Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2009, 06:14 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,128,548 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone

Happy Friday !!!

Well I think we got a couple sprinkles last night ,because the patio was wet when I let the dogs out this morning

Hey I need your "help"

I am invited to an "adoption party " tomorrow and have no idea what kind of gift to bring

Any ideas she is 12 or 13

Not sure what I am doing today yet lol any ideas ?

I guess I am idea-less today on all counts

Pattie how is Squeaker doing ?

So who all knows what they are doing today ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2009, 06:33 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,269,134 times
How about a gift card, Karla? Teens love to shop w/them. Not original, I know, but....

You have to excuse me today. I'm so tired. Squeaker threw up again all night. She seemed to be doing better when we first got her home, but she's just gotten worse. Back to the vet in about an hour. Keep the good thoughts coming.

Old 09-18-2009, 06:52 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,128,548 times
they're coming pattie tons of them

Old 09-18-2009, 07:03 AM

36,422 posts, read 16,036,192 times
Yesterday I did yoga and nothing else but house/dog/cat sit. I was up at 4AM Have no idea why and stayed up all day. Did the yoga in the afternoon, wasn't feeling so good so thought maybe it would make me feel better and it did

Happy Friday everyone!!

Old 09-18-2009, 07:04 AM

36,422 posts, read 16,036,192 times
Oh Karla, I agree 12 or 13 year olds love to shop, most of them so I think a gift card would be great!!

Old 09-18-2009, 08:08 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,242,333 times
Morning peeps!

Karla, Old Navy gift cards are a hit with kids that age. Believe it or not, Wal Mart is also a popular choice.

Pattie, did your vet not give your kitty something to settle her stomach?

Shadow & I have been for our cookie walk this morning. I am thinking about heading to the barn later to hunt mousies & ride.

No plans for the day. No projects.

I have begun to notice the leaves beginning to change. If I can find the camera maybe I will take some pics so those of you who live where it is always green can watch the process.

Old 09-18-2009, 02:10 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,269,134 times
Hi, all. Poor Squeaker spent from 9:30 this a.m. till 2:30 this p.m. at the vets getting poked, prodded, pricked and pi$$ed off. Poor baby. They x-rayed and sonogrammed her, too. Then, when they gave me the bill, they didn't charge me extra for the smelling salts. OMG, what a day. But there is good news at the end of this tunnel. Initially, they thought she had some sort of liver issue, but the sonogram revealed that it is (hold onto your hats, ladies) gall stones! Do you believe that?? They said it's very rare for cats to get them, so we won the lottery. Yeh, right. So they gave her another shot for nausea (which they did do yesterday, Evey, but it didn't last very long and she didn't keep the anti-nausea pill down that we gave her, either), gave her some water under her skin because she was rather dehydrated, ordered some special meds thru a pharmacy to melt the stones, gave us some pills for the nausea, and sent us on our merry way. We're very relieved that it's not her liver, altho the stones are irritating it, so I'm glad we caught this quickly.

She's very glad to be home and is much more active today than she has been in a while, so that's a very good thing. She's drinking water, and has shown some interest in food, but has yet to eat anything. That's ok.

Thank you all for your concern and good vibes.

Evey, any word on the showings??

We used to get the neices and nephews Visa gift cards so they could use them anywhere.

Old 09-18-2009, 02:29 PM

8,189 posts, read 31,242,333 times
Good news Pattie! Well, you know what I mean.

Word on the showings has all been great, but no offer. Nobody says "overpriced" or "yuck". Average time on the market here is 6 months. We are into month #2.

Old 09-18-2009, 04:54 PM

4,279 posts, read 10,364,520 times
Glad to hear Squeaker is on the up! It's horrible when our furry friends are under the weather.

Karla, I agree with the gift card idea too.

Hubster went riding with a buddy today. He's still out there somewhere enjoying the wind in his face (plus the occasional bug in the grill! ).
Spent all day doing piddly stuff around the house. My walks were nice though.

Hope everyone has a great evening!

Old 09-18-2009, 05:07 PM

5,453 posts, read 8,225,338 times
Evening all! Patti I am glad that you know what is wrong with Squeaker, now to have the meds begin their healing
I agree with the gift card too Karla, teens love to do their own shopping not have some older person doing it! Heck my 8 and 6 year old grandgirls want to do their own shopping!
Been a heck of a week and I am sure glad to have it over with. I have not and do not expect to exercise today, but will get up early tomorrow and hit the gym to make up for this week.
Have a great night all!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals