Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2010, 07:47 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,065,909 times

Advertisements

We had a bunch of rain come through last night which helped to wash away some of the pollen

It should be a beautiful sunny day here in NE FL

I didn't get up till 7:15 and had to meet the pool lady at C/D house So I am running behind

I have a 10:30 f/u apt at the Dentist but then I should be done with him for 6 weeks till we start step 2 in the implant process

Not sure what else is on today's list I think I am going to decide when I get home

What is on your list for today ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2010, 07:53 AM

13,608 posts, read 5,374,162 times
Hi Karla and all those to follow...

Finally Friday, yippie!

Up till now the sun was shining but right with the beginning of the weekend clouds are coming in from the west and rain is expected for the whole weekend buhu
It can rain all it want from Monday till Thursday but then it has to stop abruptly b/c we're taking DS and my parents on a weekend trip to a farm over Easter. I guess it'll be a pleasure for DS and for us when watching him play with the sheep and collect eggs from the chicken...

Shoe shopping for DS planned for this afternoon. Friends will come over at 8 p.m. (although I believe they won't be on time lol) which is in 5 hours. We'll have a nice chat and a glass of whine.

Maybe I squeeze in some exercises but probably I'll be a lazy dog today.

Happy Friday!

Old 03-26-2010, 07:58 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,192,435 times
Morning peeps!

Rain here last night as well. It is now 68, humid, and heavy overcast.

Shadow & I have been for a short walk this morning. Wet toes, oh no! Later we will hit the dog park.

Things went well at the oral surgeon yesterday. 2 teeth out in under 20 minutes.

Old 03-26-2010, 10:32 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,227,048 times
Yay, Evey! And is DH being good???

Wow, is it humid here today! We had some rain this morning and it's just gray and ooky out there right now.

Bumper update: Took her to the vet this a.m. They wanted to do xrays. It looks like she "caught" gallstones from her sister. The fill-in vet wants to talk to the "normal" vet on Monday when she comes back, tho, before they do anything else. They gave her another shot for her nausea and gave us some pills for her, too.

That's about all that's going on right now. DH is making noises about not going north because of Bumper. Cross your fingers...I need some "me" time!

Old 03-26-2010, 10:37 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,210,379 times
Awwww hubby wants to stay home because of your fur baby, I think that is sweet but boy do I understand the me time I am about ready to sent hubby to his parents house for a few days.
At work right now and nothing in my near future with the exercise word in it, might take a walk at lunch tho, it is real pretty out!
Have a good friday all.

Old 03-26-2010, 12:19 PM

evey wow 20 mins !!! Maybe I needed to go to one of those next time
Is he behaving and taking his pills

Back from my follow up dentist apt
He said I was healing beautifully !! yay I told him I has reduced my talking as per his instructions
rofl I was so waiting to hear the " I told you so from him"

They wanted to schedule the implant post surgery for May 12th
I said yeah that's not going to work my big 4-H Fundraiser is on the 15th and due to previous history they aren't getting near me between May 1st & 15th
And the rocket scientist at the front desk said well can't you just sit quietly at the event
I explained "I am not a guest I am running the event hence the "My big fundraiser statement "
So June 16th is step 2

oh I finally found out why I was having more issues that expected the surgeon said she didn't want to do the implant until June because there was a cyst up there she removed and wants more healing time
Thats why I had so much pain & swelling cause of all the extra "work"

Pattie ahh he is such a good daddy but as someone whos hubby works from home 4 days a week I get what you are saying

Today is another computer class in our livingroom

So I am going to go and dig in the dirt
I stopped on my way home at Target to get tissues and laundry detergent and came home with 3 plants so gonna go put them in new homes

Old 03-26-2010, 01:35 PM

5,453 posts, read 8,210,379 times
Oh joy guess who is visiting at work today? Ruby our little rescue dog! Her "mom" had court today and ruby is still experiencing some anxiety about being left alone so I volunteered to "babysit". Lol Beth and I are both going out this weekend and getting Ruby treats to have at work, seriously this puppy needs a chew toy! Anyway I am having a fun afternoon

Old 03-26-2010, 01:38 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,507,451 times
Dang, Karla, I don't know about some of your abbreviations--took me a sec to figure out the f/u appt. with your dentist! And they just now told you they removed a cyst? That's odd. I'd be asking some questions.

I did the goofy 'Last Chance' workout with Jillian Michaels again today. Yikes is it tough!

Well, this computer is giving me some trouble so have a good Friday everyone. Pattie, I really hope your kitty feels better so your husband can take his trip! I do a little happy dance myself when dh goes bye-bye for a while, and here I thought it was just me!

Oh Sandy how fun! Enjoy

Old 03-26-2010, 02:42 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,227,048 times
Someone asked me to share this recipe, so I thought I'd share it with the whole crew:

As requested:

Almond-Tres Leches Muffins

1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
2/3 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
2 eggs
2 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/3 cup sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated)
1/3 cup milk
3/4 cup sliced almonds
additional sweetened condensed milk (1/4 cup)

Heat oven to 400 F. Grease 12 regular size muffin cups w/shortening or line w/paper cups.

In lg. bowl, beat butter and sugar w/electric mixer on med. speed until smooth. Beat in almond extract and eggs. With spoon, stir in flour, baking powder, 1/3 cup condensed milk, whipping cream, milk and 1/2 cup of the almonds, just until moistened. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups (3/4 full). Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup almonds evenly over batter in cups.

Bake 15-20 min. or until light golden brown. Remove muffins from pan to cooling rack. Cool 10 minutes. Drizzle 1 teaspoon additional sweetened condensed milk over top of each muffin. Serve warm.

DH forgot to drizzle the milk after they were cooked, but they were still very good and quite moist.

I know, Fuzzy, I love him dearly, but I do enjoy a little time to myself and, with the both of us retired, I seldom get any.

Sandy, Have fun with rescue doggie.

Old 03-27-2010, 05:50 AM

Thanks for the recipe Pattie
I am adding some of missing the ingredients to todays shopping list

Fuzzy, lol though I meant followup but once the pain hit full force I am sure I couldof come up with a different meaning
I think I remember her saying something about the infection she found, but I was so "goofy" from the pills I don't remember what else she may of said
lol I jokingly told the Dentist " I bet she wanted to get out of the room fast before I had a chance to "discuss" the "what part of no shots in the roof of my mouth" did she not remember

I think when I go back for the implant post surgery I am going to ask her to go over everything with my hubby before we leave
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals