Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2009, 05:05 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,116,442 times

Advertisements

I want to wish Evey & hubby(and the "kids") a safe trip as they being their journey back to Florida. !!!!!!!!
Are you both driving in one vehicle or will it be a caravan ?

I can not believe thanksgiving is only 3 days away we are going to my MIL so there is really nothing for me to do. lol I can put my energy & planning into Fridays shopping adventure !!!

I am having a little tummy issue this morning so am not sure what I will be doing exercise wise, not sure I want to do any "tummy shaking" ellipticalling

I really want to give the new weight bench a try but lol that will have to wait till later since it is set up in hubbys office and he might not appreciate the clanging of weights next to his head while he is working

Hopefully the contractor will be able to get here today so we can start the library to hubbys new office conversion.

I am planning on heading over to Dicks sporting goods to order my treadmill (can't let a little tummy issue get in the way of saving $$$$) the salesperson said I can get the Black Friday price early by ordering. Plus there was another $25 coupon in yesterdays paper so the $1499 treadmill which will be $499 on BF will end up costing $476 !!!

So what is on your agenda for today ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2009, 05:24 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,233,542 times
Morning peeps!

Thank you for all of the good traveling vibes! We will be taking 2 vehicles, DH will drive his van towing the cargo trailer and I will have my truck with all of the animals.

We have about an hour's worth of stuff to do around here, but have to wait on the water company to shut off the water so no telling when we will roll out. Computer will be the last thing to come down.

Shadow & I have taken a tour of the neighborhood this morning. It is 35 and I forgot what a chicken Shadow is in the dark! Fun walk.

I will check in as I can, but we are going to be living in a motel for a while.....

Old 11-23-2009, 05:32 AM

rofl anyone want to guess who will arrive first
Evey are you going directly to the motel or to your MIL's

Old 11-23-2009, 05:35 AM

I decided I need to get into the guestroom this morning it is a disaster from pulling things out of the closet to get to the xmas stuff
plus it will give me a chance to go through the "box of gifts" to see if I want to donate any to the little fundraiser we are having at the MG xmas luncheon. The proceeds will go to the JR MG program.

lol this time I know I can safely donate some of the stuff MIL gave us that we will never use because she won't be there !!!

I also have to get together with C/D to discuss the pool people. When I was over on Friday to meet with the alarm folks the back gate was left unlocked AGAIN !!! good thing I always checked before you know who realized it was open.

Old 11-23-2009, 06:13 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,261,770 times
Ooo, Karla....chasing Chaos around the neighborhood does NOT sound like a fun time. I hope your tummy feels better.

Evey...my bet is you'll arrive before the hubster. We'll be thinking of you.

Had a rough night last night, not much sleep, but I still got up and did my thing - direct route to the gym, 20 min. weights, scenic route back. I needed the peacefulness of that route this a.m. DH is clinically depressed and I was about ready to make him sleep under the house with the spiders and other critters last night. He does seem to be doing better today, though. SOmetimes it's difficult to understand that it's a disease and not a choice. Makes ya wanna slap him up 'side of his head with a 2 x 4. And we have lots of those out in the garage. Anywayy.......

It's off to Costco and Publix for the Great T'giving grocery grab this a.m. Have a wonderful day, all. ANd thanks for letting me vent! Hugs.

Oh, hey...what is everyone doing for T'giving?

Old 11-23-2009, 07:23 AM

Pattie I am sorry hubby is struggling I have a family member that also has dperession and it can be trying

I will be plotting my Black Friday shopping trip
I spread out all the ads and list the stuff we don't want to miss

oh yeah will be eating turkey at MILs she decided that this year she s only going to make a turkey breast I think she forgot her son only likes the dark turkey meat

Hubbys birthday is the 1st so she wants to celebrate it and give him his presents on Thanksgiving

Old 11-23-2009, 09:04 AM

4,279 posts, read 10,362,090 times
Good luck Evey. Hopefully the roads won't be too congested.

Sorry to hear your hubby is dealing with depression, Pattie. Not nice, but he's lucky that he has such a wonderful wife by his side. That can make all the difference sometimes!

It's very damp and foggy out today. I looked like I'd been walking in the rain when I got home. It was a nice walk though.

Had a rough night myself. It's amazing how one person can really throw you off balance with something so small... or maybe I just need to be more vocal, and tell them where the short pier is! Oh well, life is just too short to dwell...

Hope your tummy issue goes away, Karla. Try some peppermint tea.

Old 11-23-2009, 11:36 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,261,770 times
Aren't MIL's special???
Tet, sorry you had a bad night, too. People.

Old 11-23-2009, 01:30 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,532,742 times
Well, I just wrote a post and somehow it didn't go. Hmm...anyway I did the super hard KMA workout--anaerobic weights, etc.

Have a good day everyone. Karla, your MIL could buy a couple turkey drumsticks for your hubby, that could work right?

Old 11-24-2009, 04:12 AM

4,279 posts, read 10,362,090 times
Hey folks, today is the hubster's birthday, so I'm going to head up north a day early to surprise him. Won't be online for a while... but you can bet I'll be getting lots of exercise while stomping through the woods! Hope the wolves don't get me! Maybe I'll be lucky enough to get a few photos of them though.

Keep up the good work, and just for good measure... whitisssh!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals