Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2010, 04:42 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,118,863 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone
Happy Sunday
Wow I just looked at the weather map it looks like a band of rain is stretching from north to south starting in the central states heading east. So most of us might be having a spring showers day

I decided to meet our friends for breakfast this morning I can order a big bowl of grits and as long as I keep the talking to a minimum I should be ok

Today is C/D's birthday when I spoke to him last night I asked what he was doing to celebrate and he said he was having a party !! I joked where is my invite he said come on down lol TX is a little far for last minute party plans
I think I may have a couple birthday hats somewhere around here I think I am going to put one on you know who and take a picture

I see a stop at HD on our way home I want to get some more spring annuals for my hanging baskets to get some color in the gardens.

So what fun Sunday plans do you have ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2010, 05:42 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,223,019 times
Morning Karla! Morning girls.
Spring showers here today too. Cassy and I were out early this morning and missed most of them, just a light sprinkle then but raining now. I guess my day will be Church and cleaning up the house. Laundry is involved at some point too.
My little grandson is one today! I can't wait to see his birthday pics posted later today! They grow so fast that I can't believe he is already one!
Going to drop in on the ? of the day, been awhile.
See all later, have a good one.

Old 03-21-2010, 06:32 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,263,356 times
Karla, tell C/D we all wish him a HB too. Enjoy your grits. They're not on my list of edibles!

Sandy, a whole year already. He's getting to be such a little man, I'm sure.

Yeh, we're going to get rain, too. It's already clouding up out there. And I was hoping for a pool day today. Bummer. I'm on my way to hang out a load of sheets. Today was strip the bed day. Didn't I just discover that one of the cats threw up all over the quilt?? TG it was on this quilt; the one I took off after my sister left is a dry clean only. This one, I can throw in the washer. I can't tell you the last time I went to a dry cleaner. They still have them, don't they???

So, once I hang out the clothes, I'm going over to M&D's for coffee and these wonderful Tres Leches Almond muffins that DH made yesterday. Man, he was a cookin' fool. He started with plantains, which we'll never have again. Nothing like a dried-up, tough banana I always say. Ick. Then he saved himself by making ruebens on our new panini grill that sis gave us. Yummo. I'll never buy a rueben in a restaurant again, these were so good. Then he made the muffins, which are to die for.

Anyway...gotta run. Catch y'all later.

Old 03-21-2010, 07:08 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,223,019 times
I always wondered about plantains, guess it will not be on my list of things to try (it looks too hard to peel them)!
Ruebens sound good, could not get hubby to eat one though.

Old 03-21-2010, 07:51 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,235,578 times
Morning peeps!

Well, somebody didn't seem to care one bit if her toes got wet this morning. Ugh! Raining and the wind is a howlin' out there & my silly dog wanted to go investigate all of the storm drains. *shakes head*

If plantains are cooked right they are yummy! I like them sauteed in butter & brown sugar. Mmmmmm, soft & sweet. I have also had them mashed, which wasn't too bad but I would never choose them to replace potatoes with my pot roast. I also like plantain chips.

Not much on my list for today. The race is on at 1 and I am sure I will be parked in front of it.

Old 03-21-2010, 08:40 AM

Sandy, I wouldn't try a reuben till oh, maybe 15 years ago because I don't like corned beef or sauerkraut! But the combination is soooo good together, once you add in the 1000 Island dressing, that is.

Evey, I hope your guy wins.

Old 03-21-2010, 09:01 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,118,863 times
Happy birthday wishes to your grandson Sandy
We hope you will share a birthday picture or 2

Pattie I will pass on the rubens but would gladly take the muffins !! I love almond anything !!

lol evey what does shadow expect to find in the storm drains
my 2 are not rain fans they run out do their business then run in and roll on the carpet

I ended up having eggs and pancakes soft & easy to chew ate about half
We stopped at HD they were having a good plant sale I got "6 plant flats" 2 for $1.48
So I ended up with a total of 10 flats petunias,marigolds,begonias and one other type. I got the petunias planted into hanging baskets before the rain started If we get a break in the rain I will run out and get the marigolds in the bed by the end of the driveway they will look nice with the day lilies that are already in there

The weather is perfect for movie day we have 2 All About Steve and Did You Hear About the Morgans?
Last week we watched Old dogs and Julie & Julia they were both good

Old 03-21-2010, 11:56 AM

7,395 posts, read 19,342,692 times
Hi everyone,

I love grits but it's been a long time since I've had them but I used to put butter on them.
Happy Birthday to your grandson, cassy.

I walked outside for about a mile today and that's all I seem to handle right now. I seem to get tired so easily but that will pass.
Nothing going on today so I'll watch a movie or something. Got to go tomorrow and have my chemo port put in which means another day without drinking something in the morning.

Old 03-21-2010, 12:34 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,533,906 times
Last night I did some arm exercises and a few other ones, but that was it. Looks like dh is sticking around again, his bff left for Florida this morning, but right now he has company. I can't work out when he's here.

I like Russian dressing on a Reuben. The sweet/peppery/tanginess of it really goes well with the saurekraut and the swiss and rye and, well all of it! But, all that fat and sodium, well, there's no more Reubens in this house.

Don't know what's in store for us, but I better go find something to do...

Have a good day everyone.

Old 03-21-2010, 01:21 PM

I know, fuzzy. We shouldn't be eating them either.

Cheryl, you'll gain more strength each day, I'm sure. Keep on trying, girl.

Gotta run. Thunderboomer coming in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals