Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2009, 04:58 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,263,356 times

Advertisements

I just received some sad news that a family friend passed away yesterday. He was one of the good guys. It's funny, I was just telling a story about him the other day. We were cooking for the first ever K of C community T'giving dinner and the local tv station came along to film. We'd just pulled a couple of the turkeys out of the oven and they were filming John as he stuck the spoon into the bird to pull out the stuffing. Well, whoever had cooked that particular turkey had left the giblets inside the bag and inside the turkey. He pulled the spoon out and Voila! There was the giblet bag! The look on his face was priceless. I ended up rolling on the floor, I was laughing so hard. Everytime I saw him after that, I'd bring it up. Yep. One of the good guys.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2009, 05:23 PM

5,453 posts, read 8,223,019 times
Sorry Patti, I have lost family and friends and it is never easy. Let the memories take over............

Old 12-14-2009, 03:58 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,118,863 times
thanks for starting the thread pattie I am sorry to hear about your friend it sounds like you have many wonderful memories

Well I got a lot done yesterday some of it quite funny, on our way to breakfast I stopped at C/D as usual to let my buddy out I saw a different SUV in the driveway but didn't give it a second thought because I had sent him a text the day before letting him know I was picking up dog food since it was low and would be letting him out in the morning as usual. So I go in open the door to let chaos out and he ran into the family room to the outside door but made a quick stop by the couch "Hello " !!! rofl there was a person sleeping on the couch
I said "um I'm here to let the dog out" and quietly opened the door and out we went. Went back in and got him a treat put him in his crate and out I went.
lol I have a feeling the friend might of thought he had a strange dream. After we finished breakfast with a quick stop at Home Depot,walmart,pet smart & the liquor store we headed home. I had hubby drive past C/D house because if the car was gone I was going to drop off the food OMG lol there were 2 people leaving the house !!! I sent C/D a text teasing him " I know know you don't read all of my texts" which if his freind didn't remember seeing me probably confused him

So then while hubby worked in the "santa's woodshop" I got to work on the Christmas cards while listening to the game. I always print labels because my handwriting sucks , well the printer was acting up so I rebooted my computer so it would reconnect to the wireless printer oops I ended up printing 5 !! sheets of labels instead of 1 so I now have labels for the next 4 years of Christmas cards

I started a new batch of pineapple infused vodka which should be ready right around Christmas eve !!!

So all in all it was a pretty good day

lol on our way to my dental torture this morning if the red suv is gone I am going to drop the food of course that is after ringing the doorbell to make sure there are no "surprises" even though I have to admit it was a pretty nice looking surprise !!!

Old 12-14-2009, 05:58 AM

Karla....was he "nekked"???

Old 12-14-2009, 07:06 AM

LOL...someone nameless gave me a rep and asked if they showed my friend pulling giblets out of the cooked turkey on the news, as it would have made a great blooper. They were kind to him and didn't show it. I guess they didn't want to discourage anyone from coming to the dinner! Thanks for the smile, whoever you were.

Old 12-14-2009, 07:10 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,118,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
Karla....was he "nekked"???

rofl thank heavens he didn't get up because you never know he might of been
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals