Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2007, 08:10 AM

4,610 posts, read 11,102,010 times

Advertisements

Happy Memorial Day!!!

My husband and I planned to go out on our boat today but it is going to rain again here (rained all last week and will rain all this week). Sooo, we have no plans as of yet. I miss the beach.

But I did walk on the treadmill this morning for 15 minutes.

Pixie Dust, I just said a prayer for your sister and a prayer for you, hoping your home sells soon.

Have a great day everyone!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2007, 09:19 AM

Location: Boonies of Georgia ~~~~ nuttier than a squirrel turd !
1,950 posts, read 5,160,169 times
Yesterday, kinda took it a bit easy.
Walked the our new land (5 acres) with the dogs about 5 times so they can get familiar with the area. Lots of squats, picking stuff up. Walked lots of stairs and hurdles the new deck framing everyother minute.
Still sore, second day pains hurt!
Today, I am hanging back fora bit to get caught up on the laundry. Then I'll be heading out to cook for the hard working boys.
Gonna try to get them to take me to the river. I'd go by myself but in order to get to the spot I want, we will have to drive thru a low portion of the river. I'll let "my love" take me thru first. Gotta love 4 wheel drive!
Anxious to see what our new neighbors will be doing today.
Have a great day all !
q

Old 05-28-2007, 09:37 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,360,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tet tea View Post
I'm keeping all you home sellers in my prayers! I'll be buying one in the next few months. At least I'll make someone happy out there!

Busy, busy, busy again today.

Tomorrow is moving day so I am saying a fond temporary farewell to the best folks on CDF ... the fitness threaders! Not sure when I'll be back online but believe me I'll be bouncing around somewhere working those lbs away.

Hope everyone keeps up the pace.

Enjoy Memorial Day and keep our Men and Women of the Armed Services close to your heart.

TTFN

oh, she'll be back/ heehee

Old 05-28-2007, 10:00 AM

1,226 posts, read 3,645,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinderobyn View Post
Gotta go to Wal Mart and get some things....

Epiphany! Wal MArt on Memorial day has got to be exercise!!!!
I wish I had a Walmart to go to...I've been sitting on my lazy butt all day, besides from running up and down the stairs from my locker to the room in which me and my class had the final chemistry test today...I forgot the calculator, and then the formula book without which the test is impossible to pass...Oh, and my pencil too. Guess if I felt ready...
And then I ran to the bus.
It's raining, so I can't mown the lawn...Any suggestions for what to do a rainy afternoon with about three hours left of sunlight?
P.S. I'm waiting for a call, so I have about two hours left...

Old 05-28-2007, 10:36 AM

5,765 posts, read 11,373,540 times
Pretty low key exercise day today. Went jogging for about 40 minutes this morning to get warmed up for the day. Yesterday I felt like a rest day, so rest day it was. Had to do some bicycle maintenance to keep the machines ready for some more use and abuse.

This afternoon I'll drive up to Long Beach to visit my one of my cousins. We are going to an old cemetery to the graves of our great grandparents. The trick will be to see if we can find the site, haven't been there in decades.

Enjoy a nice and peaceful memorial day everyone.

Old 05-28-2007, 10:46 AM

12,981 posts, read 14,533,906 times
Got mine finished. OH-Pixie-get there early for the graduation-i forgot about the fact that people can (and do!) save pretty much a whole ROW of seats and you don't want to get separated! And q, baby, the second day is always the worst, soreness-wise, to me it is anyway always has been.
Sweden, you could always do some regular exercises like push-ups, jumping jacks [or as they are called in the army "side straddle hops"], crunches, oh-that sidebendywaist thing takes a while, to get a workout in and pass the time! I hope everybody has a really good day, yummy food, all that good stuff!!Have a Happy Memorial Day.

Old 05-28-2007, 10:48 AM

179 posts, read 784,326 times
Good day all! Tecnically, I am working - full time real estate agent - so I am always working. I did my floor routine, weighted leg lifts (front, back, inner and outter) and some crunches, about 100. Also used that weighted exercise stick to do arm exercises - something to take my mind off the leg pain. I'm now using my exercise ball as a chair. So don't make me laugh too much or I'll fall off the ball. I think the rocking front and back is helping with the knee flexibility issues. I seem to be rather stiff legged since my knee operations.

Have a nice Memorial day!

Old 05-28-2007, 11:02 AM

1,226 posts, read 3,645,810 times
Thanks for the tip Fuzzymystic!
Well, I've now been off the chair and tried to showel back some of that dirt that's been dug up in the garden...My arms are hurting and my back is killing me! Oh, why does exercise have do be so cruel...?
Ufg! I sure broke some sweat, and I feel exhausted! Remind me that next time the well breaks, I'll make my brothers do the hard labour...
Have a great day everyone!

Oh, and Karla...As a poor student, I don't have any money, but the garden sure looks horrible! Maybe you could have Rance take that "free airplane" of his and you all could come down here? Pleeeease?!

Old 05-28-2007, 11:14 AM

1,703 posts, read 5,143,085 times
Wow! we sure got some early birds here. I'm gonna have to get my butt going! hey karla get that whip crackin'!

Went for a 50 min. walk this morning pushing both kids with my friend and her son's. Her one son was riding a bike so we didn't go at a very fast pace. I finished my ab and strength exercises but am gonna try to get some treadmill in later when the kiddies are sleeping. Hubby's uncle brought a chocolate cream pie for dessert sat.......oh my! I've never really been a pie person especially chocolate pie (but yes ladies I do love my chocolate! ) Can someone say sinful!!!

Good luck with your house pixie! and prayers to you and your sis!

Old 05-28-2007, 01:11 PM

4,273 posts, read 15,253,371 times
Hi guys! I did 2 miles on the treadmill today and then weights. My Mom is here visiting and she's teaching me how to make dumplings from scratch. Now THAT was a friggin' workout too!! Man, I never knew so much went into making dumplings! All right, happy Memorial Day to all!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals