Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2007, 02:22 PM

3,401 posts, read 13,370,836 times

Advertisements

vp.. you should enlighten your reschedulers..that if they fail to fill the "breakfast" slot, or "luncheon" slot for meetings... it automatically defaults to a "donuts and coffee" slot.

You'd think they would have caught onto that by now!!

I'm in a better mood now, I just remembered that yesterday at the grocery store, not only did I pick up more bananas... but a bag of beloved banana chips!!!!
<insert happy dance> Those count as dinner, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2007, 02:33 PM
jco jco started this thread

2,121 posts, read 6,451,160 times
vp, you'll have to let us know what you decide your meal plan will be so that we can get out our dancing emoticons when you reach your goal!

Old 08-20-2007, 03:28 PM

8,189 posts, read 31,231,607 times
O.K. Peeps, I have not taken vitamins since I outgrew Flintstones chewables.

Today I have had:

2 large cups of hot tea, 4 16.9 ounce bottles of water, 1 toasted raisin english muffin with butter & deli ham, one Lean Cuisine glazed chicken, on bite sized snickers bar, and one 16.9 ounce grape flavored Propel.

Dinner is being discussed in the other room. I am very afraid......

Old 08-20-2007, 03:53 PM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,158,308 times
You got it Jco....but you'll have plenty of time to get ready! :-))))

I have to lose 20-30 lbs before year end, so in about 4.5 mths (since I'm not starting until September). It's not too hard for me to lose when I put my mind to it and I even give myself 1 cheat day/week.

We can all get on track together and share recipes for each day. How's that?

Old 08-20-2007, 04:56 PM

5,453 posts, read 8,221,695 times
Sounds good to me!

Vitamins, yep I take them I swear by Glucosamine and Chondroitin and both Cassy and I take them. Then I take a cinnamon tablet, fish oil and a multiple vitamin. My vitamin C comes from the daily oj I drink.

Today was not so good.
Breakfast was 3 cups of coffee with table cream and one warm and wonderful peach muffin.

Snack was a diet bar, cinnamon and raisin South Beach bar.

Lunch was cup of vegetable soup and 1/2 turkey, provolone and lettuce with mayo on ww.

Snack was a peach and then later a kashi bar.

Dinner was home made bean soup.

Water, diet coke and more water tonight to drink. Oh, and while I was reading the posts here I ate a wonderful chocolate bar, only 2 pieces.

Old 08-20-2007, 05:09 PM

10 posts, read 19,036 times
Well today hasnt' turned out to be such a wonderfully healthy day for me. I have to add a cucumber sandwich, string cheese, popcorn and frozen french fries (free of all the bad stuff). Oops, I almost forgot a key lime toffuti cutie and a few gummie bears. I was hoping to make homemade macaroni and cheese tonight if I can find a not-so-bad for you recipe.

Old 08-20-2007, 05:37 PM

986 posts, read 2,807,976 times
I only take a multi-vitamin and fish oil each day.
I am waiting for the results of my bone density test to see if I have to start on some calicum.
Breakfast...cherrios a with 2% milk
lunch..cottage cheese and fruit, 2 pieces of licorish
dinner...2 turkey hot dogs on wheat bread with mustard (turkey hot dogs only 45 calories a piece) water and coffee.
Evey..you are too funny..what was for dinner??

Old 08-20-2007, 06:03 PM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,158,308 times
Well I just had the whole avocado! It was a small one and it was over ripe so some parts had to be dumped. I think I ended up with my original planned half. THEN.... I found this 6 squares piece of Ghirardelli dark chocolate.

Wow, I've had a great dinner. I really liked those two things better than a regular meal.

Old 08-20-2007, 06:45 PM

17,833 posts, read 33,113,982 times
Hi everyone

first some of you say you had a bad day but looking at what you eat I don't see a lot of bad.

Remember if you don't eat enough you won't lose weight. ok out of "mom" mode

vitamins hmm I have a bottle in the cabinet does that count?
Oh wait I guess your suppose to take them out of the bottle

todays food
caffeine free diet pepsi at 4:30 when I got up
breakfast 2 cups of special K with as someone said before the red things
1 cup is 120 calories and looked so small in the bowl so I figure breakfast was with milk about 300 calories then walked
2 22 oz bottles of water during spinning class
1/2 bottle while ellipticalling
got home from the gym and had some honeydew

more water
feeling the need for some bubbles so had 1/2 glass of afore mentioned diet pepsi

dinner
peanut butter sandwich about 1 tbs pb and some of those 40% reduced fat cape cod chips. (made hubby a cheesesteak)
oh yeah more water

snack a few dark chocolate cherry cordial kisses and a snack pack of animal crackers.
oops forgot I had a glass of milk
Now as i sit here thinking about the freezer in the garage thanks to ahem someone on the exercise thread. I am drinking more water.

I probably ate less than I should of but I was having a "mood day" so wasn't really that hungry.

karla

Last edited by FLPL75; 08-20-2007 at 06:52 PM.. Reason: forgot the milk

Old 08-20-2007, 06:49 PM

8,189 posts, read 31,231,607 times
Dinner ended up being "fend for yourself night" as my husband & his mother could not agree on what to have. I had a Red Baron 5 cheese french bread pizza. I burn my mouth on those things every time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals