM

Sorry to hear about your Mom Patti, I know you will do what you feel most comfortable with. She does have your sister there, right?
Can you try to feed Squeaker some white rice and a little cooked hamburg? It was something that Cassy eats when her tummy is upset. Maybe just a quarter cup to see if she is interested?

Old 09-20-2009, 08:46 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,269,134 times
I have 2 sisters back there. One lives right next door to her, so that's good, but she works all day. The other is about 30 miles away, and she said she'd come in and help mom every other day, but she's not real good at keeping promises like that.

The vet told us to stay away from beef and carbs for Squeaker for now. I've heard that about boiled hamburger w/rice before, but she said no. She told us about a food called Wellness that's supposed to be nothing but natural, high quality good stuff, so DH went out and got a few cans. It must be good, it's $1/can! So far, no luck, tho. I boiled some chicken breast in chicken broth and keep trying that, but it's a no go, too. Thanks for the thought, tho.

Old 09-20-2009, 09:14 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,242,333 times
Pattie, Wellness is an excellent food and I am happy to hear a vet recommend it over the Hills's crap they usually push. My critters ate Wellness for a couple of years and did very well on it. Nobody here carries it or they would still be eating it.

Try adding a little water to the food to make a slurry, then heat it for a few seconds in the microwave to help release the aroma. If that does not entice her to eat on her own try putting some on your finger & rubbing it under her lip. That way she has to lick it. Maybe the taste of it will encourage her to eat on her own.

Old 09-20-2009, 09:36 AM

That makes sense about the carbs, I was not thinking gall stones. Never heard of wellness, who makes it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals