Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2009, 05:46 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,193,934 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone
well it was humid & sticky this morning sigh
But !!! they weather folks say the cold front is coming through today so the next 2 mornings should be low 60's

I am going to be calling the eye Dr at 8 am to see if I can get in today. It wasn't as crunchy this morning but still puffy and weepy

I am trying to stay out of the garden so the pollen won't make my eyes itchy which make me rub them and well I guess that would complicate thing

So do you all have fun things scheduled for today ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2009, 08:03 AM

4,279 posts, read 10,381,848 times
Hope you get an appointment for your poor eye.

I wouldn't call my schedule full of fun. I've got to store my garden hoses and my second rain barrel. Before I can do that I need to rearrange and sort out the shed.

It's still a little windy out, and I think we're not going to move out of the forties. Hopefully the hubster is up to a fast paced walk this morning. No idling in the cold

Old 09-29-2009, 08:07 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,302,377 times
Morning peeps!

A little on the blustery side here this morning. It is in the 40's and supposed to make it into the 50's.

Shadow, Mickey & I have been for our cookie walk this morning. Later Shadow & I will head to the barn to hunt mousies, ride, and teach PE.

I think I hear the laundry calling.......

Old 09-29-2009, 08:49 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,313,238 times
Hi, all. We're supposed to get that "cool front" later on today, which means lower humidity and slightly lower temps the next 2 days, so look out weeds!

Sun shining, it's a pretty day out there.

My BFF got home last night, so I'll be seeing her today. That's a good thing. We spoke on the phone this morning and I already had a headache from laughing too much. Ya gotta love a friend who can do that to you.

So, Karla...what's the scoop on the eye? Did you get into see the dr?

Old 09-29-2009, 01:28 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,574,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
My BFF got home last night, so I'll be seeing her today. That's a good thing. We spoke on the phone this morning and I already had a headache from laughing too much. Ya gotta love a friend who can do that to you.

So, Karla...what's the scoop on the eye? Did you get into see the dr?
What's her number? I know people who give me headaches, but it sure isn't from laughing.

Karla, you think you might have pinkeye/conjunctivitis? I believe that will go away by itself, but they can prescribe something-plus it's contagious.

Anyway, I did my 30 minute lessmore cardio. And it is about time for some good luck around here. Saturday late late, our car and truck got 'egged', yesterday I got a blouse in the mail, the plastic bag, the blouse and the cardboard backing looked like somebody took a boxcutter to it; the boat-heck I guess about all of the boats at the marina are in deep doo-doo from the wind. It blew all the water out, and some are just dangling by the ropes. Hub said it looked like a hurricane went through there. and today, I am sitting here, being good, and I hear a huge carunch BOOM-look out the window, there is a big old Fed Ex truck parked in front of my neighbor's house, and also in front of my garbage can that it just plowed over. He/she didn't even come to the door, just took off. I went and picked it up, picked up the pieces that broke off and came in and called them. So, at least we're gonna get a new garbage can. It was our nicest one too!

But I talked to Billy, and he is STILL in kuwait-but to me, that's not a bad thing at all!

Karla, check this out-or anybody, it's very cool, it tells you when you can see the shuttle and/or the ISS from where you are! I check this all the time.
I put in Jacksonville for you.
Human Space Flight (HSF) - Sightings

Old 09-29-2009, 04:57 PM

5,453 posts, read 8,241,417 times
Evening all, yes Karla what is with your eye? Hopefully you got into the eye doctor!
Well it is beautiful here, cold front came through, 54 when I left for work this morning and must have been in the mid 70's today. I saw one tree that is changing color and should be more by the end of the week. This is really my favorite time of year, as long as the rain stays away!
Have a great night all, no exercise for me but that is okay, I will make up for it tomorrow.

Old 09-29-2009, 05:07 PM

36,535 posts, read 16,116,845 times
Hi all!! Been nursing my back for a few days. Did some yoga today but lifted my pt. with a back brace on. Felt pretty good to stretch. 5 days of that was enough, will enjoy my 2 off!! Need to mow, weather has been cool and breezy, reallfeels like fall here!!

Have a great day everyone!!

Old 09-30-2009, 05:16 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,193,934 times
Morning all

Well after almost 2 hours of phone calls involving the insurance company I was able to find a good ophthalmologist that took our ins.
Actually the eye Dr our friends gave me(who didnt take our insurance) recommended the one I ened up going to at 4
wow he is terrific !!! and not only the receptionist but he also lived in Phila so there was a lot of "have you been to ____ or ___" conversation.

He said I irritated my eye which was causing the swelling and weeping he gave me drops . They also did the dilation drops ok that is a funky experience.
I liked them so much I decided to go back to have them do the glasses prescription exam even though they don't take the eye glasses exam part of my insurance so it will cost me $50 vs the $15 deductible but I am more comfortable because he is an ophthalmologist not just an optician.

Thats not till monday because they want me to clear up the "funk" first.

let me go start today ? then I will be back to chat more & start todays thread
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals