Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2010, 06:08 AM

235 posts, read 356,616 times

Advertisements

Hey!

Just wanted to start a journal for myself. I've been on either Lexapro or Celexa since the summer of '07. My body has been riddled with side effects and hell since then, and my brain was in too much of a fog state to realize what was going on... and the pdoc's tried to tell me I was the problem and I needed more drugs. I went on because I had a bad reaction to an acne medication, accutane (has been pulled off the market since then I believe).

Well, this will be my place to write for a while. I'm hoping to feel myself again and regain my emotions, feelings, sense of self, feelings of wellbeing, and cognitive skills back.. the drugs have robbed me of these.

So....

November 3rd -- 18mg (no sfxs)
November 8th -- 15mg (mild if any sfxs)
November 11th -- 7.5mg
November 18th -- 0mg

I need to get off, and even though this is a fast taper IMO, I need to be drug free and let my brain have a chance to get back to normal functioning.

Any thoughts, advice is welcome.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2010, 06:31 AM

9,344 posts, read 14,964,620 times
They put you on an SSRI because you had a bad reaction to Accutane!!!
WOW amazing!!!

Go for it... taper off- you have a good plan and you are motivated.

Let us know how it goes....

Old 11-11-2010, 09:17 AM

Thank You!!

Old 11-16-2010, 03:09 PM

9,344 posts, read 14,964,620 times
You do know that depression is a side effect of Accutane? There are major lawsuits in progress.
Accutane Lawsuit - Legal Help for Accutane Lawsuits

It really does amaze me how modern medicine simply prescribes pill after pill to mask the side effects of the first pills...

How are you doing- are you taking less? Hang in there.

Old 11-29-2010, 09:09 AM

The first week or so was easy. I had zaps, dizziness, and some anxiousness, but the depression is setting in. Depression for no reason whatsoever. It's so frustrating. I have every reason to be on top of the world, and it's a fight to do things and keeping myself going... ever since Thanksgiving. At least the zaps have gone away for the most part. Now I just feel lost, anxious, and depressed. I hope this passes soon and I go back to normal. This is no fun.

Old 12-08-2010, 08:23 AM

1,090 posts, read 1,836,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray34iyf View Post
The first week or so was easy. I had zaps, dizziness, and some anxiousness, but the depression is setting in. Depression for no reason whatsoever. It's so frustrating. I have every reason to be on top of the world, and it's a fight to do things and keeping myself going... ever since Thanksgiving. At least the zaps have gone away for the most part. Now I just feel lost, anxious, and depressed. I hope this passes soon and I go back to normal. This is no fun.
just hang in there. it's just a matter of time, i think. be very kind to yourself!

Old 12-08-2010, 04:23 PM

Thank you!!!

The past week or so has been very tough. I can barely sit still during the day. The restlessness and agitation are overpowering. And I feel very anxious like I'm taking a ton of caffeine.. and the chest pain. It's been very bad the past two days plus this. My joints hurt and my spleen and liver areas hurt bad. It's been 24 days. When will this get better!!??

Old 12-09-2010, 08:45 AM

13,250 posts, read 42,844,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray34iyf View Post
Thank you!!!

The past week or so has been very tough. I can barely sit still during the day. The restlessness and agitation are overpowering. And I feel very anxious like I'm taking a ton of caffeine.. and the chest pain. It's been very bad the past two days plus this. My joints hurt and my spleen and liver areas hurt bad. It's been 24 days. When will this get better!!??
You need to see your doctor. There are medical risks involved in withdrawal. Your doctor should be monitoring this and helping you work through it safely and effectively.

Old 12-09-2010, 01:21 PM

Thank you for your help, Anon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals