Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2009, 04:57 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,033,908 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone
Happy Friday !!!

Yay I am going to the dentist this morning
Can you sense my "excitement" or should it be "smell the fear"
I am trying a new Dentist, when I asked if the office uses the "laughing gas" they said no but they have the new Dental sedation relaxation meds and they also have almost soundless drills or as they call them "hand equipment" Yeah right like giving it a new name is going to make a difference

ROFL can you tell I am a Dental weenie
Depending on what they have to do with the tooth I broke the piece off of I may opt for the sedation pill since there is no way I can have them drilling away without the gas to keep the nerves at bay and because I get so nervous I wear off the Novocaine in 30 mins.

Before I head there at 10 I have to meet the pressure wash guy at C/D house at 9. lol after everything that was done yesterday he may not recognize the place. I know it is going to look great for his company.
I put a few more hours in than normal but because he has company I won't have to go over to let my buddy out while he's at work this weekend.
Though the new motion outside decorative lights are being delivered today so hubby may go over to install them. There really nice looking hang on,let me see if I can find a picture
Here you go
Bronze 1 Light Lantern with Copper Foiled Glass and Motion Detector - 7263M-21 at The Home Depot

lol I am very excited about them because now when I pull in to the driveway at night the lights will go on in case I forget to leave the front light on when I am over in the afternoon.

So what are your plans for today ?

lol anyone want to switch places with me ?????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2009, 07:25 AM

4,279 posts, read 10,343,370 times
Nice light Karla. I wish you were my neighbor! Have fun at the dentist

Got to do a lot of running around this morning. Unfortunately it involves Wally World again... My hubster actually wants to come with me... he's such a glutton for punishment.

Will be heading out for a walk in the snow in a few.

Have a wonderful day everyone, and I hope you're feeling a little better today Sandy.

Old 12-04-2009, 08:06 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,202,722 times
Not much better but the work day will be over in 8 more hours:~( Then I can go home and try the rice sock and ice bag, works good for relaxing the muscles that are pinched, but this time it feels like it is all the way down my spine. Yikes:~(
Nice lights Karla, C/D must feel like his older sister lives across the street with how good you are to him.
I hope all goes well at the dentist, I am like that also. I hate the sound of the drill and the smell of the dentist office. Does not matter how nice they are, I fall apart.
Well I just dropped in for a few so best get back to work.

Old 12-04-2009, 08:35 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,166,083 times
Morning peeps!

Lots of running around to do today. Here in a minute I am going to head out to the barn where I want to keep my horse & see if I can afford it. Later off to find a steam cleaner for thge carpet in the new house, which we think just needs to be cleaned. Then try to squeeze some Christmas shopping in.....

Old 12-04-2009, 08:46 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,204,584 times
Hi, all. Good luck with the dentist, Karla. I have a really good looking one now, so I don't mind so much any more!

Just got back from picking up a couple of gifts for DH. The other day, he mentioned he wanted a scanner to transfer his 35mm slides (remember them?) to photos. I'd never heard of that, but the next day, we got a BJ's flyer that has one! So I went to BJ's, and they're out, but "you can call us every day because we get trucks all the time and we'll check to see if they're here." Yeh, right. So I just went online and ordered it directly from them. It's going to cost an extra $8 for shipping, but it's worth it to keep my frustration level down. I think I'm almost done now. Woopee!

DH and I both worked out today. I walked him to the gym, we both did 15 or 20 min. weight stuff (I forgot to see what time we got there), then we took the direct route back.

Have a great day, all. Feel better, Sandy.

Old 12-04-2009, 10:21 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,033,908 times
Hey all well back form the Dentist
I am going to need a crown on the tooth I cracked but because I was not aware that they do not have headphones or TV in addition to the no gas they were unable to do anything today
We are going to go with the oral sedation ie Valium and I will be bringing my own headphones & MP3 player

They are very very nice, the assistant is from NJ so I think I am going to be ok rofl famous last words

the pressure washer guy did a terrific job on C/D deck of course he came after the new pool person so he pushed a few bits back in the pool

waiting on the delivery of the new door

pattie I saw that slide scanner thingy I think it is also a fast way to scan photos it looks very very cool

oo evey I love my carpet cleaner I think it is the Bissel twin V that blows hot air to help dry the carpet
To bad I don't live closer I love cleaning the carpets !!!

Sandy I am sorry your still having problems can you call the DR for some muscle relaxers to help relive the spasms

Sue SNOW !!! I use to love walking in the snow it is one of those gray over cast days that if I were up north I would say "Yup we are going to have snow"

ok off to eat lol I was anxious this morning so didnt eat but now that they didn't do anything I am in the clear !!!

Old 12-04-2009, 11:13 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,204,584 times
Glad today's visit wasn't so bad, Karla. You'll be fine. If I could afford it, I'd have all my teeth capped.

Hey, Karla...maybe you could drive down to Evey's new house, stay overnight, do her carpets, then drive down here and do mine, stay overnight and then head back north. Sounds like a good idea to me. How about you, Evey??

Old 12-04-2009, 11:29 AM

12,981 posts, read 14,491,671 times
Today I did the killer Jillian Michaels Boost Metabolism workout. Man, I'm too old for this.

I had a tooth filled a few weeks ago, and I've only ever had maybe 3 fillings prior, but anyway, he did the drill, then he did that jackhammer kind of thing, and then after I got home, it felt funny and when I chewed it hurt. Went back for something else and mentioned it and they took an xray, but didn't see anything, naturally. Said oh your tooth might be cracked and we just can't see it, you might need a crown. I felt like saying it was FINE until you drilled the $h*t out of it. When you don't have dental insurance, they can charge whatever they want, we can't do the 'usual customary, reasonable' the way insurance companies can. Just another way to inflict pain.

Ah well, another one of the joys of getting old. Have a good Friday everybody.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals