Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 06:13 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,107,768 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone

Happy Wednesday !!

it is sooo nice here this morning 47 heading up to 72

though I will not be out enjoying this weather because I have less than 3 weeks till the fundraiser so I will be spending the day on the phone trying to secure donations of items for our silent auction

Though I think when I go over to C/D at 1 to let my buddy out we will have an extended "play time "

A friend is stopping by around 5 with his 4 month old yorkie-poo puppy
We are going to see if he gets along with ralph & lola if so the puppy will be staying with us this weekend while is is out of town
if not I will be going to his place to let him out
he lives maybe 5 mins from here so no biggie

I think this taking the kids for a walk n the mornings is working the last 2 mornings they have not woken us up at 4:30 am !!! Hubby has actually gotten up before them

So we will be heading out as soon as I get dressed going to try for 2 miles today since it is so cool they won't get hot and want to head for the house

What will your day be like ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2010, 07:50 AM

woo hoo 2 mile walk done !! the kids did great
now to do a little cleaning before the phone calls

Old 04-28-2010, 08:38 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,226,172 times
Morning peeps!

Wow, wish it had been 47 here this morning. We did get into the low 60's and are supposed to top out at 76 this afternoon.

Shadow & I have been for a long walk this morning. We encountered a loose pit bull that came at me growling. I was stunned when Shadow stepped in front of me and growled right back. Usually she hides behind me. Fortunately the pittie's owner realized his dog was out and came to get her. She listened to him, but very reluctantly. I was sure there was going to be a trip to the vet and/or the ER in my immediate future. We won't be walking down that street again......

Old 04-28-2010, 09:07 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,256,282 times
Best of luck with your calls, Karla. I know you'll be getting great stuff.

Evey, that's so scary! And what a brave girl that Shadow is. Labs are very protective of their humans.

Just got home from a nice, leisurely shopping trip. Got some "stuff" that I really needed. Like new canisters for the flour, etc. (real ones, not the fancy cutesy ones), a salad spinner, some make up and a new pair of shorts.

My neighbor Tom let me use his car. It was so nice to get out by myself for a bit and go where I wanted to go. Tonight, we're going out to dinner at the Shrimp Shack. I've been wanting to go there for so long. Can't wait.

Anyway....Lazy Susan was here again this morning, so no walk. I have to get back to it. Karla, I'm glad to hear your walks are producing some good results with the kids.

Talk to you all later.

Old 04-28-2010, 11:15 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,220,186 times
Evey that was always my deepest fear when we lived in NC, there were lots of pitties (mean looking ones). One actually chased Cassy in the house when she was in the back yard, the owner was a scrawny little guy and the dog saw Cassy and pulled away from his owner. Poor Cassy ran past Bob and into the bedroom Anyway, Evey Shadow would never let anything happen to you.............
Glad to hear the kids are sleeping better, they just want to socialize with the neighbors
Lucky you Pattie kitchen goodies and make up and shorts, my type of shopping! I do need a few new pair of shoes too.
Well best get to work. Someone is supposed to cover my lunch and I think they got lost???

Old 04-28-2010, 11:16 AM

well not doing real well with the phone calls because I just finished cleaning can we say it was a little dusty

going to head over to CD to let my buddy out and to check the mail
when I get back I will start my phone calls

Old 04-28-2010, 01:36 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,527,800 times
So, how big is a Yorkie Poo anyway? Guess it depends on the size of the Poo.

You're right Karla, it does seem like only yesterday that we were packing up that birthday cake to ship to Iraq, I can picture it totally, packing up the paper plates, napkins and everything. Hard to believe.

Today I did th upper body workout. Oh boy, I keep forgetting how hard it is until I start doing it--see, SOME things I can't remember for diddly!

So Karla, is there a chance Chaos's dad won't be moving? Might he keep the job he has?

Well, have a good day everybody. I'm off to traumatize my kitty cat with the dreaded Dirt Devil!

Old 04-28-2010, 06:07 PM

5,453 posts, read 8,220,186 times
Lol I used to traumatize my cockapoo with the vacuum, he hated that thing.
Karla, I hope you got some good phone calls in, we all know how much time you put into this. By the way please tell your hubby thanks for the fv goodies, I finally got my nursery barn built. Most of my old neighbors have quit farming and I am having to find new ones
Oh, good news hubby got three calls again today. One was an interview with a company in MO (Bob is not really interested), one was a company in OH that he has to call back tomorrow and one is here in Birmingham and he is headed out for a 1:30 interview tomorrow. So if this keeps up something will show up I keep telling him have faith!
Well have a good night gals. Oh I did hit the bike again tonight and am certain that tomorrow I will have to crawl into work

Old 04-28-2010, 06:11 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,335,694 times
Good evening everyone.
Late start today. Listening to ipod and dancing around with a white russian but only 1 tonight. I had 4 the other night and started getting all emotional and crying. Normally I'm goofy and happy when I'm buzzed but for whatever reason, that didn't happen the other night. I don't drink that often anyway but lately, it's helped.
Yorkie poos are cute. I used to dog sit one. What a lap dog.

Old 04-28-2010, 06:41 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,256,282 times
sandy, The right one will come along. Job that is.....not husband!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals