U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2010, 06:18 AM

17,835 posts, read 31,466,033 times

Advertisements

is the sound that you will be hearing at my house shortly as I head out to mow the lawn !!!

I want to get it done early so I can get the bags of clipping to the curb because today is yard waste pick up.
Plus they are calling for more rain later today.
We ended up getting close to 4 " yesterday

This will have to count as my exercise because I have to go help my friend at 11,I think he is going to take his manual wheelchair so I won't be driving the huge SUV

Oh I got a call last night asking if I wanted to participate in a focus group on Thursday. I signed up for this company a couple years ago but this is the first time I actually "qualified". They pay you $75 for 2 hours of giving your opinion. I think this one is about Orthopedic Dr's and what is important when selecting a DR

lol I think this is the first time someone will pay to let me ramble

So what is everyone doing today ?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2010, 06:22 AM

8,190 posts, read 29,824,099 times
Morning peeps!

Shadow & I have been for a nice walk this morning.

The new job seems like it will be o.k. Lots of learning new stuff for me this week. Full time while the girl I am replacing is still here, then part time starting Monday.

Old 05-18-2010, 06:46 AM

Hey Evey
Glad you like the new job
Is it a big office ? how far from home ?

Old 05-18-2010, 07:26 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 18,131,917 times
Hey, Karla! Somebody's actually going to PAY you to talk??? Wow. Now, that's something!

Evey, glad you like it.

Dragged the hubster out of bed this morning and we did 3 miles today. That's the first time in a long time.

Going to the mall to the Verizon store to see if we can get new phones and maybe change our service a little bit. Talk to y'all later.

Old 05-18-2010, 07:36 AM

25,906 posts, read 39,814,396 times
$75, Karla? Nice!! Mowing the lawn early is great when it's going to be hot and humid later.
Racelady, good luck at your new job.
NMS, that's excellent about the 3 miles. That's what I am working up to.

I need to have a little cheat sheet with all of your handles and real names. I've realized that I am NOT good with names anymore.

I went for my run this morning (week 3, run 1 of 3). I went the extra block, and I decided to push myself more by running for 1 minute, then walking for 30 seconds (instead of walking for 1 minute). I did it! I was huffing and puffing, and MAN that 30 seconds goes by quickly. I finished in 16 min 20 sec. I'm going to try to break 16 minutes on Thursday ... my feet were not very swift.

Have a great day, everyone.

Old 05-18-2010, 07:54 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 18,131,917 times
I wish I could push myself to run. I couldn't do it at 20, I'm sure I can't do it now! I know...defeatist attitude. Oh, well.

BTW, I'm Pattie, but only on this thread. Like nobody lurks, right??

DH made himself an omlet. OMG, I can't stand the smell of fried eggs.

Old 05-18-2010, 08:00 AM

5,453 posts, read 7,791,417 times
Morning, just stopping in to say I will probably sweat off another couple of pounds at work today as the air is still not working.
Glad you enjoyed your first day Evey!
Oh JJ I am Sandy!
Gotta go the bewitching hour is fast approaching when I turn into a legal secretary

Old 05-18-2010, 08:05 AM

25,906 posts, read 39,814,396 times
Walking is still great for you, especially when you're covering that kind of distance. And my running was probably not any faster than a brisk walk at some points! There's a long hill in the second half of my route, not a super steep hill, but a steady incline over a couple of blocks. I was like the little engine that could, trying to slowly chugga-chugga my way up there.

I never thought of myself as a runner either. In fact, I've never really been able to run far, not even in school. Early this year, I decided to do something different, so I decided to run in a 5K. It's in September.

Race Information

I'm running the one in Lombard, which is near my office. I know I don't have to run the whole way, but I'd really like to be able to.

Old 05-18-2010, 08:20 AM

whew well the lawn is mowed and because of all of the rain we had yesterday I was covered from the waist down with grass cuttings even with using the bag thingy

everything looks so green from the rain

Yay on the 3 miles pattie and the extra distance JJ

Sandy do they at least have fans bowing the air around the office
they should treat you all to ice cream to help cool you down

ok off to hit the shower I have to do the hair & make up thing because I wouldn't want to embarrass my friend at his meeting

Old 05-18-2010, 02:33 PM

12,983 posts, read 13,669,374 times
JustJulia, that weightlifting is really impressive! You must be strong! You have the right attitude, that's for sure.

Today I did a 30 minute cardio type routine with the gals up on the rooftop of some city. One of the women is Brooklyn Decker, if you know who that is. I don't because I don't pay attention to the intro part.

Pattie, I would have sworn I saw something in good news day thread about you going to Disney world today, am I cracking up or what? Might need my vision checked!

At any rate, I am going to go find some food, and you all have a great day! It's another rainy cold dreary day here--this is getting old fast.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals