Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2010, 05:35 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,107,768 times

Advertisements

Good morning ladies !!

Well today is our last class of the year
We end a couple weeks before the last day of school.
It should be fun because we have some surprises for the kids
I picked up some certificates of achievement that come with a free milkshake and the other teacher has ordered butterfly cookies

So it will be a "sweet" end to a fun year

Well lol I am feeling the walk & yardwork from yesterday
I never realized that pruning is such a good upper body work out
I guess the thicker branches took a bit more "oomff" than I realized

Going to do my treadmilling when I get back from school

So what is everyone doing today ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2010, 06:33 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,256,282 times
Good morning.

DH and I did a 2 mile walk this a.m. It was his first time since long before he left to go north and only my 2nd in a while. Then we got home and watered the gardens.

The rest of the day I think will be a quiet one. DH wants to sit and read, something he hasn't done in a long time. I should do some housework, but I'm feeling kind of out of it today. Maybe I'll just sit and read too. Oh, and visit the pool, of course.

Have fun at school, Karla. Can I have a cookie, too, please???

Old 05-11-2010, 06:42 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,682,985 times
Good morning. Sounds like a fun day, Karla!

I got up this morning, ready to hit the ground running again, but it was raining. I think we have a bit of a reprieve now, so I am taking my son to school in a few minutes and will run when I get back.

Old 05-11-2010, 08:25 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,226,172 times
Morning peeps!

Shadow & I have been for a long walk this morning. Later we will hit the beach.

This morning I am painting contrasting color on the window ledges. We settled on a polite medium green. Yesterday on a couple of different occasions while we were outside someone stopped, rolled down their window, and told us how nice the house looks.

Old 05-11-2010, 08:45 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,682,985 times
I miss the beach.

I went for my run. I would have liked to beat my last time (15 min 15 sec, I think), and I really would have liked to come in under 15 min, but it started raining again while I was out. I jogged with shorter steps because I was worried about tripping or slipping ... stupid fall. Still, I made it in 15 min 29 sec, which is all right. I hope Thursday is nice out.

Have a great day, ladies!

Old 05-11-2010, 12:51 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,527,800 times
Today I did the 30 minute upper body workout. It's a dreary rainy chilly day--and it's not the weekend. hmm, well have a good day everyone.

Old 05-11-2010, 01:53 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,335,694 times
Good afternoon ladies,

No workout but I've had tons of things to do around here and calls to make so that was my exercose for the day. LOL
SOunds like everyone has walked or run today but me. I think I'll turn on the music later and dance around.

Old 05-11-2010, 03:44 PM

4,279 posts, read 10,359,944 times
Hi everyone!
Lots and lots of rain for us today. Better than the snow mind. I think that brute with the sudden freeze managed to kill my English Lavender...

No exercise for me today. Spent this afternoon trying to catch up on sleep. The lack of shut eye hit me like a brick around 2 p.m.

Hoping tomorrow I will be bright eyed and bushy tailed. Got lots of stuff to do.

Have a wonderful evening everyone!

Old 05-11-2010, 08:19 PM

992 posts, read 2,372,457 times
I am new to this...may I join in?

I am also new to fitness and health...I quit smoking and have been feverishly exercising and eating right. I'm amazed at how well I feel, and how nice I am starting to look.

I didn't go to the gym today, but I walked a total of 4 miles, and did some core work. I worked on push ups tonight (I'm getting better), and now I'm going to relax. I'll walk the kiddos to school again tomorrow and hopefully get to the gym early!

Have a great night!
-Betsy

Old 05-12-2010, 04:44 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,107,768 times
morning ladies
wow yesterday was crazy
School was fun the kids loved the certificates and the cookies
It was sad since it was the last class but very cool because all the kids came up to give us goodbye hugs
I think I am going to surprise them and stop in at their end of year parties in a few weeks. If I can find those twisty balloons I will bring that to make balloon animals at the party.

After school I stopped at the post office (pattie check your mailbox on thursday)

Then picked up the gift basket from the spa I was really surprised it had a certificate for a facial and a starter set of product the value is $155
lol I am so going to be biding on this !

got home and hit the phone running and got a few more good items
"pizza for a year" 1 large 1 topping pizza a month for 12 months
$500 certificate from one of my Car Dealer connections it is good toward a new or used car or to the service dept
yup 2 more items I am going to be bidding on

It looks like everyone but us Florida gals got rain yesterday I wil definitely trade some of our sunshine for rain

lol evey I started laughing when I read "polite medium green" I bet it does look great against the white

lol I am going to rename the periwinkle house "in your face periwinkle"
hey the owners of the "tootsie roll house" yup I kid you not it was the color and shine of a tootsie roll must of realized we meant business when the HOA sent a letter saying " you did not get approval and the color is not going to fly" because the repainted this weekend

Welcome Betsy (C-mom of 3) !!!
you sure can join in we have a terrific bunch of ladies and it is a very motivational source

ok let me go get todays thread started
see you all in a bit
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals