Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2010, 01:44 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,256,282 times

Advertisements

No, fuzzy, you don't need to call your optometrist. DH asked if I wanted to drive to Orlando today, meaning he just wanted to drive up to see how long it would take us to get to DW. I misunderstood him! I was so excited, I got online, told all my friends that I was going, and when I said, "Well, I'd best go get stuff ready for tomorrow," he asked what stuff. And I said, "Oh, my fanny pack, this, that, etc." He said, "Uh....we're not going INTO DW, just TO DW." Oh. So I deleted my post. Oh, well. Luckily, I didn't have enough time to get too excited. Instead of wasting all that gas, we went into Google maps and discovered it would take us 3 hours. So we went and got new phones instead. And then went looking at new BATV's too. Looking at a Samsung 55" LED.

Have a great day, all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2010, 02:05 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,527,800 times
So, he just wanted to drive there just to see how long it would take to drive there? Why are men like that?

Old 05-18-2010, 02:05 PM

4,279 posts, read 10,359,944 times
Glitches are out of our internet connection! Good to see everyone is doing ok. I can't think of anyone who would pay me to talk!

We got some much needed rain the other week, but we need more. It's getting warmer here (it'll be 90 this weekend). My one 75 gallon rain barrel is almost empty, and the other two are getting a little low.

I've been walking as usual in the morning. Going to have to start heading out earlier. It gets a bit too much for Rusty since he only has little legs, and is very close to that hot asphalt.

The greenhouse is smoking. A few trips around that place in the morning has me sweating buckets. The flowers look so beautiful. When you walk in the door it's like being greeted by thousands of smilie faces!

Old 05-18-2010, 02:33 PM

17,833 posts, read 33,107,768 times
Hey ladies
Well lol that was an fun road trip
My friend was taping a Public Service Commercial and they decided to tape it outside !!
Did I mention it was 89 degrees
I got to meet a local reporter and local radio DJ who were taping it with him
lol good thing I cleaned up !!

I ended up "helping" by holding down the pages from the B/A pad of paper they used as the "teleprompter" so they wouldn't flap in the wind and the noise end up on the tape.

I got a good amount of sun on my sleeveless shoulders arms & nose.

Pattie wait let me make sure I understand this you were going to drive 3 hours just to turn around and drive back 3 hours

lol I am with Fuzzy on this

Heck if he wants to drive 6 hours you should drive here !!! lol I am a lot more fun than looking at the entrance to DW plus you could meet my "cast of character" friends

Hey maybe we could even take "stan" for a spin

Sue it is going to be 90 there !!! wow it is only going to hit 87 here this weekend !!!

ok I guess I should go see whats available for dinner I brought hubby a Subway sandwich on the way home around 3 so hopefully he doesn't want a big meal

Old 05-18-2010, 03:00 PM

8,189 posts, read 31,226,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
Hey Evey
Glad you like the new job
Is it a big office ? how far from home ?
It is a big building, small company. Somewhere between 15-20 employees if you count the owner & his wife. Here is their website Grease, Odour and Stains Elimination: Environmental Biotech. It is less than 5 minutes from my house.

Old 05-18-2010, 03:12 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,335,694 times
Hi everybody.

Just wanted to drop by and say hi. I will catch up with you all hopefully tomorrow.
The way I was pumped up on steroids yesterday, that job could have paid me to talk. I was a chatterbox all day. I didn't understand why but the nurse told me it was the steroids but because I had a reaction to the first chemo drug that required steroids, I am no longer taking them. Too bad, they gave me tons of energy. Kept me awake all night too which wasn't too good but the energy was good.
Evey, glad you're enjoying your new job.

Talk to you all later.

Old 05-18-2010, 04:43 PM

4,279 posts, read 10,359,944 times
CONGRATS on the job Evey!

Old 05-18-2010, 04:46 PM

Uh. Yeh. He wanted to drive 3 hours and then turn around. No offense, Karla, but I wouldn't want to drive 6 hours, get into Stan for a drive, then drive another 6. No matter how cute Stan is! I just live with him; don't ask me to explain him.

Cheryl, it's too bad we can't all get a shot of energy like that.

Old 05-19-2010, 05:20 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,107,768 times
lol pattie I would kidnap you guys for at least overnight so we could hang out

We could send the guys into the wood working shop which would keep them entertained for hours

Cheryl I am sorry you had a reaction to the one drug but glad to see there were on top of it to realize you need a different one. is this a weekly treatment plan ?

Evey working 5 mins from home is great. I looked at the website, it looks interesting, I know I have walked into places like hospitals & dentist office that have a distinct "scent"
A process like this would be beneficial. I think walking into the dentist office and smelling that "dentist smell" triggers the first of the nerves so more places should use this stuff.

Old 05-19-2010, 07:09 AM

LOL...Karla, it doesn't take much to entertain my guy!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals