Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2009, 07:01 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,116,442 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone

wow I am really running late this morning I stayed up to watch the World Series gotta cheer on my Phillies !!!

ok so it seems we are all on the same page with getting back on track

Tet has her "whittish" ready to go

So what do you all say to a Monday start !!!

We can use the next couple days to get the "plan" ready to go
I thought it would be fun if each of us gets to pick a 10 to 15 min exercise each day

I know I won't exercise on the weekend, but some of us do which is great !!

So we have
Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday

Which day would each of you want ?
Pick one and list what exercise you want us to do that day
This would be in addition to your usual exercise or on those crazy days at least you would be doing something

We could also list any goal we want to achieve by Thanksgiving

So what do you all think ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2009, 09:52 AM

12,981 posts, read 14,532,742 times
Default ideas

On Sparkpeople there was an article and a list of 5 min. workouts-just to do a little something. I can't find the article now, but have to credit the source, so here are some of their suggestions (personally, I can't do 25 push-ups, but hey!) So, you could always do them twice! Or 3X.

Workout 1: Light jog in place (2 minutes), jump rope (2 minutes), light jog (2 minutes)

Workout 2: Sit-ups (2 minutes), 25 push-ups, sit-ups (2 minutes), 25 push-ups

Workout 3: Light jog in place (2 minutes), 1 set squats (8-12 repetitions), 1 set lunges, 1 set squats, 1 set lunges, leg stretches (2 minutes)

Workout 4: Take your dog (or just yourself!) for a quick walk around the block

Workout 5: Walk/run up and down the stairs 5 times

Workout 6: Brisk walk in place with arms pumping, knees up (3 minutes), 25 jumping jacks, brisk walk (3 minutes)

Workout 7: Light jog in place (2 minutes), fast jog in place (5 minutes), light jog in place (2 minutes)

Old 10-29-2009, 11:03 AM

these are some great ideas fuzzy !!!

Old 10-29-2009, 12:08 PM

lol I think we scared everyone away

Old 10-29-2009, 01:59 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,261,770 times
I'm just not very good at thinking things up. I have my routine and that's what I do. Sorry.

Hey, I'm psyched, tho! Went shopping with my friend Marty this morning and got some real deals. DH LOVES Law & Order - any version thereof - and, for Christmas, wants the DVD's. Well, I found the online for about $40/season. And the show's been on since 1990, so that'd be a lot of $$$, even if I only get 4 or 5 seasons. Now, why he wants the DVD's when we've already seen each episode 8 or 10 times, I don't know. But anyway, we went to BJ's and I found the original L&O for $14/season! I got the first 5 seasons of that and 2 seasons of L&O SVU for $20 each. Then we went to Beall's. I wear nothing but Croc's sandals. Love them, but haven't been able to find any in a while. Well...I found a black pair with a different style of strap (criss-cross vs. 2 straight across) in my size, on sale for 1/2 price AND I had a 20% off coupon! Woohoo! Now, it's really hard to find my size of anything on sale because I wear one of the most common sizes, and to find what I like to wear for half price??? Priceless! So it was a very productive day.

Gotta go dig something up for dinner. Have a great evening.

Old 10-29-2009, 02:01 PM

hmm, well I only did a little dancing workout, about 32 minutes with Cheryl Burke from Dancing w/the stars. Have to go over and put in a load of wash for nn, when she gets back from dr.'s appt. Feeling kind of tired and gloomy today, I wasn't earlier, but oh well. Better get over it.

What? You think mentioning exercise in the exercise thread scared everybody off? Yikes!

Old 10-29-2009, 02:21 PM

4,279 posts, read 10,362,090 times
Cruised the neighborhood this morning with the hubster and pooch. Doing a rerun this afternoon in the rain... annoying since Rusty got a bath this morning. Also did some shuttle runs up and down the stairs.

Some good ideas fuzzy.

Old 10-29-2009, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tet tea View Post
Cruised the neighborhood this morning with the hubster and pooch. Doing a rerun this afternoon in the rain... annoying since Rusty got a bath this morning. Also did some shuttle runs up and down the stairs.

Some good ideas fuzzy.
Maybe you could get one of those little papoose things to carry him in! A pooch papoose!

Old 10-29-2009, 05:19 PM

5,453 posts, read 8,222,319 times
Evening all, good plans. I won't be able to start Monday but I can Wednesday. We have an "ordered conference" we all have to go to in Montgomery so I will be eating not very healthy and def. not have time to exercise. But my doctor appointment on Wednesday will make it the best day for me to begin. I have to think about something to do at work without looking to retarded. I think maybe climb up and down the stairs might just work Thanks for the ideas.
Got word from my niece today and my brother is in stage 2 liver cancer, so it did spread and they could not get all of it out. He is beginning radiation and chemo right away. I wish a cure could be found, all of those wonderful scientific minds out there and these types of diseases cannot be eliminated from our lives.
Well have a good night all, Karla hubby was up last night too.

Old 10-29-2009, 05:55 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,261,770 times
You and your family are in my thoughts still, Sandy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals