Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2010, 04:43 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,118,863 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone
Happy Tuesday

Those are the words that came out of my mouth when I went outside with the dogs this morning
A wind had come from somewhere and a few of the sheets had blown off some of the plants.

I just checked and the news is showing 27 with a W/C of 18

I have a feeling the citrus have taken a hit though I am more concerned with the 2 huge jade plants on the screenroom (sheets blew off of one) I am going to have to get a heat lamp under them tonight
This crap is suppose to continue til next Tuesday. This coming Saturday morn could hit 21

Our houses are not insulated as well as the ones up north, some of the walls feel cold, so the heater has just been running and running

ok thanks for letting me vent

I will be heading to the workout room in a bit the weight bench is still under a bunch of stuff so it will be me & the treadmill

What is on you list today ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2010, 07:12 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,263,356 times
Good morning, all.

Yep, it's BAEC Day here in Pine Lakes! I had to laugh, Karla. There would be no doors taken off to get this thing in the house...there'd be a wall removed! They called and said they'd be here "sometime between 3:30 and 6:30." I just love that.

DH and I did our Tuesday walk, did about 3 miles.

Gotta run. He's out there, getting the LR ready for our new addition, so I'd best go help.

Hugs, all.

Old 01-05-2010, 07:38 AM

we are all so excited to see the BAEC !!!!
if you email me pictures I will post them for you

2.25 miles at 3.2 mph done
I raised the elevation to 1.5

My goal by next week is a 15 min mile
right now I am at about a 20 min mile

Old 01-05-2010, 08:02 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,235,578 times
Morning peeps!

It is 40 here right now, but at my old house it is 12 with a wind chill of -3. The forecast there is for freezing drizzle & continuous 20 mph wind.

I have been fighting a cold for the last couple of days. Shadow & I slept in this morning and DH took her for her walk. I may just not do a whole lot today.

Old 01-05-2010, 08:32 AM

The photo probably won't happen for a day or two, cuz hubster has to put the stuff together and it may take a while. We'll see. Who knows?? Maybe I'll be surprised!

DH and I were cleaning the space out and getting the floor cleaned. He looked at the wall and said, "I really hope I measured that right!" Uh oh.

I hope you feel better soon, Evey. BTW, are you responsible for bringing all this cold air down here? It seems to me it was nice and warm till you got here.

Old 01-05-2010, 10:14 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,235,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post

are you responsible for bringing all this cold air down here? It seems to me it was nice and warm till you got here.
Sure, blame it on me if it makes you feel better. The weatherman here is blaming it on Canada.

Old 01-05-2010, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
DH and I were cleaning the space out and getting the floor cleaned. He looked at the wall and said, "I really hope I measured that right!" Uh oh.

uh oh

Evey I hope your feeling better soon

I told my neighbor the weather is her fault she was in NC skiing and had snow & ice storms and I know she brought it back with her

Old 01-05-2010, 01:47 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,533,906 times
The weathermen up here are saying we might not hit freezing for quite a while, as in get that WARM

Karla, what about your elliptical? You have that as an option too right? Just wondered. As for sheets-it's funny, I had a whole bunch to donate to Easter Seals one year, and it rained every time they were supposed to come, and boy did those same sheets come in handy for covering all our plants a couple years ago!

Anyway, I did the 30 minute lessmore cardio while Billy was out lunching with his cousins. Now, it's time to get moving. Have a good day everyone.

Old 01-05-2010, 02:34 PM

Well, the BAEC has arrived and it will be nice. Did you notice I said "WILL be"???? We ordered this monster 3 weeks ago. The Christmas decorations have been down since Saturday and he decides TODAY, AFTER the BAEC has been delivered that he should really paint the wall where it's going to go so that he won't have to take it all down and paint behind it later. Men. So, 1st thing tomorrow a.m. we will go and get some paint to do "just that wall". Which means the BAEC and the living room will not be together for at least two days.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Old 01-05-2010, 02:44 PM

yikes pattie where is it "living for the time being ? I have this mental picture of you guys having to climb over and around it

Fuzzy yeah I still have the hated elliptical hubby "claims" he will use it but so far he hasn't been near the weight bench hmmmmm lol

also fuzzy check your in box I sent you a DM

I am going to go out an take pictures of my sheet sculptures the wind has kicked up again so I have refastened them for the 3rd time
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals