Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2010, 03:09 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,065,909 times

Advertisements

Yay our favorite "furry fashionista" is back home with her mom !!!

I could hear the shouts of joy all the way up here !!!

yup I'm up early

"someone" decided at 3 am that she needed to get up and was not going to take no for an answer
So of course the minute I woke up to tell her to "come on its 3 am" all the crap that drained from my head started the coughing so here I am

I am more and more convinced it is allergies because (and this may sound weird) but the inside of my ears "itch" and tons of sneezing, I think I may get some claritan or some other non-goofy allergy stuff to see if that works
Today the repair folks are coming back out to once again "address" the dishwasher issues. I called LG and went up the "foodchain" and told them I felt I was getting the run around that a $800 dishwasher should not "smell" and "just pour some vinegar in the bottom was not something I was willing to live with. So LG is sending them out to do a complete tub clean. I have no idea what that involves but they are saying it could take 2 hours

We rinse our dishes and you all know I don't cook "smelly" food so there is some other problem

rofl I don't think they want to deal with the "kranky karla" should they try the runaround thing today

So what are my favorite ladies up to today ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2010, 06:17 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,192,435 times
Morning peeps!

I am very happy to tell you that Shadow & I have been for a short walk this morning. She seems to tire quickly, but she was prancing around the block this morning.

She ate last night, but so far this morning does not seem to be hungry. I am sure her stomach shrank to nothing after not eating for a solid week. I will offer her some food when I get home from work and if she still does not eat then I will call the vet. She just took her meds, maybe she is full. She is taking 6 pills at a time twice a day plus an extra pill in the middle of the day.

Old 06-08-2010, 06:34 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,227,048 times
Wow, Evey, that's a lot of medicine! Poor baby. But she's home and sounds like she's recuperating well.

Speaking of recuperating....Karla! What's up with that, girlfriend??? Feel better, ok?

Another hot, humid one today. already 82 and I have no clue what the humidity is but it must be at least 234%. I did a 2 mile walk today. Was sure I wouldn't make it to 3, and I knew I was going to do some watering, which I did.

Karla, one of those black snakes is living between our front flower box and the house. I found him this morning. He was just lying there, watching me work. When he realized I saw him, he very slowly backed up and went back into his hole. Don't think I like that.

Anyway...DH is still in bed, fighting a headache he's had for several days now. Think I'll hit him on the toe with a hammer. He'll still have the headache, but he'll concentrate more on his toe. Think that'll work???

Have a great day, all.

Old 06-08-2010, 08:22 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,065,909 times
ok pattie hand me a towel to clean the water off my computer that when spraying when I read the toe thing

I'm very frustrated as to this crud I took some advil cold & sinus and it seems to help my itchy ears , my chest is congested but loose so I guess what ever just has to run its course
I am trying to avoid getting overheated because that when the coughing marathon starts.

You can encourage him to leave the area with your hose then pull the flower box out and cover his hole they really like nice hot places so he may of picked that spot cause of the heat between the house & the flower box

Evey I bet her tummy did shrink I know peoples do

also dry food swells in the tummy so she could still be full from last night
Little ralphie only gets 1/4 -1/3 cup of food and I was amazed when he threw up and there was quite the large pile lol I know TMI !!!

Well it looks like we have finally solved the dishwasher problem !! When the service manager was here he said he had run into this problem before with a Bosch DW it seems they run the units at the factory and if they don't get all the water out it stagnates and the smell permeates the plastic parts the only solution is to replace the sump unit which is what they are going to do
So yay hopefully once the parts are in we will no longer have a problem !!!

Old 06-08-2010, 08:32 AM

Yay, Karla! Glad to hear it's going to be fixed. I mentioned to DH about the things in the front of the washer that you can turn to make the water drain out. It hasn't been done yet.

Oh, the flower box isn't something that you can pull out. It's a built-in brick one that goes from our little front porch across most of the front of the house. And I'm sure you're right. The afternoon sun beats on those bricks and they hold the heat.

Oh, I wasn't ignoring your question about flowers...I just forgot to answer it. Let's see... we got two Wirly Butterfly plants - guess what they attract! - I dunno. Just some misc. stuff that's pretty. I think they're mostly annuals. We got some yellow ones and white and pink and purple. Stuff that isn't typical. Later on, when he gets up (IF he gets up), I'll see if I can find the little cards that came with them.

Old 06-08-2010, 12:13 PM

4,279 posts, read 10,350,349 times
With everything Shadow has been through it'll probably take a while for her to bounce back. Don't worry yourself sick Evey. Hang in there.

Those allergies sound wrotten Karla. I'm allergic to cats and (unfortunately) horses. If I am around them I get the itchy ears, scratchy throat, sinus nasties, and the bleary eyes. My face and throat also swell, and break out in lovely white blotches to boot! Try a cold washcloth placed over your eyes. It helps a little.

It's been raining all day here. The pooch and I got a good soaking this morning while walking. I now have a smelly dog at my feet... phew!

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Old 06-08-2010, 12:18 PM

Well, DH finally got up at noon. But that's ok, I got even with him. Twice. I made him vacuum the lanai, bedroom and den, plus the two area rugs in the living area. Now, he's trying to put together a lovely ceiling light we picked up at Home Depot the other day for $12. He's decided that they marked it down that low because the stupid holes don't line up. Heh, heh, heh.

Tet, sorry you're allergic to cats. Guess that means you can't come down and stay with me, huh? OH, there's nothing like the smell of wet dog.

Old 06-08-2010, 12:40 PM

A couple of Shadow's meds are for stomach issues. Right before I left for work (and I mean to say I had my keys in my hand) she asked for her breakfast. She ate all of it.

Karla, she is not eating dog food. My raw will come in tomorrow, so the vet told me to buy her some tilapia (mild white fish). I have been broiling fish for her and fork feeding her to make sure she does not wolf it down.

It is amazing how much sleep I was able to get last night now that the bed hog is back......

Old 06-08-2010, 01:26 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,507,451 times
Probably because things just seemed right again, Evey! So, how does Shadow like tilapia? Is a raw diet literally a raw diet? She eats raw meat? I thought there were things in dogfood that were necessary for their health that aren't in people food, or raw meat, I'd imagine.

Today I was all set to work out but decided, for the first time EVER, to go out and mow, unbidden. I figured I would mow until it ran out of gas and quit, because to shut it off, you have to touch some wire to some something (I stopped listening at the 'touch this wire to...' part-- he is, after all, a member of the HEY WATCH THIS!! gender.) Sucker must have had a full tank, doggone it!

So, my arms are a little shaky right now, and I am starving! That is going to be my exercise. It was supposed to rain, which is why I did it now. (it better! )

Old 06-08-2010, 01:55 PM

Shadow is thinking fish is just fine!

Raw diet for dogs is a mix of certain percentages of muscle meat, organ meat, and bone. The stuff I get is ground so it looks like hamburger.

Dog food has so many additives because most of them have so much filler and so little actual meat that they need to be supplemented. Also, cattle & chickens that are raised for slaughter for the most part are feed lot animals, meaning that they stand & eat corn all day long. Nature did not intend for cows to eat corn. Cattle stomachs are neutral PH, but eating corn turns them acidic. This is where e-coli breeds. In order to keep the cows healthy they give them massive amounts of antibiotics. All of this is in the meat.

The diet I am getting is from grass fed animals, meaning they eat what nature intended them to eat. It takes 3-4 years to bring a steer to slaughter on grass, but only 1 year on feed lot.

Shadow will not need any type of supplement on this diet.

Most people who feed raw use chicken because it it fairly inexpensive. Shadow is allergic to chicken. It is easy to feed a dog a whole chicken so they get the organ & bone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals