Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2010, 05:17 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,109,893 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone
lol well hubby forgot to wake me at 5 I rolled out of bed at 6
So just finished up the QOTD

and here I am ready to start the "wittish"
all are welcome to come on board

Heading out for a walk with the kids in a few minutes it is so nice out there only 54 degrees I think we may do 3 loops !!
It is suppose to stay in the mid 70's until 4 when it will hit 79
So it will be a nice day for all of the running around I have to do for the fundraiser, lots of goodies to pickup

So whos on the "train" ?

and what are your plans for today ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2010, 05:49 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,686,307 times
Good morning! I hope you all had a nice weekend.

Getting the kids ready for school (three weeks to go!) and working from home today. I got to be a slacker all weekend, but unfortunately that means that the laundry is waiting for me. This household generates a crazy amount of laundry. I fantasize about "canyon capacity" washers and dryers. My life is so exciting.

My knees are still bruised from my fall, but my shoulder and back feel better, and it's time to get back on the horse. Today's back and shoulders (working with weights), I think.

Old 05-10-2010, 06:46 AM

2 loop walk done it got a little busy in the neighborhood by the time we finished so I didn't want a outside barkathon
I will finish on the treadmill then go out and trim the BA bottle brush trees I am going to staple a sheet to the fence and put it under the trees to catch the stuff I cut
then I can just dump it into a big trash bag
lol sounds great in theory lets see if it works

glad your feeling better juila

Old 05-10-2010, 07:22 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,227,984 times
Morning peeps!

LOL JJ! DH changes his clothes several times a day. I am also waiting patiently for "canyon capacity"!

Shadow & I have been around the block this morning. It isn't any cooler here, but the humidity has backed off a little. We will be in the low 90's later. Perfect for the beach.

On my list for today are more painting (inside & outside), errands and cleaning bathrooms.

Old 05-10-2010, 07:36 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,686,307 times
My husband lived in Ft. Lauderdale for a few years, and although I was born there, my parents moved to California when I was a baby and I've never been back. My husband misses Florida and just loved the climate. He talks about retiring there someday. Having moved to Chicago, I am getting used to more humidity in the summer, but nothing like the South! I think I would melt.

Old 05-10-2010, 10:21 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,257,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Good morning! I hope you all had a nice weekend.

Getting the kids ready for school (three weeks to go!) and working from home today. I got to be a slacker all weekend, but unfortunately that means that the laundry is waiting for me. This household generates a crazy amount of laundry. I fantasize about "canyon capacity" washers and dryers. My life is so exciting.

My knees are still bruised from my fall, but my shoulder and back feel better, and it's time to get back on the horse. Today's back and shoulders (working with weights), I think.
JJ, you weren't around when it was discovered, but we finally realized that there is a Dirty Laundry Fairy who comes into your house while you're sleeping and takes clean clothes out of your drawers and closets and makes them dirty and then puts them in the hamper. It's true. I swear.

Glad you're feeling better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
My husband lived in Ft. Lauderdale for a few years, and although I was born there, my parents moved to California when I was a baby and I've never been back. My husband misses Florida and just loved the climate. He talks about retiring there someday. Having moved to Chicago, I am getting used to more humidity in the summer, but nothing like the South! I think I would melt.
You get used to it. It's the same heat and humidity, just lasts longer.

Speaking of which.....Karla, I did join the train this morning. It was in the upper 60's w/low humidity here, so I got my lazy butt outta bed and did my thing. I walked to the clubhouse, did about 20 min. worth of weights and walked back. I tried to take the scenic route, but when I got to the first "lake" (really a pond), I was pretty sure I saw 2 alligator eyes sticking out of the water, pretty close to shore. I did a quick turn-around and went the "normal" way. I knew I was not up to running away from one of those guys.

OK, we'll see how long I can manage to keep Lazy Susan away from the house.

Catch y'all later.

Old 05-10-2010, 12:15 PM

5 yup 5 B/A trash bags of trimmings lol I started just wanting to do the bottle brush trees then realized the grapefruit,one of the orange and the lemon tree needed some pruning
I didn't use the electric hedger on those though
now that I pruned the bottoms of the BB trees the watermelon patch is getting more sun

I have ot run out to the bank & my donation pick ups next

lol pattie just think of the aerobic workout running form the gator would of been especially since your "suppose" to run zig zag :P

evey how far are you from the beach ?
Are dogs allowed on the beach during the day once memorial Day comes (there not here unless it is after 5 or 6)

I didn't realize you were painting inside and out side

Old 05-10-2010, 02:01 PM

8,189 posts, read 31,227,984 times
Karla, I am about 17 minutes from the beach. Shadow does not care for waves so we usually go to a spot on the river, 15 minutes from here. If a beach allows dogs, they allow them all year. When we lived in North Port there was a dedicated dog beach in the next town over & we used to go a couple times a week.

Yep, we are painting inside & out. The outside is almost done. We just have to cut in the ground line and paint the window ledges in a contrasting color yet to be determined. Inside is not a whole house paint job, thank goodness. There were a couple of rooms that were painted concrete block. We decided to put up drywall, so those rooms are getting painted.

Old 05-10-2010, 03:16 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,529,102 times
Hi everyone. Just reporting in, did the ten minute cardio blast because I kind of ran out of time. Check back later, to see what's what and what's up.

Old 05-10-2010, 05:22 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,337,159 times
Hi everyone,
I went to the doc today and I'm healed up enough to do chemo so I'm starting that next Monday. The doc still wants to watch me for a couple more weeks as it's not completely healed yet but it's healed enough to go ahead with the chemo. I also went over to get fitted for a prosthesis and it feels weird to have a bra on with boobs. It's not something I'll wear everyday but it helps when I go out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals