Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2010, 05:20 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,045,180 times

Advertisements

last night around 10pm the rumble of thunder & flashes of lightening first appeared followed by the rain around 11

looks like we might of gotten 1/2" they are saying 60% today but if the seabreeze kicks in it may stay west of us like it has the past couple weeks

hmm I wonder how big a fan I would need to push it back

The fertilizer guy will be here around 8:45 then he will do C/D's yard so I am going to run over early to feed & let my buddy out because he tries "helping" Mac lol meaning he wants the hose he uses

I think I am going to try inside exercise today I need a break from the yard plus they are saying 92 and I had enough of the heat yesterday

How are our "furbabies" doing today ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2010, 06:03 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,212,720 times
Good morning and good news. Squeaker is eating. YAY!

Karla, Bumper asks to be brushed too. All I have to do is bring it out and "ruffle" the bristles and they both come running!

Evey, any news since yesterday???

Did our 3 mile walk this a.m. Boy, the air is heavy. We might get some more rain today. Yesterday, we had all sorts of big, loud thunder boomers, but they turned out to be bummers. No rain.

Going shopping for hurricane shutters this morning. And to the grapefruit store, too. Wish us luck!

Old 06-03-2010, 06:04 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,175,007 times
Morning peeps!

I talked to the vet around 7 last night. She said she is happy with the progress. Her pancreatic enzyme levels were so high when I took her in that they could not read them, literally off the chart. Apparently she perked up a little last night. The vet herself is the one taking Shadow out for walks so that she can monitor urine output, which so far has been nothing. Again, the vet is not concerned since Shadow was so severely dehydrated.

They will pull more blood Friday morning. If here levels have improved they will offer her some food. If she is able to eat without relapsing they will let her come home on Sat.

Can't wait to see the bill. $100 per day to be an inpatient, $100 each time they pull blood, plus meds........

I get off work at 2. Visiting hours start at 3 today. I will let you know how she is doing when I get home.

Great news about Squeakers!

Old 06-03-2010, 07:09 AM

Glad to hear Shadow's perking up a bit. I bet that ol' tail will be wagging when she sees you later on this afternoon. Hugs to you both.

Thanks, we're relieved, too. Evey, it sounds like you and I will both be paying more for our pets' health care this year than our own! That's ok - they're worth it.

Old 06-03-2010, 08:03 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,045,180 times
Yay Evey great news on Shadow and I know having Mom there visiting is helping her recover faster

Yay for squeaker !!!

ok all I have to do is get the brush our and Lola goes running in the other direction

I am with you both on vet bills the bladder stone issue we had with Lola was more than our house payment

pattie hurricane shutters yikes they will make the vet bills seem like pocket change but since your house is so far south a good investment hmm wonder if you can get a discount on your homeowners Ins when you get them

So the lawn fertilizer guy said before I resod he will come out and roundup the area to kill everything so those damn weeds will be gone for good and he said he will do it at no charge because I have gotten him so many referrals
That stuff is pricey so I am going to ask if I can at least pay for the chemicals He is a small self owned company and with the economy the way it is he doesn't need to be giving away things to me

Ok off to tackle the mounds of laundry

Old 06-03-2010, 08:49 AM

7,395 posts, read 19,295,517 times
Hi everyone.

I was gone all yesterday and didn't post anything for a couple of days so I need to go back and read about Shadow. I'm sad to hear she's sick.

Nothing going on yet but I'll go catch up for the past couple of days.

Old 06-03-2010, 09:12 AM

Did the vet say what she thought may have caused this?
I don't know if this will help but one time, a stray cat had kittens and she abandoned them at the house I grew up in. To make a long story short, we had to feed the kittens and make them pee. We had to stimulate them with a q tip. If something like that was done to Shadow, I wonder if that would make her pee. That may only work for kittens and puppies but it may work for Shadow too.
Anyway, I know how stressed you must be and my heart goes out to you, DH and Shadow.

Old 06-03-2010, 12:44 PM

5,453 posts, read 8,205,773 times
Cheryl how are YOU feeling? I did not hear how things went this week.

Old 06-03-2010, 01:19 PM

This week was my chemo week off but I still had to have bloodwork done. I'll see the doc Wed. and find out the results of the muga scan I had done. I still feel 'iffy' about taking this other drug he wants to put me on. It's like hmmm, do I want breast cancer or heart problems. This particular drug is helpful for cancer (doxrubinin) (sp) but will/can cause heart problems now or in the future. I need help to make the right decision, along with him but I seem to be leaning away from it now so we'll see what happens next week. He's a great doc and I trust him as I've seen what he's done for other people.
Only God knows what will happen next and I wish He'd let me know. LOL

Old 06-03-2010, 01:43 PM

Sometimes it would be helpful if we had a direct line to The Guy Upstairs, wouldn't it, Cheryl? I know you'll make the best decision for yourself. Best of luck, as always.

We just got back. The first place we shopped for the shutters, the owner told DH that they won't do any good on a manufactured home, so save our $$$. It seems that, with the right wind, the way these are made with a crawl space under the house and that they're sitting on blocks, the wind could pick them right up anyway, so the shutters would be a waste of time and $$. Oh, well. Saved us a few bucks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals