Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2009, 04:39 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,107,768 times

Advertisements

morning all

Happy Saturday !!

6 shopping days to go
Hubby just went out to "Santa's workshop" to get some more work done on this years Christmas boxes. Time crunch because 3 of them have to be in the mail on Monday if they are to get to PA in time
They have a really cool ribbon design handle on top he is using zebra wood for 2 of them, birds eye maple for 3 of them and lol I am not sure what the wood is on the other 2 but it is pretty

I have no idea what I am going to do today I am going to try not to be whinny because I don't want coal in my stocking so maybe I will just take my meds and
try to relax

How is everyone doing on their 6 day out Christmas schedule ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2009, 05:18 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,256,282 times
Good morning and happy Saturday. I hope everyone's safe and sound at home, watching the snow from inside. Wow...1-2 feet of snow in the DC area???? Amazing.

We're all set for Christmas. Everything's wrapped and under the tree. I'll be making a pumpkin cheesecake sometime this week. Wish me luck, I've never made a cheesecake before. This is supposed to be a copycat of the Cheesecake Factory's recipe. I sure hope it tastes like it.

Karla, those boxes sound beautiful. can we get pictures??

DH is headed to the fleamarket to look for books. I'm headed to the coffee with new nutcase neighbor. Her husband left for Michigan yesterday morning, so she asked if I'd pick her up on my way by. bummer. Oh, well. I'll probably have juicy new stories or, more likely, listen to the old one recycled once again. It's Christmas. I guess I can be nice this one day.

Enjoy, all.

Old 12-19-2009, 05:29 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,220,186 times
I'm getting my hair done today and maybe getting out to see if I can find any specials for myself. I need new sweaters and some jeans, maybe a few pair of pants and hummmm a new pair of black shoes to replace the ones that my daughter's dog, Parker, chewed! So it is a me day, no cleaning at all!
Karla how are you feeling? I'm sorry you had to miss your party last night, I hope the mouth is mending.
Whew, I have been up since 2:30 am! I heard some loud tire squealing last night and a few minutes later a lot of loud yelling! Well I got up and looked out the window and about 5 men were beating up another man and telling him "drop it #$*&", the guy who was getting beat up was yelling "don't kill me". Well I got on the phone and called the local police but by the time they got here it had broke up and the one who was being beat on was limping away (and as far as I know the police did not catch him). Now we had 4 cop cars here in our quiet little area and the police appeared to be talking to the other guys who were doing the beating. After a bit all left but one and when he left it was 3:30. I'm guessing someone got caught stealing from the wrong person and justice was served in their fashion! If I am right I am guessing this guy is not going to come over this way to steal again!
Anyway I have been up and down since then, at 5:30 I gave up and got up.
Any of our group experiencing this snow fall that is on the news?

Old 12-19-2009, 07:32 AM

Sandy, enjoy your "me day". It's always good to have one of those now and again.

Well, I did the right thing, even tho I didn't want to. I went to pick up NNN at 7:25, which is exactly when I told her I'd be there. Went up to the door, her 2 miniature poodles (or toy, not sure which - it's the really small ones) started yapping their stupid little heads off, but I still rang the bell. More yapping, no NNN. A couple of minutes later, I knocked. Still yapping, still no NNN. After a total of 5 minutes of listening to yapping, I left. I was a little worried because she is a bit "off", and I didn't want her to be hurt or anything. When I came back from the coffee, I thought about stopping by to see if she was ok, and she was outside, so I stopped. "Oh, is today Saturday???" OK, that happens. But I think it'll be the last time I stop by to pick her up.

Old 12-19-2009, 08:29 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,226,172 times
Morning peeps!

Shadow & I have been for a quick walk this morning. The sun is shining, it is 62 degrees, and Shadow is W-I-L-D. She dragged me around! I think I see a trip to the dog park in my immediate future.

Currently doing laundry. Ugh! There are 2 piles of it, both of them bigger than I am. DH used all of the towels, blankets, & sheets as moving pads. I think it will take about 3 days to catch up to all of it.

I am skipping Christmas this year. I just don't have it in me.

Old 12-19-2009, 12:22 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,527,800 times
I tried to do a little workout today,but then Billy came on. He's in kuwait, so at least that leg of the journey is over.

Well, Evey, you'll still have the joy of going to MIL's won't you? Or won't you? I was thinking of sticking some Christmas cards in the suitcase so I can 'decorate' our hotel room! Better than nothing. Barely!

Have a good day everyone!

Old 12-19-2009, 01:05 PM

Oh, but think of the wonderful present you'll get to "unwrap" soon. One big, hunky soldier. Give him a hug for all of us, ok? I'm so happy he's on his way.

Old 12-19-2009, 01:20 PM

5,453 posts, read 8,220,186 times
Fuzzy you must be beside yourself in excitement! I'm so happy for you!
Evey I guess the best Christmas present you will get is to be settled in!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals